• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Fighting Game Thread: #scrubcentral 2.0

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roronoa Zoro

Always on the lookout for aliens
Don't really see why you should care but I might b
Folks on NUNS3 keep saying I keep spamming Sasuke's amaterasu. The word really needs to be redefined. When I see that something works, using it again isn't necessarily spam. Deidara on the other hand is spam because it requires no timing and is just u pressing square over and over again.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
That's generally accepted in the FGC anyways. Saying something is spam is a cop-out for being mad you can't get past it.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Folks on NUNS3 keep saying I keep spamming Sasuke's amaterasu. The word really needs to be redefined. When I see that something works, using it again isn't necessarily spam. Deidara on the other hand is spam because it requires no timing and is just u pressing square over and over again.
In a way it its spamming... i genuinely call it frustratingly annoying... Personally i rather fight a spamming deidara over an Amateratsu Sasuke mainly because it stand a chance against Deidara. Haven't put in the time to make a strategy to beating that type of a sasuke user...

That's generally accepted in the FGC anyways. Saying something is spam is a cop-out for being mad you can't get past it.
Pretty much lol

On another note I put in Street Fighter IV AE for the first time in months and was dominating with Ibuki. went 12-0 before i lost to a gen user. I dont fight that many Gens so it threw off my game. It was fun watching all those shotos fall lol. at least 7 of the players used Gouken, Akuma, Ken, or Ryu. The rest used Dudley and Balrog. The was also a crazy good Bison user that i barely got past.

Think I'm gonna play SF games more often for a while...

Noel

Awards
They really need to make a King of Fighters XIV or finally make the sequel to Garou Mark of the Wolves. ;.;

As you can tell, I enjoy the SNK fighters.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
MvC3's combo system is really lenient with regards to inputs, but there are a lot of moving parts and general techniques that you have to know in order to actually make them work, so I can see how someone who isn't super familiar with fighting games (at least on a competitive level) might struggle with that initial hurdle.

I don't really know much about Injustice's combo system, but if it's like MK9, then it probably just has some weird timing mechanics that you need to figure out in order to make them work. Again, just little things that if you don't know how to look for will give you a lot of grief.

For MvC3, I would just start doing really basic (in other words: bad) combos just to get a feel for how moves cancel into the other. Then you should work on things like wavedashing, tiger knee inputs, triangle jumping (for certain character like Magneto), and other input tricks that make certain combos and setups possible. Also, knowing the exact timing of your assists through practice is essential too. Everything after that is just getting the right feel for the timing and flow of it.

One thing to note though is that MvC3's meta game is very unique among current fighting games. Matches essentially play out like high intensity games of chicken, where one player looks for that first good hit and goes for the kill combo as soon as they get it (sometimes they can't, but usually they can). After that, it's a mental exercise between the two players of what setup the victor of that particular "character match" will go for to trap the incoming character. The cancelling system makes concepts such as "safe" or "unsafe" moves virtually nonexistent, and you won't punish people for them but try to extend the neutral game in order to get another opportunity at landing a hit.

Basically, MvC3's a weird fighting game all around, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back