• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Terminus Ludus Sign ups and OOC (An Original Roleplay)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
I'll edit the Bio section sometime later, but here is the majority of my template:

Name: Essaulder Damundrae

Species: Human, presumably.

Appearance: At an imposing six feet and ten inches of well-toned muscle, Essaulder emanates a distinct aura of powerful malevolence that dominates the room whenever he is present. Even the slightest detail of his menacing visage appears wholly tainted and fouled, from his stretched, ash-colored skin drawn taut across his hardened face, to his piercing dark eyes which seem to flare blood-red in certain lighting. His grisly face, however, is the only part of his body left exposed to the air; the remainder of his terrifying physique is seemingly perpetually covered in a complex suit of sable armor, crafted out of some unknown metal and articulated with a number of odd designs, symbols of the shadow that draw from the outside elements and add to the armor’s power. Multiple spikes protrude from the armor’s broad shoulders, and stab through the heavy battle cloak that drapes his large form, only adding to the aura of awful malevolence that permeates from him.

Atop his skull rests a lofty, crown-like helm, suited more for intimidation than the actual purpose of protecting one’s head. Six peaks circle the top of the helm, the front being emblazoned with two horns, slightly resembling a bird of prey taking flight. His right gauntlet is engraved with a strange insignia on the palm, with a large bloodstone set in the center. It purpose is all but unknown, but even still, Essaulder is quite obviously not somebody one would wish to be an enemy.

Picture: http://images.epilogue.net/users/timovihola/sauron.jpg

Abilities: Aside from possessing tremendous strength, both physical and mental, Essaulder, being a devoted follower of the Shadow, is endowed with strange and awful abilities considered unnatural to any other living being. He possesses the ability to manipulate shadow in any way he pleases, to the extent of being able to create entire weapons and creatures out of the darkness. And such shadows are not merely limited to the tangible world; Essaulder is also able to delve into a person's consciousness, and inflict incredible mental torture utilizing their most potent fears and memories. Indeed, he is even able to manifest beings of a person's past as corporeal creatures, even if that being happens to still be living. In addition, he seems to be able to draw power derivative of the environment itself, including his opponents; if he were to leave his gauntleted hand resting upon the trunk of a tree for long enough, the spot which he came in physical contact with would wither and rot away.

Weapon: Various, though his favorite is a wicked, one-handed axe with a sickle-like blade.

Personality: In spite of his vast strength and intellect, Essaulder displays not even the slightest bit of haughtiness or arrogance in his dealings with others. His entire being honed and directed towards the further conquest of the Shadow, Essaulder sets his dagger-sharp wits solely towards that exact purpose. Never once will he joke or stray off of the topic at hand, and, while he utilizes a fairly complex vocabulary, does not avoid or dance around unpleasant facts, merely stating them in their plain truth. The man indulges in no pleasures, no drink, or women, outwardly devoted solely to the full conquest of the Shadow. However, not all of his military and diplomatic decisions appear to be entirely directed towards that aim, and, if speaking in private to somebody, will openly speak of the Shadow's domain as his own. The other Servants of the Shadow are fully aware of his true, power-lusting character, and yet through clever manipulations, Essaulder is able to avoid any notice from the Shadow itself. Besides, he is too valuable an asset to dispose of; in fact, he is the sole being that holds the Shadow's forces in any semblance of order.

Bio/History: Not a living soul save Essaulder himself holds any knowledge of the man's shadowed history, and Essaulder is not one to divulge valuable information freely. From the very first days of when the Shadow loosed itself upon the world, Essaulder had stood in its midst, directing and commanding its forces against the civilized world. It was through his cunning and precise military strategies that the Empire City fell smoldering to the ground in a mere matter of two days, and it was by his command that the entire nation of New Zealand was sent hurtling into the murky depths of the Atlantic. The man's military achievements alone would prove more than intimidating to anybody who knew his name.

And yet, when he is not standing upon the field of battle, when Essaulder believes himself secluded and alone, he will on rare occasion produce from a hidden location in his private quarters a small, tarnished medal, its ribbon frayed and faded, the colors long since washed out, and finger it around in his gauntleted hand. He is very secretive about the object, taking great precautions to keep it hidden from any other living being. And even when he places it securely within its secret niche, he places it face-down, so that no one may glance upon it and see the Purple Heart emblazoned on its front, a reminder of his single failure.

It isn't nearly my best, but I've been stuck in a creative block for a while now.

Last edited:

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
Well Ordeith, it may not be your best, but it's still the best here! (Sorry everyone else, but this guy is the best in the business.) Well, include a history (Or lack thereof) And you're accepted!

A

Azrael

I'll post a bad guy template by tomorrow, if not by Monday night.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
Either day is fine. Thank (Insert diety here) it's a long weekend!

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
Okay, I have decided to create a template. And I've decided to choose a dwarf since nobody's created a template for one yet. I may create a few other templates too, if that's all right, Lifeline?

Name: Erika Greystone

Species: Dwarf

Gender: Female (Most major Dwarf characters are boys, so I thought it might be fun to make this one a girl!)

Appearance: She's about three feet tall, with a tough, muscular build. Her hair is golden blonde and almost always pulled back in a braid so that it will not distract her from fighting. Aside from that, she has bright blue eyes and perpetually dirty skin that comes from living so close to the mines. She wears a blood-red shirt and matching pants that are held together by a single belt, and over this, she almost always wears a set of armor.

Picture: N/A

Abilities: Erika is a young dwarf, so her powers have not reached their full potential yet. However, she does posess some abilities related to the earth that serve her well in the mines, such as being able to clear aside dirt to make tunnels without the risk of a cave-in. But she can also make a cave-in if she wants to. Her time in the minds has also made her highly susceptible to oncoming danger, and she can usually sense a disaster just before it's about to strike.

Weapon: She can use a sword, a pick-axe, and her brother also invented a special gun that shoots out rocks. She can handle each of these weapons very well.

Personality: Erika is primarily a stubborn person who follows her gut more than anyone else's opinion, though her older brother, Devon, taught her to at least listen to what other people have to say (doesn't mean she'll agree with it, of course). She enjoys fighting and working in the minds, but also likes to visit the surface to explore.

Bio/History: Erika was born in Forrige Slagmark and has lived there all her life with her father, mother, older brother Devon, and his twin sister, Morganna. Her father was once an American military commander who fought against the rising darkness, but he was captured by the enemy and mutated into a dwarf. While he was imprisoned, he fell in love with one of his cell mates, and after they managed to escape, they married and became one of the original dwarf families. Hundreds of years later, Erika was born. She is resentful about often being viewed as the "baby in the family" and it fueled her desire to work in the mines along with everyone else, hunting for materials to use for tools. This occupation caused her to form an even closer bond with Devon, who had decided to become an inventor, and often used Erika's raw materials to create new and deadly weapons (like the rock gun). But what Erika really dreams of doing is helping her parents fight off the apocalyptic threat that has plagued their world for years. Their memories and knowledge of the enemy, however, have caused them to have reservations about letting her join.

Other: I'm trying to think of what her theme would be, but I'll have to get back to you on that, Lifeline.

Is this good enough?

Last edited:

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
I'm guessing that "For years" you mean hundreds of years? And there's really no capturing or military here... as the major governments have disolved into nothingness with only remnants of what they once were.

Organization_42

Awards
Yes, I meant hundreds of years. And I meant that her parent's history happened back when all this post-apocalyptic stuff first started, back when those governments still existed. Yeah, her parents are really old.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
Well then, I suppose I may as well accept you. Nothing that bad about your temp I suppose, and we need more members regardless of whatever.

Organization_42

Awards
Now hold on, if there's really something contradictory about my template and you really need me to change it, I don't mind doing so. I want it to be a good template!

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
No, it's fine. I just feel as though something's wrong with it. Although I cannot see anything of the sort, I just feel there is something wrong. But, if it has no proof, why believe it? Until I have reason to decide otherwise, you're accepted. Just read over the OP again and if you see anything wrong, change it. My mind is on certain other matters at the moment and I truly see nothing wrong.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Just to let you be aware, Lifeline, I've edited the Bio section of my template.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
Okay, finish your temp and you're accepted Sa'id. And I'll go read up on your bio now Ordeith.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
Template:

The Darkness Shall Not Prevail!

Name: Ayla Morgenstern

Species: Dragon Folk

Appearance:
Stands at a mere 5' tall, making her significantly shorter than the others that she mingles with. She is also a lightweight, at only about 115 lbs. Her scales are swampy shade of green, and cover nearly every part of her body. The exception to this her head, which is scale free. Her scales are set upon her in such a way that they seem to more resemble armor than actual scales. In fact, if it weren't for the fact that she had a real tail, the other dragon folk would have probably banished her from their society.

Picture:
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n51/rayraythesunprincess/anime%20pics/drangongirl.jpg

Abilities:
As with all dragon folk, Ayla possess the ability to breath, and to an extent, control fire. Though she seems to have developed a white flame as opposed to red. Unfortunately, she hasn't been able to fully control her abilities to their fullest, and when angered, she will become partially engulfed in flames.

Weapon:
She doesn't much like the use of weapons in battle. As she says: "My body is the only weapon for me!" (stubbornly asserted). None the less, she brings two bladed tonfas with her when she does battle. Her favorite body parts to use in battle are her tail, which has a spearlike form on the end of it, and her claws.

Personality: A youth by dragon folk standards, she possess the energy, ignorance, impatience/temper, laziness, and overall outlook on life that any young person would. She can come off as being disrespectful towards her elders, and almost always gets into some kind of trouble with someone.

Ayla is, much in the attitude of the youth, very curious, and inquisitive as to the nature of other speices, especially humans, and the servants of the shadows. She will often make mini excursions to human settlements in order to learn about her half humanity. She would like to find a dragon settlement (something she has tried to do several times), and meet her "other half".

Bio/History:
Ayla was born near the end of the "dragons mating humans days", and her father was among the last of the dragons to mate with a human female. When he realized the wrong he had done, he fled from Ayla's mother, leaving her to fight through criticism, and mob style lynching attempts to weed her daughter from society. These mobs would chase them from each human settlement that the two tried to live in. Therefore, they were constantly on the move, so they could keep ahead of the mobs.

After about a year of running from town to town, the pir came upon a different settlement. In this place, Ayla's mother found others like her daughter. Seeing this as a chance to give her daughter a life of comfort, and a family, she left Ayla with the dragon folk.

As the years passed by, young Ayla began to inquire about her parentage. But none og the others were willing to tell her the full, or even the true story. The most commonly tslked story of this, is the tale that her mother and father died shortly after her birth. This story asserts that the dragon folk are what scared off the mobs, and rescued Ayla from certain death.

Not convinced by the lies, Ayla started sneaking out of the settlement by night, and searching for ckues as to her parents' locations. Everytime she is caught, she is severely punished for doing such dangerous things. The beatings are usually carried out by the leaders of the dragon folk community. But even harsh beatings don't deter her from her goal of finding her parents.

Other:

Ayla has been searching for her parents for nearly 130 years (when she's not being caught in misdeeds). But she is unaware that her mother died, and that her father would have no interest in meeting her.

Due to her size, and age, and her overall attitude, she is considered the "baby" amongst the dragon folk, and is always under close watch, and protection (though she always tries to throw off those that attempt to pursue her.

Last edited:

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
Well... being the last dragonfolk seems slightly unfair to others... and aboveground settlements are a no-no seeing as they would be destroyed nearly instantly. So, just look over the OP and I'll consider accepting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back