• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Telltale's The Walking Dead: A New Frontier Coming December 20, 2016

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: Telltale's The Walking Dead: Season 3 CONFIRMED

Yeah, it takes place after the time skip. She's no longer with Rick's group in Alexandria or even with Maggie's group in Hilltop as she's moved to The Kingdom to be with Ezekial. She APPARENTLY leaves The Kingdom for some unclear reason and dicks around on her own though, according to this.

I'm caught up with the collected volumes but not with the individual issues so I didn't know about that last bit before this was announced. It's like, really, really new information so I'm a little surprised.

I'd primarily just like to know why she has a machete and not her katana, wtf.

I heard that's when it'll take place too. Since it's focusing on her being alone I guess that gives the excuse of not seeing the other characters but I'm really hoping we see some of them at least once (especially Rick and Carl). I wonder how/if this will connect to the game's canon?

I'm also only caught up on the volumes and not the up to date separate issues so I wasn't sure what was going on with Michonne. The Kingdom itself hasn't even been shown so who knows what will happen in this?

Gotta be honest I didn't even notice that was a machete instead of her katana. :p I guess I didn't analyze the pic much.

Damn, I really need to pick up Season Two already. Just beat Season One about a month ago

Play it. I'm sure most people would agree that, overall, Season One was better but Season Two still has lots of great moments. I was actually planning on marathoning both seasons and with this announcement it gives me a reason to revisit them anyway.

3u86fz.jpg

Lol.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Re: Telltale's The Walking Dead: Michonne mini-series this fall

I'm having a hard time caring about this Michonne mini series. Sure, I'll play it. I'm sure it will be fine. But as stated before, Telltale is doing too much.

What I mean is I want Season 2 of The Wolf Afuckingmong Us. I seriously feel that it was Telltale's best work yet and it seems like they'll shelf anything that isn't The Walking Dead. Don't leave me with a cliffhanger if you aren't going to finish your series Telltale *cough Back to the Future cough Tales of Monkey Island cough The Wolf Among Us*

ToriJ

Website
torijreviews.blogspot.com

The Telltale games introduced me to the series and got me interested in checking out the show. I haven't read any of the comic books yet. I have both games for PS3 and love them. Only issue I have with the second game is the fact it keeps corrupting my save file! I dared to replay it for a review and BAM! The whole thing deleted itself by episode 2. Whenever Season 3 comes out I'll have to replay Season 2 again just so my own choices will carry over! UGH! And there's a chance it will just delete my save again.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

S2 is free for PS+ starting next month. this is bittersweet, i bought S1 and the side episode but those were on 360 so i'm hoping there's a sort of system to transfer my choices.

Max

Staff member
Awards

S2 is free for PS+ starting next month. this is bittersweet, i bought S1 and the side episode but those were on 360 so i'm hoping there's a sort of system to transfer my choices.

Unfortunately you can't. There isn't even a system in place for those who upgrade from PS3 to PS4 to transfer their data, so you'll either need to rebuy the season or start a new game on season 2 with randomized choices from season 1.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

[video=youtube;m3M5mlkvk9w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3M5mlkvk9w[/video]

They grow up so fast

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org

I hope the new/updated engine runs fine on my PC. All my past season game saves are on PC

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Really cool art. This could be the first Telltale game that I play episodically, and not just once the whole thing is out.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Not gonna lie, pretty excited for this. Recently finished Michonne, it was okay, not as good as the main series though.
Yeah, it wasn't bad... but it wasn't emotionally moving like TWD main series.

It was incredibly difficult to get attached to characters in the short time span they gave for the Michonne game, and knowing she's alive in the comics (pretty sure the issue where she rejoins the group came out before the game) made it difficult to feel any sense of danger during fights as well. Though I did like the back story for her daughters.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Season Pass disc is up for preorder, November 15th folks!

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Welp, this is not the first TT game I'm going with episodically. I caved and bought the Batman season pass today. Telltale seems to finally have nailed the release time on these games. An episode a month seems awesome if they can achieve it. I might have to go episodic with Walking Dead as well when they're putting them out at this rate.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I'll probs grab the season pass disc of this considering I have disc version of all of the others for PS4 (except Batman, haven't snagged that yet). And I know that I definitely won't have the patience to wait until every episode is out, I'm going to play as they release, I'm itching for this new season.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Season Pass disc is up for preorder, November 15th folks!
CLEM I'M COMING

Telltale's TWD where I doubledip with digital and physical totally shamefully

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Whoa, Clem has grown so much! Maybe I'll return to TellTales WD with this. I loved season 1 when I played it on my PS3, but then as I was watching some video on YouTube later, YT suggest me a Walking Dead season 2 video, with huge spoiler in it's thumbnail.... I was pretty pissed after that.... But ehh, it's been so long that maybe the spoiler does not bother me anymore. I want to see what Clem has been up to.

Max

Staff member
Awards
From the sounds of it, we might not be playing as Clem in this game, but playing as Javier, whom Clem is accompanying?

Edit: Or maybe we play as them both? I've read a couple different articles where it's kind of mentioned in passing, but I'm not finding any solid announcements about it.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Whoa, Clem has grown so much! Maybe I'll return to TellTales WD with this. I loved season 1 when I played it on my PS3, but then as I was watching some video on YouTube later, YT suggest me a Walking Dead season 2 video, with huge spoiler in it's thumbnail.... I was pretty pissed after that.... But ehh, it's been so long that maybe the spoiler does not bother me anymore. I want to see what Clem has been up to.
What spoiler? D: Season 2 is a lot more determinant than Season 1 with endings and characters (really only two of them but still). So the spoiler you saw might not be what you'd get if you played!

From the sounds of it, we might not be playing as Clem in this game, but playing as Javier, whom Clem is accompanying?

Edit: Or maybe we play as them both? I've read a couple different articles where it's kind of mentioned in passing, but I'm not finding any solid announcements about it.
We play as them both which worries me a bit since TWD is Clem's story.

Max

Staff member
Awards
We play as them both which worries me a bit since TWD is Clem's story.

I'm not really worried about it. It is Clem's story, but we played as Lee in Season 1 and it didn't really detract from it any, it was an interesting perspective. Then we actually played as her in Season 2. Sharing the spotlight in 3 might be pretty interesting, trying to fill in the time gaps by looking at her through someone else's eyes sounds cool, and knowing then that we will switch back to her now and then is good. I trust Telltale with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back