• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tales of Thread | Tales of Zestiria the X, Berseria PV5, Vesperia Definitive Edition

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Happyfunshineman

Awards
Re: Tales of Zestiria - PS4 Oct 16, PC Oct 20, bonus content | Tales of Berseria - PS3/PS4 w/female

You will be surprised by how open Japanese players are towards DLC. There are still haters of course, but they are the minority here.

Almost all of the Tales players I personally know purchase the DLC costume. I'm guilty of that as well, bought the God Eater, Ao no Exorcist, and beach costumes for Zestiria. If paying increases the fun, why not?

For example, I see many foreign players hating that Splatoon is a console game instead of an online game since it practically is one. But it is currently the hottest game here, we see no wrong with it since it is really extremely fun. Super Smash and Mario Kart as well with the DLC add-ons, come on those are extremely cheap and worth the fun! Look at how the smartphone industry is reigning with all the microtransactions and lottery draws.

I still can't get over that so many Western players still think that the Alisha fiasco is due to players losing their "waifus". One of the biggest reasons is because this 20-year old series actually dare to try this shit marketing after amassing so much fans throughout the years. Plus they keep giving excuses and more excuses for their actions... I bet the same reaction will follows if KH3 did the same thing.

Playing a lot of fighting games I'm pretty guilty of buying costumes as well as buying every iteration of said fighting game.

I guess I'm not on the internet enough but I honestly don't see people complaining that Splatoon should be an online game. Also, I haven't run into anyone rude enough to summarize the Alisha troubles as players being upset over waifus.

It probably wasn't the intended effect, but I'm honestly concerned how Japanese gamers view Westerners.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Tales of Zestiria - PS4 Oct 16, PC Oct 20, bonus content | Tales of Berseria - PS3/PS4 w/female

Playing a lot of fighting games I'm pretty guilty of buying costumes as well as buying every iteration of said fighting game.

I guess I'm not on the internet enough but I honestly don't see people complaining that Splatoon should be an online game. Also, I haven't run into anyone rude enough to summarize the Alisha troubles as players being upset over waifus.

It probably wasn't the intended effect, but I'm honestly concerned how Japanese gamers view Westerners.

Visit NeoGAF and you'll find the waifu comments (you will also find the "Sorey and Mikleo are just bros" comments too)

For Splatoon comments, I'd say exploring Japanese boards like 2ch would be insightful.

Happyfunshineman

Awards

Visit NeoGAF and you'll find the waifu comments (you will also find the "Sorey and Mikleo are just bros" comments too)

For Splatoon comments, I'd say exploring Japanese boards like 2ch would be insightful.

Thanks. It's been a while since I last looked at 2ch. I used to go all the time before I was diagnosed with laziness.

Haven't checked any Tales threads on Neogaf even though I'm usually on at least once a day.

"Just bros" comments make me sad. Someday they will understand... someday.

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards

And just reading Gamefaqs give me a huge headache......

As for Sorey and Mikleo, they are brought up among Seraphs and are pretty much clueless on the norms of human society (except for ruins). So I don't think it is fair for people to bring up sexuality issues. Plus they grew up with just each other, I personally think that you can only ascertain your sexuality past your first love since you are pretty much innocent and clueless before then. And if your first is the same gender, social standards cannot be applied.

Happyfunshineman

Awards

And just reading Gamefaqs give me a huge headache......

As for Sorey and Mikleo, they are brought up among Seraphs and are pretty much clueless on the norms of human society (except for ruins). So I don't think it is fair for people to bring up sexuality issues. Plus they grew up with just each other, I personally think that you can only ascertain your sexuality past your first love since you are pretty much innocent and clueless before then. And if your first is the same gender, social standards cannot be applied.

Thanks for clearing things up for me Kazr.

Its a shame really. I keep on forgetting that people feel like they can be as stupid as they want on the internet. I'm sorry people over here have been giving you headaches.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

I think part of the problem is that some people (read homophobes) can't separate same-sex relationships from sex. Mention the word homosexual and they will most likely think specifically of two men having sex. They are not as likely to think about a same-sex couple of either gender just holding hands or having breakfast together before heading off to work. That would explain comments like "we don't need to know if Mikleo takes it up the butt". Because I can't recall ever seeing people talk about Sora and Kairi that way. Or Link and Zelda.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

Gamefaqs is a cesspool. Best not to worry about them too much.

Happyfunshineman

Awards

Well its not much, but here's are first trailer for Berseria.

[video=youtube;ZHMJZqcnuU0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHMJZqcnuU0[/video]

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards

I loved how the last 40 seconds are just Bandai diddlying around.

Other than that, for a game just announced, it's not a bad trailer. Not much was shown, but still got me hyped.

Kaneki

Tales of Zestiria (or any tales game I guess?)

It's finally localized, I avoided much of anything to do with trailers or gameplay for this (more or less how I do when waiting through that year gap with every tales game) I had it pre-ordered and all it unlocked (on PSN)

So far all I can say is I miss everyone from Tales of Xillia a lot, it doesn't help that Sorey looks so much like Jude either but right now even though Sorey is chill I feel like I can't like him , maybe I just need to stop missing tales of Xillia so much.

In any case I searched for a thread on tales and I couldn't find any (at least recent one, the most I could find was about ToX 2 and zestiria's localization date)

So I'm making one now.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
Re: Tales of Zestiria (or any tales game I guess?)

I'm so excited it releases in EU today! I wasn't even looking forward to it until a few weeks ago, now I just can't wait. It's finally a new Tales game instead of a sequel. I did like Xillia 2 however, especially since it improved so much on the first, which imo was incredibly mediocre... At least now we finally get something different.

Kaneki

Yeah I guess honestly , I need to go into it a bit more open minded , need to stop missing ludger jude milla and alvin haha

Happyfunshineman

Awards

We had a thread for when Tales of Berseria was announced, which kind of became a tales in general thread.

Seeing as Zesteria is coming out soon in the states, I've been trying to get myself out of Tales debt. I didn't finish Hearts and Xillia 2 because of the Evil Within and the Bayonetta 2. I just cleared Hearts and honestly didn't think much of it. Kind of had the same problem I had with Xillia 1, the story wasn't interesting and many elements of the story had already been done better in previous Tales games.

I'm liking Xillia 2 a lot though. It has that X-2/XIII-2 feel where you say to yourself "where are all these crazy story elements popping up from." Only here I like it quite a bit as the absurdity of it all is making it feel like the first Tales game I've played in a long time that's unique.

I played a bit of the Japanese version of Zesteria at my friends place and I can't wait to get back into that combat system.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

(Merged threads)

I don't have my copy of Zestiria yet but I am fairly certain I will love the game to pieces. I wasn't particularly drawn to the Xillia cast and Xillia 2 story was much more engaging from what I saw of it on YT but I haven't bothered to try it out because of Xillia apathy.

Zestiria's cast isn't the most colorful of the Tales casts, but I think they all work well together and they are not easily hated because there is little about them to hate. That said, it takes awhile to grow to like them because it takes awhile for the comedy and deeper plot lines to kick in.

So if you are having a hard time growing attached to the cast, give it time—at least until Edna joins you because that is when it gets more lively and personalities begin to shine a bit more.

Kaneki

I think it's pretty much agreed as a general whole though that Tales of Xillia 2 was a lot better than ToX , I honestly loved it , I loved ToX too and I liked that we saw Jude, Milla and Alvin throughout ToX2

So far I've played a bit of Zestiria right now torn between either playing MGSV (i really need to finish this already) or keep playing Zestiria

Blazingblue

Banned
Re: Tales of Zestiria - Out Now in Europe | Tales of Berseria - The Next Tales, PS3/PS4

I haven't played a Tales game and I was wondering if I should start with Zestiria? Is it difficult?

Kaneki

Re: Tales of Zestiria - Out Now in Europe | Tales of Berseria - The Next Tales, PS3/PS4

I haven't played a Tales game and I was wondering if I should start with this one? Is it difficult?
I dunno if anyone can tell you to start with this one, I'd say if you can get it sure? A good start for me was starting with Tales of Destiny when I was younger, I'd say a good start for any person would be to start with Tales of Hearts R , Tales of Symphonia or Tales of Xillia. I'd say eventually play Vesperia though but Vesperia was so good that a lot of tales games after it really can't compare, apart from Tales of Xillia 2 which comes close in my opinion.

If you want go ahead , Zestiria is fun so far (though I'm playing mgsv atm) but try out the others I've mentioned as well.

Blazingblue

Banned

I dunno if anyone can tell you to start with this one, I'd say if you can get it sure? A good start for me was starting with Tales of Destiny when I was younger, I'd say a good start for any person would be to start with Tales of Hearts R , Tales of Symphonia or Tales of Xillia. I'd say eventually play Vesperia though but Vesperia was so good that a lot of tales games after it really can't compare, apart from Tales of Xillia 2 which comes close in my opinion.

If you want go ahead , Zestiria is fun so far (though I'm playing mgsv atm) but try out the others I've mentioned as well.

Well I only own a PS4 atm so I'm debating to get this one, is this the only Tales game for the PS4?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Well I only own a PS4 atm so I'm debating to get this one, is this the only Tales game for the PS4?

If you only have a PS4, I suppose this would be the only option. Tales of Berseria will be on PS4.

You don't have any old consoles at all? I also do not recommend jumping into the Tales series here unless you really want to scratch that JRPG itch.

Kaneki

If you only have a PS4, I suppose this would be the only option. Tales of Berseria will be on PS4.

You don't have any old consoles at all? I also do not recommend jumping into the Tales series here unless you really want to scratch that JRPG itch.

This more or less, though I'd reccomend Xillia 2 & Vesperia to almost anyone if they're wanting RPG's

I dunno about the price of PS2's anymore but PS3's look to be relatively cheap if you can spare some money, it's too bad vesperia got made an xbox360 exclusive for it's English release though :/

Back