• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tales of Thread | Tales of Zestiria the X, Berseria PV5, Vesperia Definitive Edition

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Tales of Berseria - PS3/PS4 w/female lead | Tales of Zestiria - PS4/PC versions + Oct 16 date le

It better be free for awhile like Japan or on disk for us.

Considering the PS4 version is newly produced, I'm guessing there's no reason why it wouldn't be included. Especially if Japan's getting it later too.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Tales of Berseria - PS3/PS4 w/female lead | Tales of Zestiria - PS4/PC versions + Oct 16 date le

X3HHYJI.png

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Zestiria for PS4 confirmed on the PS Blog and new official trailers from Bandai Namco.

[video=youtube;0u4Pm2vOD5o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u4Pm2vOD5o[/video]

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards

I've always been a huge fan of the Tales series, but for some reason unknown to me I have an issue finishing any of the games after Abyss. I've played and completed Phantasia (I'd really like to find a good PSX emulation online instead of the gba version), Symphonia (GameCube), Symphonia 2 (Wii), Legendia, the Abyss, and the World.

The ones I've played but haven't completed are Vesperia (my friend was letting me borrow his 360 to play this, but then took it back before I was done. My fanboy ass just needs to import the PS3 version), Graces f, Xillia, and Hearts R. It isn't that I didn't like them or anything, I think they're all great, but other than Vesperia, I have no excuse as to why they don't get completed. I really want to play Xillia 2 and Innocence R, but I need to beat Xillia and Innocence R may not even get localized.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Zestiria for PS4 confirmed on the PS Blog and new official trailers from Bandai Namco.

[video=youtube;0u4Pm2vOD5o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u4Pm2vOD5o[/video]

Finally lol

I hope they show of PS3 - PS4 comparisons soon

1434119074-beauty-shot-ps3-ps4-pc.jpg

Alisha DLC plz

Happyfunshineman

Awards
Re: Tales of Zestiria - PS4 Oct 16, PC Oct 20, bonus content | Tales of Berseria - PS3/PS4 w/female

So we got some details on Berseria's world in this scan.

berseria.jpg

You can check out ANN for the rest,
Tales of Berseria Game's World, Protagonist Details Revealed - News - Anime News Network

I'm really exited about Berseria's setting. Its one of the most unique sounding worlds Tales has had in a while.

Not so exited for Velvet's outfit though. There's way to much going on in her design.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Tales of Zestiria - PS4 Oct 16, PC Oct 20, bonus content | Tales of Berseria - PS3/PS4 w/female

So we got some details on Berseria's world in this scan.

berseria.jpg

You can check out ANN for the rest,
Tales of Berseria Game's World, Protagonist Details Revealed - News - Anime News Network

I'm really exited about Berseria's setting. Its one of the most unique sounding worlds Tales has had in a while.

Not so exited for Velvet's outfit though. There's way to much going on in her design.

I posted that on the last page ;~;

http://forums.khinsider.com/video-g...eria-ps3-ps4-w-female-lead-3.html#post6273540

I'll just echo my comments. VAMPIRE PIRATE SO FANFICY EDGY

Happyfunshineman

Awards

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

I hope they show of PS3 - PS4 comparisons soon

"Here's another reason why you shouldn't buy this for your PS3." :p

Alisha DLC plz

It really has to be on the disc. It just has to be. I'm assuming Japan will also get the PS4 version, in which case it would simply just make the most sense for it to already be included.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

"Here's another reason why you shouldn't buy this for your PS3." :p

My PS3 becomes more obsolete everyday haha

It really has to be on the disc. It just has to be. I'm assuming Japan will also get the PS4 version, in which case it would simply just make the most sense for it to already be included.

BN has been porting a lot of their games to PS4 for Western release, actually, but they have yet to announce a few of them to be PS4 in Japan. J-Stars Vs+ is one example I can think of...I wonder what they are waiting for.

It certainly would. While it wouldn't fix the Alisha problem 100%, I think it'd be good progress to show that they care that the fans didn't like her being relegated to DLC.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Imagine if the Aqua chapters of BBS had been DLC. It's not hard to understand why Japanese fans were annoyed by the way BN handled this. I'm fine with DLC for cosmetic stuff like costumes, but to lock away parts of a game's narrative behind a paywall is just disgusting.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Imagine if the Aqua chapters of BBS had been DLC. It's not hard to understand why Japanese fans were annoyed by the way BN handled this. I'm fine with DLC for cosmetic stuff like costumes, but to lock away parts of a game's narrative behind a paywall is just disgusting.

It is. I've ever understood story DLC released not that long after release. If it is months later, clearly it was being made after the game was made as an addition, but even still what happened to shipping complete packages? I know in a digital age, it makes it easier to include more in a game so you can get the game launched but I think at some point there is an obvious proem if you're releasing games with content missing.

Happyfunshineman

Awards

It is. I've ever understood story DLC released not that long after release. If it is months later, clearly it was being made after the game was made as an addition, but even still what happened to shipping complete packages? I know in a digital age, it makes it easier to include more in a game so you can get the game launched but I think at some point there is an obvious proem if you're releasing games with content missing.

I remember being exited for dlc. When Resident Evil 5 had its dlc episodes almost a YEAR later, I thought it was the coolest thing. Now games market there dlc episodes before the actual game is released. Wan't to play Virgil's Downfall? Well you better get ready to open your wallet.

On the subject of dlc, hopefully Beseria wont have hundreds of dollars worth of costume dlc. The last few Tales games have been pretty bad in that regard.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I remember being exited for dlc. When Resident Evil 5 had its dlc episodes almost a YEAR later, I thought it was the coolest thing.

It was the coolest thing! Games you stopped playing months ago suddenly given life again? It was the best use of DLC. I hate ore-order DLC. I get pulled into it easily too, but I've started picking my DLC battles. If it is a game I know won't be selling a lot like some niche game from a niche publisher/developer, I'll buy the game and DLC if it is interesting.

Now games market there dlc episodes before the actual game is released. Wan't to play Virgil's Downfall? Well you better get ready to open your wallet.

This is the only reason I am happy for DmC's Definitive Edition. I had zero intention of getting Vergil's DLC story. I didn't even buy the game, though so haha.

On the subject of dlc, hopefully Beseria wont have hundreds of dollars worth of costume dlc. The last few Tales games have been pretty bad in that regard.

Eugh. I miss the days where you had to unlock costumes in games by being good at the game...

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards

I'm fine with DLC for cosmetic stuff like costumes, but to lock away parts of a game's narrative behind a paywall is just disgusting.
This always made me so angry. Why am I paying for the game in the first place if I'm not even getting the entire game? Story plot is a part of that, so why do I have to pay more than ONCE to enjoy it all? Even free-to-play games that are entirely DLC make more sense than that. And I likewise think that those are going the wrong direction.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

I miss the days when developers would create enough new content post-launch and release a physical expansion pack. The DLC practises are out of control these days. Companies still release games with content already on disc locked behind a paywall. Content being cut from the game during game development so that they can release it with a "season pass" immediately following the game's release. The sad thing is that most gamers, even those who pretend to be outraged by it, end up paying anyway. Every single DLC I've got has been redeemed through codes that came with the games or were offered for free. Haven't paid for any DLC yet and never will. I think it's a disgusting practice.

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards

You will be surprised by how open Japanese players are towards DLC. There are still haters of course, but they are the minority here.

Almost all of the Tales players I personally know purchase the DLC costume. I'm guilty of that as well, bought the God Eater, Ao no Exorcist, and beach costumes for Zestiria. If paying increases the fun, why not?

For example, I see many foreign players hating that Splatoon is a console game instead of an online game since it practically is one. But it is currently the hottest game here, we see no wrong with it since it is really extremely fun. Super Smash and Mario Kart as well with the DLC add-ons, come on those are extremely cheap and worth the fun! Look at how the smartphone industry is reigning with all the microtransactions and lottery draws.

I still can't get over that so many Western players still think that the Alisha fiasco is due to players losing their "waifus". One of the biggest reasons is because this 20-year old series actually dare to try this shit marketing after amassing so much fans throughout the years. Plus they keep giving excuses and more excuses for their actions... I bet the same reaction will follows if KH3 did the same thing.

Back