• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tales of Thread | Tales of Zestiria the X, Berseria PV5, Vesperia Definitive Edition

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
Re: Tales of Zestiria - Out Now in Europe | Tales of Berseria - The Next Tales, PS3/PS4

So I've been playing Zestiria for a while now and I absolutely love it, it's definitely one of my all time favourite Tales games. I am so tempted to sell my copy and try to get the collector's edition now... but I'm not sure if it's worth the price. Perhaps it is a little too much just for some extras, even if they are cool extras.

I swear I've spent more time dressing up the characters than actually playing the game. I literally screamed when I got the extra hair attachment, now Sorey looks like some sort of ex punk band member. Also Lailah with sunglasses is hilarious.

Couldn't believe it day 1 edition new unopened with the steel book case plastic cover too everything side 2nd soundtrack disc and all going for £10.
Whaaaaat, that's amazing for that price! I got it when it was released so I had to pay something like £40 for it. T_T It's great you found it so cheap! Hopefully you'll love the game, I certainly did.

header.jpg

I do it for Sorey and Mikleo <3
Why does Zaveid have a costume? THIS MEANS HE BECOMES A PARTY MEMBER RIGHT!? I THOUGHT HE WAS A BAD GUY OMG I'M EXCITED.

Blazingblue

Banned
Re: Tales of Zestiria - Out Now! | Tales of Berseria - The Next Tales, PS3/PS4

Since I am new to the series which difficulty should I start on?

Kaneki

Re: Tales of Zestiria - Out Now in Europe | Tales of Berseria - The Next Tales, PS3/PS4

So I've been playing Zestiria for a while now and I absolutely love it, it's definitely one of my all time favourite Tales games. I am so tempted to sell my copy and try to get the collector's edition now... but I'm not sure if it's worth the price. Perhaps it is a little too much just for some extras, even if they are cool extras.

I swear I've spent more time dressing up the characters than actually playing the game. I literally screamed when I got the extra hair attachment, now Sorey looks like some sort of ex punk band member. Also Lailah with sunglasses is hilarious.

Whaaaaat, that's amazing for that price! I got it when it was released so I had to pay something like £40 for it. T_T It's great you found it so cheap! Hopefully you'll love the game, I certainly did.

Why does Zaveid have a costume? THIS MEANS HE BECOMES A PARTY MEMBER RIGHT!? I THOUGHT HE WAS A BAD GUY OMG I'M EXCITED.

I've already played through it once haha , i even have my original tox2 copy of it but I picked this up just cause it was really cheap, I'll probably play through 1 and 2 again as well :)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I bought it today too haha the whole set of it , I also found this in a store for £10

NRhGqsW.jpg

Couldn't believe it day 1 edition new unopened with the steel book case plastic cover too everything side 2nd soundtrack disc and all going for £10.

Congrats on the find! Such a good price for such a good deal!

But Symphonia and soon Aybss 3DS will keep me busy until I get it. So far it;s only the more recent 3D Tales games I've played.

Better to play those when you have the chance. Reminded me that I need to finish Abyss 3DS sometime eventually.

Glad you are enjoying Zestiria! It's really refreshing in some ways, mainly because Sorey is really well-adjusted and everybody's character development is a bit more subtle than other Tales games.

I'm only an hour in and I've been doing the same. I'm not too sure how may times I've changed Sorey and Mikleo's hair and every time a serious cutscene starts I die laughing because Mikleo has the swim tube around him.

PREPARE YOURSELF it takes awhile xD

Since I am new to the series which difficulty should I start on?

Honestly, Hard isn't that hard...

Happyfunshineman

Awards

Okay I'll try Hard first and see if it's right up my alley. Can we change difficulties in game?

I want to weigh in on difficulty as well.

In Tales games difficulty is mostly just a number game, meaning monsters will have more health, do more damage, take less damage and their cast times are much shorter. In some games the AI will be more aggressive as well.

In Zesteria, your characters will earn less exp but will get more grade, gald, and better item drops. I've been hearing that Zesteria also makes it so that your item cool down is longer on higher difficulties as well.

Playing on higher difficulties is fun but it also adds a lot more time to your play though. For example, when I initially started playing Tales of Xillia 2 last year before dropping it to play other games, (Evil Within, Bayonetta 2) I had played for eight hours on hard. I started playing again about a week ago, this time on normal, and I did everything I had previously done, plus more, in five hours.

So just take in account that on higher difficulties you'll be fighting about the same amount of monsters just for a longer time. If that doesn't sound all that fun to you, you don't have to worry as there isn't any content locked behind difficulty.

And yes, you can change the difficulty at any time. If you want to play the colosseum on chaos or lower the difficulty on that boss you just can't beat, you can do it from the menu. Just not during a battle, obviously.

Higher difficulties are great for tying out longer, more stylish, combos too.

edit: This reddit post breaks down everything that changes on different difficulties. Check it out.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

5 hours in, and I am already in love with this game. Pretty sure I'm still in the tutorial areas since I've been taking my time exploring and talking to characters, but omg am I loving it. I already really like the main cast of characters so far, I love the gameplay itself, and it's just so pretty and colorful. This is exactly the kind of Tales game I needed after having a bad experience with Abyss 3DS.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

So I'm about 5 hours in as well. It's been hard trying to squeeze in some playtime, but right now I'm heading to the Galahad Ruins to get some pure water. The thing that has struck me since the game started is the more subtle humor it has (I think I've said this before...). Other Tales games are very overt in their attempts at comedy and rely heavily on anime tropes. It is usually very funny, but over exaggerated. In Zestiria, there are still some of those tropes but the jokes feel more...natural. Like you run around talking to people in Elysia and read how they have been watching Alisha look at the village and then Alisha says "It's strange. I feel like I'm being watched" and Sorey then gives the Seraphim a stare while they look on with ridiculous faces.

I've noticed on some forums that they don't find the skits or scenes to be funny but I haven't stopped laughing since I started playing (but that is mainly because I have them in the swim outfits and serious scenes looks so ridiculous. The most iconic one is when Sorey gets his Shepards clothes from Alisha and asks everybody how he looks and he's in his swim trunks and everybody is like "Oh you look so dashing, Shepard!" I swear I had tears rolling down my face.) I feel like people are expecting more overt humor at the start when the game is actually just really dorky and subtle about the humor at the start.

CR4qr4-UkAA43Fw.jpg

I know it gets more overtly funny when Edna joins the party because she practically becomes the life of the party and I'm excited, but I haven't had a dull moment yet and I'm so happy about that.

Anyways, gameplay-wise I was getting so little grade and it was taking me too long to finish battles so I went out into the field to practice fighting a bit and it helped a lot. I've finally figured out how to chain with Lailah and as a result everything has gotten a bit easier in battle.

Skills-wise...I've no idea what I am doing but I'm doing something and I hope it is right. I haven't fused my equipment, yet. I'm thinking of grinding it all to MAX before I decide to fuse but I'm not sure how the fusion system works in Zestiria yet to know if it really affects anything.

All I know is that I'm going to be really reluctant to change my gear later on unless I start getting some good stuff. :c

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

So what's the general consensus on this port anyways. I never picked it up because my ps2 version works just fine.

I never played the PS2 one so I cannot say what the differences are. I just didn't care much for the game itself. It's in no way a bad game, it's quite good. But it's not one I really found myself liking all that much or even getting emotionally invested in. Plus, I just wasn't a fan of the gameplay. If I love the story, the gameplay can be meh and I'll still play it. If I love the gameplay, the story can be meh and I'll still play it. But if both are not my cup of tea, I'm out.

So I'm about 5 hours in as well. It's been hard trying to squeeze in some playtime, but right now I'm heading to the Galahad Ruins to get some pure water. The thing that has struck me since the game started is the more subtle humor it has (I think I've said this before...). Other Tales games are very overt in their attempts at comedy and rely heavily on anime tropes. It is usually very funny, but over exaggerated. In Zestiria, there are still some of those tropes but the jokes feel more...natural. Like you run around talking to people in Elysia and read how they have been watching Alisha look at the village and then Alisha says "It's strange. I feel like I'm being watched" and Sorey then gives the Seraphim a stare while they look on with ridiculous faces.

This has probably been my favorite thing so far. I LOVE the humor so far. It's been very on point.

I didn't realize I ever needed a DLC costume so bad.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

So what's the general consensus on this port anyways. I never picked it up because my ps2 version works just fine.

Solid port but because of the controls it feels very awkward to play...like you need more buttons and space.

I didn't realize I ever needed a DLC costume so bad.

Give in. You will not regret it.

Kaneki

Solid port but because of the controls it feels very awkward to play...like you need more buttons and space.

Give in. You will not regret it.

This haha , it adds something nice to tales games honestly.

Soon enough (i'm hoping) we'll get the Rin and Yukio outfits for Sorey and Mikleo (From blue exorcist) it fits so well as well when you purify helions

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Soon enough (i'm hoping) we'll get the Rin and Yukio outfits for Sorey and Mikleo (From blue exorcist) it fits so well as well when you purify helions

Hopefully! Looks like they are rolling out the (very ugly) Rebuild of Evangelion costumes first, though. :c

2015011990628869.jpg

But ugh they look so perfect.

Also the school uniforms are perfect, too.

wwtmmdmtjigxqjg0qtt1.jpg

Kaneki

Hopefully! Looks like they are rolling out the (very ugly) Rebuild of Evangelion costumes first, though. :c

2015011990628869.jpg

But ugh they look so perfect.

Also the school uniforms are perfect, too.

wwtmmdmtjigxqjg0qtt1.jpg

Lets all be honest, Mikleo looks perfect in that Yukio costume , suits him perfectly haha.

That school dlc for Edna looks perfect.

I agree the Eva costumes are not all that....I probably won't use them seen as though I never really liked the plug suits or w.e they're called. I did like how Kaworu's looked though

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Lets all be honest, Mikleo looks perfect in that Yukio costume , suits him perfectly haha.

He really does haha

I agree the Eva costumes are not all that....I probably won't use them seen as though I never really liked the plug suits or w.e they're called. I did like how Kaworu's looked though

What sucks is that they don't even have Kaworu's plug suit in the DLC pack so it is all pointless. 8D

Kaneki

He really does haha

What sucks is that they don't even have Kaworu's plug suit in the DLC pack so it is all pointless. 8D
yep..I mean props to them for being able to lisence it and all but....sigh, i'll probably buy them anyways just to support them I always do buy even the ugly costume dlc every game , like a few of the sports ones for xillia1 were bad especially judes football one haha

Back