• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Supposing I Started A Tournament?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
There are still some logistical matters that I want to see to before I get it started. The earliest I can foresee me being able to start this is over the coming weekend, as I have an exam coming up in about four days that I really need to focus on. At the latest, I'll be getting it running by next week.

Smoofy

Dogs Eating Dogs
Awards
The Roleplay Section. I seldom venture out.
Just expanding on what DM was saying earlier...

What if after this singles tournament, we have a doubles tournament? If after this, people still have the drive to of course :p

Random match-ups would make it interesting too.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
Its like we're our own focus group or something. xD

Are we not just that? :p

Anyways on to the businessy sort of stuff. I'll be drawing, mostly, from the old Order Ranking tournament as far as logistics go.

The tournament will be what could be called "seeding style." There will be three rounds (assuming my math is correct), which will progressively split the roster into tiers formed by who has won and lost the previous losses. In other words, the final round will ultimately see the two who have no losses battling each other, and the two that have lost in every round battling each other. This is all for the sake of keeping everyone involved the whole way through.

Judges will be drawn from the tournament line-up (primarily) though I'll certainly be finding outside members, where possible, to help out. All judges will work in pairs to judge the battles to which they're assigned. As of now, I'm thinking judges will be responsible for deciding on the settings, terms, etc for each battle and one will start the battle thread for the match they're judging.

Any concerns, comments or questions?

Smoofy

Dogs Eating Dogs
Awards
As in doing a team tournament with teams being randomized? I like that. Though I don't think it'd be wise to do it back-to-back with this one.

Yeah, I suppose so. I'd guess to give it some time after this one is over and then when people are itching for a fight again, we could give that a shot to spice it up.

One thing about the set-up though...

In this tournament, you're saying some participants will be judges as well for some fights? I'm a little worried about that. Not that I'm completely distrusting everyone here, but it's possible that some people may be like "psst, vote for me, I vote for you" kinda thing, and that worries me a bit. Everything else seems good to me though.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I'm pretty sure people won't be like that. We're all friends here, or at least acquaintances. So, there will be none of that "vote for me" crap. Besides, that takes the fun out of plain ol' beating the shit out of your opponent's character(s). :3

Chromatic

Become
Awards
Indeed. The system has worked before. There's no reason for it to not work now. Everyone here seems to be, at the very least, competent in RPing, and I trust that no one would allow any friendships or otherwise to interfere with their judgement. Assuming everyone's still itching to go, I'll be making the match-ups shortly. I'm hoping that we can really get started with this thing this weekend.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
^Had to see to other commitments bro. I've got the match-ups set and listed for the first round. I suppose I might as well go make a new home base thread in the battles section.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
Ladies & gentlemen! I am pleased to announce that the round 1 match-ups have been determined. They've all been determined at random, as have the judges.

I'll be adding this, plus other information to the original post of this thread, which will, from this point on, serve as our home base, so to speak, for this tournament.

Chromatic vs. MESMAR_RISING | judged by King Kittan & Klom89

Smoofy vs. Professor Ven | judged by Sean & Lunarmaster54

DMrayZ vs. OmniChaos | judged by Chromatic & voiceofourgeneration

King Kittan vs. Ambrosia | judged by Megawallflower & LegendaryHeroLCB

sephiroth2 vs. Lunarmaster54 | judged by King Sora X & Smoofy

Klom89 vs. LegendaryHeroLCB | Judged by Professor Ven & OmniChaos

Megawallflower vs. voiceofourgeneration | judged by MESMAR_RISING & DMrayZ

Sean vs. King Sora X | judged by Ambrosia & sephiroth2

Smoofy

Dogs Eating Dogs
Awards
Oh man, I hope my beatdown via "exemplary prose" isn't as severe as I'm expecting it to be ;_;

Haha nah, it's all chill. So, how do we go about making these tournament related battle threads? Do one of the judges make the thread? Or a participant? Who gets to peak the location and all the logistics behind the fight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back