• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Super Smash Bros Ultimate | Everyone is Here! | December 7th 2018

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which is your favorite Smash Bros?

Votes: 44 11.3%
  • Melee

Votes: 115 29.5%
  • Brawl

Votes: 231 59.2%

• Total voters

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Nooo way! Crazy reveal, but damn it Nintendo show the move set ugh

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Half an hour before the game launches & Nintendo drops this on us.

[video=youtube;67xaZRZZ568]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67xaZRZZ568[/video]

Guess I need to start playing P5. Switch port when?
Excuse the meme but, never saw this coming.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Things worth note on the mechanical side of this game.

Useful Techs that are possible to do:
-L-canceling
-Wave-dashing
-Dashdrop (a way to literally slide onto the edge to edge guard)
-Power/Perfect Shielding

Now that've seen the air-dodge changes for myself, it's sort've odd, but if functions the same as melee. That variation of air-dodging allows for three of the above techniques.

Also, if you're grinding out character unlocks, i found this to be the fastest method.

Smash tab
Game settings:
-1stock
-infinite time
-CPU level 1/or 2P not moving

What you want to do is just run the map from left to right repeatedly and build distance. Your next challenger can be determined by the number of "steps in game" you take. So take like 20 mins or so and just run the map with a low CPU that won't really attack you or a 2nd controller if you got it. After that, kill the inactive player/CPU and you'll immediately get a challenge.

Important note: When you face a challenger, win/lose, you'll be on a timer of 10mins before you can fight the next one. Close the application/Game Client and restart it, then enter another 1stock game. This resets that 10 min wait period/cooldown. And the next game you don't even have to win, you can just die immediately and you should get your next challenge. Then repeat the process win or lose.

If you DO lose your challenger approaches match, a tab will become available in Game Options at the bottom right for a rematch.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Speaking of fast, someone discovered one weird trick to double your Switch's wi-fi speed.

Simply open your system settings > Internet > Internet Settings > Select the connection you are using > Change Settings > and then scroll down to MTU. Select this with the A button and change the number to 1500, which is the default for most networks in the world.
I tried it myself & holy crap, it really does work! So Nintendo basically had these things set-up wrong & no one even knew until now?

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Man, K Rool is really growing on me. His nuetral air is fucking gross. Like it's better than Marth's and easily wins over others attacks. Plus you can air dodge off stage and still recover! His recovery is really good.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
I'm just gonna leave this right here.

Just Dari
FC: SW-8366-0493-2512

Also, Inkling is broken af. Her dash alone can even get around all nearly all of the zoning tools in the game on top of being able to ramp up damage by inking opponents which is stupid easy to do. The ink grenade hits like a truck when you're covered, christ.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I really love all the new characters. I did pretty well in a "tournament" last night. Came in 2nd and 3rd. I won most of the practice matches we had though lol. It wasn't super competitive or anything, but I was still pretty happy.

This game is gorgeous also btw, it was just fun to watch.

Edit: Oh and I literally shrieked at 11:30 PM about Joker lol. I couldn't help myself, it came out of freaking nowhere.

Speaking of fast,
someone discovered one weird trick to double your Switch's wi-fi speed.

I tried it myself & holy crap, it really does work! So Nintendo basically had these things set-up wrong & no one even knew until now?

Hmmm, I will try that. I did have some lag just playing with my boyfriend who is an hour away. This is always one of the few games I have issues with. I mean sometimes any online game I have has issues, but its telling even other Switch games play perfectly fine for me lol.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Man, K Rool is really growing on me. His nuetral air is diddlying gross. Like it's better than Marth's and easily wins over others attacks. Plus you can air dodge off stage and still recover! His recovery is really good.

His Final Smash is really good, cracks me up too. I didn't think I'd like K Rool as much as I do, but this is a welcomed surprise.

Still sticking to my boy Cloud though.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Regardless, I’m not giving up hope for Sora! And just in case anyone feels doubtful, let’s all remember HMK’s video from back in May:

https://youtu.be/CV76QegRezE

(Sorry for the Times New Roman font, not sure why that just pooped up.)

I guess the fact they didn't even let them use some FFVII art as spirits makes me hesitate how moronically strict Square is with their IPs...even though Noctis was allowed to be in a bunch of stuff. And its not like Smash isn't disgustingly popular and proven time and again to be made well.

Maybe its just a FF specific thing though, that's the only hope I could see for Sora. That they would be more open if its another series. I guess there are 2 whole Super Mario RPG spirits lol (just like the number of FF songs in the whole game).

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm honestly expecting, if there ever is, for the second Square Enix rep to either be Crono (would be a very surprising pick), Sora, or Lightning.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I played for about 5 hours last night, holy hell this game is so well made.

Last edited:
Back