• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Super Smash Bros Ultimate | Everyone is Here! | December 7th 2018

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which is your favorite Smash Bros?

Votes: 44 11.3%
  • Melee

Votes: 115 29.5%
  • Brawl

Votes: 231 59.2%

• Total voters

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
So apparently Cloud isn't playable in the Adventure Mode, AT ALL. Doesn't appear in cutscenes, isn't an AI opponent, isn't unlocked as playable in that mode. The Midgar stage still only has the 2 non-remixed tracks from SSB4, only 4 spirits from Square consisting of 2 Clouds & 2 Super Mario RPG characters. No Assist Trophies. Chocobo & Geno themed Mii costumes are cut.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
So apparently Cloud isn't playable in the Adventure Mode, AT ALL. Doesn't appear in cutscenes, isn't an AI opponent, isn't unlocked as playable in that mode. The Midgar stage still only has the 2 non-remixed tracks from SSB4, only 4 spirits from Square consisting of 2 Clouds & 2 Super Mario RPG characters. No Assist Trophies. Chocobo & Geno themed Mii costumes are cut.

I knew about the music. At first I thought it was a lot of legal stuff, I guess it could still be, but this really does just come off like Square is being annoyingly stingy with their content. Dunno if this affects the fact that credible leakers are claiming we are still getting a second Square rep as DLC. It seems strange, but I guess if all they really want to include is playable characters for multi-player, I could still see it.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards

This is disappointing :/ I mean at least he's playable at all I suppose, but still. Was excited to have some Cloud and Snake and Link and Ike all mixing together in some story. Just sucks I don't get to see some story beats with Cloud and some of my other favorites together.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
This is disappointing :/ I mean at least he's playable at all I suppose, but still. Was excited to have some Cloud and Snake and Link and Ike all mixing together in some story. Just sucks I don't get to see some story beats with Cloud and some of my other favorites together.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Recon

Art of War
Awards
So I've been playing Ultimate (leaked) for a couple days now. All the new characters are super fun. Simon's chain is ridiculous. Like it's insane. Same with Isabelle's fishing rod grab. That shit is sooooo crazy. The graphics are amazing. Like I have a hard time imagining how it could get any better. I'm a little disappointed with Ridley. Not as meta as I was hoping but his dash grab is sooo cool. Ganon's moves are slower now...which is a bit disappointing. There are definitely things that need to be fixed like air dodging. The lag to dodge is pretty bad. Overall, I'm having a great time! There are definitely things to get used to if you've played lots of Smash 4.

Sdog

Awards
Uh oh. I know where Recon is goin this year.

naughtylist-862x453.jpg

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
So I've been playing Ultimate (leaked) for a couple days now. All the new characters are super fun. Simon's chain is ridiculous. Like it's insane. Same with Isabelle's fishing rod grab. That shit is sooooo crazy. The graphics are amazing. Like I have a hard time imagining how it could get any better. I'm a little disappointed with Ridley. Not as meta as I was hoping but his dash grab is sooo cool. Ganon's moves are slower now...which is a bit disappointing.

The new engine literally makes nearly all the sword characters really good.

There are definitely things that need to be fixed like air dodging.

Muahahahahahahaha, punish game for air dodging has brought back sharking full-swing. I'm alright with this change personally, encourages more second to second decision-making when the enemy has the low-ground. Same goes for edge-guarding actually being a thing again.

People are speculating pika and MK (basically reverting to his brawl notoriety in terms of good) being busted. They normalized Snake to the point he's just, ok, but thats it...just ok. Can't wait to see what the players at the top end of tourney's do with some speculated mid-tiers.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I went to BestBuy yesterday to pre-order Smash.

- We aren't taking pre-orders anymore.

The hype is real.

Other than that, he told me there should be extra copies that aren't pre-order reserved.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I'm going digital. This game will never leave my Switch.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
I'm going digital. This game will never leave my Switch.

One of the admins on this here (Eric) actually told me about 400g micro SD (SanDisk is the brand name) that was on sale week of black friday. When I got one I made the decision a decent amount of my games were going to be digital. Staring at Smash Ultimate and not being able to play it is really something tho.

Yo, where the switch codes at tho? Yall trying to set up any community brawls? FFAs? etc. Let me know :) way too many people have been active in this thread alone for this to go unchecked.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
So I've been playing Ultimate (leaked) for a couple days now. All the new characters are super fun. Simon's chain is ridiculous. Like it's insane. Same with Isabelle's fishing rod grab. That shit is sooooo crazy. The graphics are amazing. Like I have a hard time imagining how it could get any better. I'm a little disappointed with Ridley. Not as meta as I was hoping but his dash grab is sooo cool. Ganon's moves are slower now...which is a bit disappointing. There are definitely things that need to be fixed like air dodging. The lag to dodge is pretty bad. Overall, I'm having a great time! There are definitely things to get used to if you've played lots of Smash 4.

Oh boy lol, yeah I am worried it will take me a while to get acclimated. I was never hype for Ridley tbh so I guess that doesn't affect me lol. I am glad to hear about the Belmont's and Isabelle though. They and Inkling are the newcomers I want to play most. Well, and Dark Samus and Daisy too, but I already know how to play Samus and especially Peach so that probably won't be too hard.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
JOKER IS ON SMASH! I REPEAT, JOKER FROM PERSONA 5 IS THE FIRST DLC CHARACTER! MAYDAY, MAYDAY! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

Have my money, Nintndo!

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Half an hour before the game launches & Nintendo drops this on us.

[video=youtube;67xaZRZZ568]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67xaZRZZ568[/video]

Guess I need to start playing P5. Switch port when?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Half an hour before the game launches & Nintendo drops this on us.

[video=youtube;67xaZRZZ568]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67xaZRZZ568[/video]

Guess I need to start playing P5. Switch port when?

The Switch can handle it. Persona 5 is first and foremost a PS3 game, that prettier graphics on the PS4 version. That said, I wonder when they'll reveal his in game appearance, Stickers, and the rest.

Sdog

Awards
I was losing all forms of shit when this happened! New main inc. y'all!

Back