• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Style!!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

matrix8140

Fist of The North Star(Freedom)
Why exactly do people steal styles from other people?? You know why do copy cats...copy big stars. Too me its really stupid.

Also why does style matter when it comes to a person? When he dress a certain way it makes girls like him more or less or vice versa.

And what the hell is up with fads and trends?

Now Discuss D:

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Well, for fads, trends, etc; that's nothing special. It's peer pressure mixed with a general conformist attitude. Not much you can really do about it.

Personal styles are based on aesthetic preferences, not on its efficacy or efficiency.

Also, why do people copy others? Generally because if one person garners success someway, someone will mimic them in an attempt at the same thing.

afrobutt

Silver Member
i buy alot of expensive shirts from american eagle because it makes me look like barney (i don't know the actors name) from how i met your mother :lol:

Last edited:

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
As the others have stated. If one sees another getting popular all of the sudden by a drastic change of appearance, they will copy that for attention and popularity

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Would you believe there's a whole business to this idea; taking individual new trends and marketing the hell out of them?

It's called 'Cool Hunting', which is pretty much the worst job title ever.

Athaydea

Bronze Member
Would you believe there's a whole business to this idea; taking individual new trends and marketing the hell out of them?

It's called 'Cool Hunting', which is pretty much the worst job title ever.

lol how do you know that?

matrix8140

Fist of The North Star(Freedom)
>.> lol someone just said yesterday "everyone wheres them glasses". I had these when I was in the summer, before they even knew where to get em. D: I never was popular but yet they still take my glasses.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
i'm pretty sure that some people might copy others' styles because they like what the other person is wearing, not just because it's fashionable or trendy. i for one can say that all the girls at college wearing the exact same shit is really fucking boring.

XjXsOlJa

NHSrep
Its called if one person looks good in something, then chances are then the person that saw that outfit will probably look good in it too.
There.
Thats probably how the skinny jeans fad came in.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
Also why does style matter when it comes to a person? When he dress a certain way it makes girls like him more or less or vice versa.

It's because Sesame-Street morals like "it's only about the inner values" don't work in reality. People are influenced a lot by visual appearance, like with first impressions for example.

And what the hell is up with fads and trends?

In the end, everybody has their own reasons for following those. Either it's the peer pressure, that they've just taken a liking to a certain style/want to be just like someone else, or because they seek some change. It can be anything.

Also, clothing isn't all it takes to become popular, if that's what you're trying to get at with this thread.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
i buy alot of expensive shirts from american eagle because it makes me look like barney (i don't know the actors name) from how i met your mother

Neil Patrick Harris, and no it doesn't. He wears expensive suits not expensive American Eagle shirts.

Good show though.

Fashion isn't anything new, it's been around FOREVER. Stems from a want to be successful idea and also a general "I want to be accepted" mentality.

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
Anyone who thinks they don't want, and try, to be accepted by their peers is bullshitting themselves.

Last edited:

frisson

Silver Member
"Style" is limited, because there's a certain extent to how much you can differentiate from everyone else before you start looking stupid. People aren't copycats, they're just adopting the style they feel most comfortable in. When they don't, then it can be a problem, but not one worth ranting about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back