• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► Steven Universe

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
But you always see characters dying all the time so I can't help but take that with a grain of salt. Like Tinny pointed out Lapis kinda done had that sacrificial moment. This would be just boring retreading.

ehhh lapis holding jasper for eternity was a sacrifice but always temporary
We know its extremely difficult to kepp a fusion of bad chemistry

Can't belive were waiting 2mons

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Just started watching Steven Universe yesterday, and I am really liking it! I have only watched 4 episodes so far but I am enjoying the heck out of it. I`ll write more thoughts when I have watched more episodes.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Just watched episode 16 of season 1 and Pearl keeps being my fave character of the series. Also, so many nods to FFVII in that episode, holy heck.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
When is this show coming back? I know that there's supposed be some event going on this summer where they air episodes but there are some episodes "out" that haven't aired yet in the United States.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I wish this show was more consistent with its air dates. ;__;

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I wish this show was more consistent with its air dates. ;__;

[gravity falls peaks out from around a corner] hiya

i heard this show is good but i havent checked it out because the fanbase is so fucking toxic. calm down with your kids show.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

i heard this show is good but i havent checked it out because the fanbase is so diddlying toxic. calm down with your kids show.
I know nothing of the fans really... the show is actually really good so I will continue to try to be oblivious to them~

I gave it a couple of episodes and before I knew it I was binge watching the series.

Last edited:

Peace

Awards
I know nothing of the fans really... the show is actually really good so I will continue to try to be oblivious to them~

I gave it a couple of episodes and before I knew it I was binge wathing the series.

Dude, I was the exact same way.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Yeah me too! I heard stuff about the fans, but then kinda shrugged and started watching. Now I have watched 43 episodes of the first season(how long is a season?) and I am really liking it! It so awesome. The humor is great, but at the same time it can be very serious and creepy.

EDIT:

Gah, just watched episode 46 The Message and I have to stop watching for today. What the heck is gonna happen!? o_O

Last edited:

Relix

A traveler
Awards
This fanbase is one of the worst I've ever seen to be completely honest. I want to tell myself that there a trolls among the mix to make them look worse than they actually are but I've seen some posts from very serious people and it's pretty bad. Gotta love the show tho. So we're getting new episodes every weekday for like a couple of months I hear. That is a lot of SU.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

i heard this show is good but i havent checked it out because the fanbase is so diddlying toxic. calm down with your kids show.

This show does have one of the worst fanbases out there. It's entertaining though. It's at the very least worth the watch whenever you're bored.

...But at the same time, I really can't lie, the show has been pissing me off so much lately... not just because of it's inconsistent air dates, but because I'm tired of half of the show being complete filler. And when the show finally does start building up and future events get a lot of build-up and hype, then the conclusion is a massive let-down. I'm looking at you, Cluster...

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
SU has no "filler". Town episodes introduce new characters and plot threads that come back later... People are so wrapped up in the gem side of the show, they forget our protagonist is half human. We have to see the people of Earth that the Crystal Gems protect, otherwise, why should we care?

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
SU has no "filler".

BAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Oh man, that is funny!

......Oh, wait... you're serious? Man, Steven Universe is full of filler. And I'm not even just talking about episodes about humans, episodes revolved around the Crystal Gems are just as filler-esq.

Remember that episode where the mailman had a crush on Garnet? Yeah, that sure advanced the plot a lot. Or how about the episode where Steven wants to buy a donut and the only thing that really happens in the episode is he learns he could fly? (which that power should have just been introduced in an episode that actually held real weight to the story) Or what about the episode where the Crystal Gems decide to play baseball with a bunch of Ruby's only to then have the Ruby's leave with no real consequence to the story? Or the episode where Steven tells Garnet what he thinks she does everyday? And these are just what I can think of at the top of my head.

These episodes aren't "world building" at all and they serve no relevance to the plot. Which normally, I wouldn't mind so much except for how poorly paced the show is. Moments that should be intense and get you excited for the next episode don't have the impact they should because literally the next episode could be about something as silly as Steven wants to buy some fry-bits, but can't.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Those lighter moments aren't really filler though. That's just part of the appeal of the show. I could see if the series had started out about the main plot concerning the gems and these lighter episodes suddenly sprang up (think Naruto), but this was always the show. The first episode's about Steven eating his favorite ice cream. Maybe the pace isn't for you, but incorrectly labeling the show as being full of filler is silly. You knew what this was if you were paying attention. No one complains when Adventure Time gives us an episode about Jake pretending to be a brick in a house for a day.

Launchpad

Awards
BAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Oh man, that is funny!

......Oh, wait... you're serious?

This is the shittiest way to get your opinion across. It's a character driven show. Sorry that it isn't a constant exposition dump. How awful.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Hmm, while there are episodes that do not focus on the Crystal Gems or the bigger picture, I have not felt that they are filler. Like Launchpad says, I think we would not care about the towns folk if we would not see or learn about them time to time.

Launchpad

Awards
Hmm, while there are episodes that do not focus on the Crystal Gems or the bigger picture, I have not felt that they are filler. Like Launchpad says, I think we would not care about the towns folk if we would not see or learn about them time to time.

The Townspeople have mini arcs as individuals. The Fryman family is a bit lacking, but everyone else makes pretty solid appearances. Jamie's theater stuff is interesting to me...

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Really looking forward to the batch of new episodes. Especially "Mr. Greg" which could potentially be a Greg and Pearl bonding episode

Back