• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix to hold a special E3 conference

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
FFXV will be present, albeit in a short trailer.

Even then, I didn't expect the conference to only be full of FFXV. Hell, I thnk we'll see KH3 but not as much to make it one of the main topics, perhaps just a new trailer, or new clothing, or a few worlds revealed (as well with another HD remaster coming).

I fully believe their going to be making a lot of announcements on sequels to familiar IPs. Star Ocean is definitely a given, considering 5 is coming out, Bravely Default will no doubt be shown off, etc. But I'm betting there will be a number of surprises, such as FFX-3 (which should surprise no one actually).

Also hoping for a FFXII HD Remaster to be announced, but I cannot see a conference focusing that much on an HD Remaster either.

Hell, I'm even willing to bet (hope, actually) that SE might even have a new IP to show off.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Brings back memories:

[video=youtube;VRvnJf4xxBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRvnJf4xxBE[/video]

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
If there is a PC version of KH3, I'm going to squee; I got a decent pc that runs XIV fairly well. It should be able to handle KH3, and that will also save me some money. ^^

Had it built when my gran was still alive as a budget gaming pc since my old thing was on its last legs and I couldn't play modern games on it. Heck, it even hated Steam..

But we'll see next month. ^^

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Likely a mix of both.

Nomura has been working on numerous projects inside and outside of Square Enix, and plenty of it hasn't been Kingdom Hearts.

Please let it be a Kingdom Hearts version of the FF: Theatrhythm games. I would love to play Shimomura`s beautiful music with my 3DS.

Brings back memories:

This is the first time I have seen this. Nomura looks quite different and... le gasp, Walt is still alive!? :D (sarcasm)

notnow123487

Awards
Usually when publishers have their own conference, one game is the star of the show and gets big reveals. If it isn't going to be FFXV (which it seems like it won't be with the gamescom info, what else could it be besides KH3. I think it's possible they're ready to blow their load on the game with a real full reveal. I don't see any other game they have other than Deus Ex or an unannounced title. It's probably just as likely it could be an unannounced title, but I think KH3 is the only announced title that would fit this spot for square enixs own conference.

100% way overly optimistic predictions:
E3 - Story trailer and art reveals (clothes, a couple world designs, etc.)
D23 - Gameplay blowout with holiday 2016 release date announced (that is if FFXV doesn't have holiday 2016 already lol)

Eliskor

What I want: Dragon Quest VII, Dream Drop Distance HD, Final Fantasy XII HD, Final Fantasy XV, and Kingdom Hearts III. Those would make the show for me.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
What I want: Dragon Quest VII, Dream Drop Distance HD, Final Fantasy XII HD, Final Fantasy XV, and Kingdom Hearts III. Those would make the show for me.

Well, we are getting a FFXV teaser trailer so there won't be any disappointment on that front!

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Well, we are getting a FFXV teaser trailer so there won't be any disappointment on that front!
we might get teaser but that it since ffxv wont be there so the only big thing is show a kh3 traier of some sort with the big stuff coming at d23 2015

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
What? There is no "might" about it. FFXV will be at E3 but with a limited presence. A short trailer and then FFXV full game promotion begins at Gamescom.
okay it proablly be someting little though with the big stuff at gamescom but i think we going to get a kh3 trailer of some sort with the big stuff at d23 in japan

notnow123487

Awards
Updated 100% way overly optimistic and bold predictions

E3 2015
  • Story trailer and art reveals (clothes, a couple world designs, etc.)
  • Mobile Chi announced with a Fall release date

D23
  • Gameplay blowout w/ playable demo
  • Utada announcement
  • PS4 Ports with DDD remix and KH3 Demo annouced for Q2 2016

KH3 Demo
  • Will act as a prelude in the same vein as Twilight Town and Roxas in KH2
  • Will take place in the past with Master Xehanort and Eraqus, play as one of the two
  • E3 2014 Trailer will be the opening scene
  • Purpose will be to shed light on the history of kingdom hearts and what it's actually suppose to be
  • This will allow consumers that haven't followed since KH2 a year in advance notice that it's not just a continuations of KH2
  • Demo will end with a brief story spoiler scene that ends with Spring 2017 release date

Other than what the demo would actually be, I don't think this is a far fetched timeline at all. Gives them about four and a half years of development and keeps the fans in the loop about the game every several months without a year long dry spell starting just next month.

Xelon99

Awards
I'm expecting a new, definite KH3 trailer. But more FFXV and Deus Ex related things during this E3. Maybe a showcase on the Unreal 4 Engine, what they can do with it? I mean, that could be interesting for other companies, to know what they can do with it? D23 seems to me to be of more importance for the KH things

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
We're getting FFXV at e3 so that's cool, idgaf about III because that's years out whichever way you slice it and its slated to pop up at d23 this year. I just really want a DDD HD to be announced here, I hate holding my breath for a game we may not even get. I'm hyped for that more than chi. I mean, its got story behind it but the gameplay doesn't look like anything great and unless it gets the re:coded treatment, I'd rather have it integrated into III somehow.

and tbh I expect games like tomb raider to get the most exposure however at the same time I see that being at the Microsoft show floor.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Well in the Active Time Report Akio Ofuji, the Manager of the Marketing Division said that FFXV will be at E3 with a small trailer, like Master Spockanort said. Here is Ofujis comment from the ATR:https://youtu.be/bqPFqMOqJDc?t=4799
The next major reveal will be at Gamescon thou.

Oh I didn't see that. I remember reading from ign that they were planning skipping E3 all-together. That's awesome.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh I didn't see that. I remember reading from ign that they were planning skipping E3 all-together. That's awesome.

Do not trust IGN when it comes to FF or KH news. These are the same guys who said KH3 has been in development since BBS was completed when we know that to have not been true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back