• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix to hold a special E3 conference

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I wouldn't rule that out just yet. It just means their appearance probably won't be very long.

I mean, doesn't Ubisoft have a conference every year and still find a way to stick Assassin's Creed into a Sony Conference for like 5 hours?
true this e3 might be exting more then ever

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I'm not overly convinced that there'll be too much KH info. FFXV is much closer to being released, so I feel the exciting news will be a release date for that, maybe some collector's edition info, or something.

if there having their own conference at least we know they wont show up at the sony or microsoft press confernces at least

Precisely. They probably couldn't fit Square into their own conferences and/or had other things to show, so Square is holding their own.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
all i want is more kh3 info or news plus the phone app for kingdom hearts to wet my appite until d23 in japan stuff also can we finally get a release date for final fantasy xv so the team can go to the other team and focus on kingdom hearts 3

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Kingdom Hearts III news would be really awesome. Being optimistic I think we might get a short teaser(gameplay or story, I will take anything), and then an interview from Nomura, the same way like in E3 2013. I really hope they would show something big, but I have a feeling that they will save it for the D23 event. How knows, maybe Square ends up surprising us?

Wish List:

- "New 7 Days" OF TWEWY2
- Kingdom Hearts 3 news. They said 2015. It's 2015. November might as well be next year for how far away it is. Just a tease. A 1 minute teaser. Anything...
-FFXII HD
- Kingdom Hearts HD Complete Collection for PS4/XB1 featuring KH3D FM + a new unlockable scene in KH3D to tease KH3
- A Final Fantasy XV trailer that is 3-4 minutes long that is as far away from Duscae as possible. And includes Stella. And a release date.
- Hiroyuki Ito rises from the ashes
- Not FFX-3
- Bravely Second localization
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided release date
- Pretty much anything as long as it is fantastic and is not years out from being released
- Essentially, do not be 2006

Stella were are thou?!
14b6jph.jpg

I think KHIII and Stella`s return are my most waited things from this years E3. I know there are pretty wild theories going around in the internet, but luckily I have managed to avoid all of them.
Also some gameplay footage from the Deus Ex would be cool. DDD HD and FFXII HD would also be very welcomed.
Have we seen any gameplay from Rise of The Tomb Raider? All thou I don`t have the necessary devices to play(and I won`t be getting XBOX1), it would still be nice to see some footage form it. I am really fascinated to see how big those hub areas really are.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
all i want is more kh3 info or news plus the phone app for kingdom hearts to wet my appite until d23 in japan stuff also can we finally get a release date for final fantasy xv so the team can go to the other team and focus on kingdom hearts 3

Huh?

Final Fantasy XV is being made by Type-0's staff and their expected next project is Type-Next. What may even be left of the former Kingdom Hearts team way back when hasn't been a part of the Kingdom Hearts staff for years, and plenty of original staff have either left Square Enix altogether or have already been working with Osaka for years.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Huh?

Final Fantasy XV is being made by Type-0's staff and their expected next project is Type-Next. What may even be left of the former Kingdom Hearts team way back when hasn't been a part of the Kingdom Hearts staff for years, and plenty of original staff have either left Square Enix altogether or have already been working with Osaka for years.
really okay never mind i still want to kingdom hearts news regarless it kingdom hearts 3 or not like the kingdom hearts app for phones theyv said they going reveal shorly hopefully in kingdom hearts chi that will hold me until d23 in japan this year

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
kh3 co op announcement
just cause 3 co op announcement
basically, there is no game that cannot be made better without the addition of co op

WaveK89

Other than its main projects, I feel like Square has a lot of works to show. Regardless, this will generate more interest in the company and their games. I've preordered my tickets for the hype train. :)

Just two months to go.

Rael_Oblivion

Wish List:

- "New 7 Days" OF TWEWY2
- FFXII HD
- Kingdom Hearts HD Complete Collection for PS4/XB1 featuring KH3D FM + a new unlockable scene in KH3D to tease KH3

- Not FFX-3
If we get just one of these four, I would be ecstatic. Especially the complete KH collection, but that's because I want justification for skipping over the PS3. XII HD or not FF X-3 seems most likely to me, though.

kinxsonic

I dont think they will show us a new trailer for KH:III, They'll just show us the trailer from the 2.5 Launch event:frown:
[video]https://youtu.be/COhm49mTluQ?t=3m27s[/video]

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I dont think they will show us a new trailer for KH:III, They'll just show us the trailer from the 2.5 Launch event:frown:
[video]https://youtu.be/COhm49mTluQ?t=3m27s[/video]
why would they do that it makes no sense at all to do it

Sdog

Awards
This E3 is becoming more and more interesting with each day, can't wait.

Wish list:

-Kh 3 Tease
-Kh 1.5,2.5, and DDDfm hd on ps4 releasing this holiday
-FFXV trailer with release date
-FFX-3 (yup, I'm one of them, sue me.
-Bravely Second
-New Dissidia in some capacity, though unlikely

BEASTENDER

Square CONFIRMED that there is a lot coming to PS4 in 2015, including titles that haven't even been announced yet.

Square Enix teases unannounced PS4 titles coming out this year - Gematsu

This is definitely the place to do it. Also, don't even convince yourselves that KH3 won't show at E3 (Be it there conference or Sony/Microsoft), because it 100% will without question or doubt. Even if they just flash the logo for a few seconds lol Square even commented on how they could now focus on another big title since XV has finally been announced and the demo is out.

I really want TWEWY2 and for a proper Sleeping Dogs sequel to be announced. I thought there was one in the works all this time but the game labeled Triad Wars (Which takes place in the same universe and engine) is in no way a sequel, and is online only :/

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
This is exciting. Should be a much more SE info heavy E3 this year. They could be announcing/showing off anything though. My prediction is a large focus on FFXV, with some sort of season + year confirmation on a release date like Fall 2016 or whatever but no actual exact date. KH should appear in some way, either more KH3 news or some news on that mobile game or a localization of Chi or 1.5/2.5 on PS4/XB1. Maybe some Bravely Second news (tho that might be in Nintendo's event instead).

Now, just because I want a lot even tho I have no faith, here's my wishlist:
-FFXV announced for a late 2015 or early 2016 release. Exact release date.
-KH3 given a release window, Winter 2016. First long trailer shown that announces a Disney world and some of the original story. A good minute or two of gameplay is seen, showing off the visuals and new abilities and combat.
-FFXV and KH3 are both promised to release on PC, even if not alongside their console versions.
-1.5 and 2.5 announced as one mega collection for PS4/XB1. Called something like KINGDOM HEARTS I.5 & II.5 HD ReMix+, it will also include 3D and be released in Winter 2015. KH1, KH2, Re:CoM (with Days cutscenes), BBS (with Re:coded cutscenes), and 3D announced for ports to PC in Q1 2016, each will available separately ($15.99) or as a Kingdom Hearts Franchise Pack (59.99) on Steam. 3D's theater mode has a new 7 to 10 minute cutscene when you beat the game: A prerendered video with lots of action like Another Side/Another Story and Birth by Sleep.
-KH[X]chi available on PC in NA and EU before the end of 2015. Maybe also on Android and iOS.
-TWEWY2 coming to 3DS and mobile phones in 2016

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I'll eat my hat if 1.5/2.5 are really going to be announced for the current-gen consoles, I still don't see how this will be even remotely possible besides streaming them.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I'll eat my hat if 1.5/2.5 are really going to be announced for the current-gen consoles, I still don't see how this will be even remotely possible besides streaming.

So many titles have already been Remastered and ported to current-gen, especially ones with a sequel/potential sequel, that it makes sense. SE already ported both Tomb Raider and FFXHD over to current gen. It makes sense to do the same for KH, especially in the case of the Xbone since KH3 really shouldn't be the first title on it.

Plus, it would be an easy way to throw in a DDD Remaster without having to do it as a solo game, as well as get the games into the hands of those who didn't own a PS3 and never plan to, as well as to bring in new fans.

Out of all the things SE could Remaster for the PS4/Xbone, this one makes the most sense, logically and financial decision-wise.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
So many titles have already been Remastered and ported to current-gen, especially ones with a sequel/potential sequel, that it makes sense. SE already ported both Tomb Raider and FFXHD over to current gen. It makes sense to do the same for KH, especially in the case of the Xbone since KH3 really shouldn't be the first title on it.
It'd make sense from the gamers' perspective, I don't deny that, but comparing Tomb Raider and FFXHD with the ReMIXes just doesn't work. SE took the easy way out when they developed them, bringing them on new platforms will requiere more work than what was done for the ReMIXEs in the first place. FFXHD and Tomb Raider are a completely different matter, it's really like comparing apples and oranges at this point.

Plus, it would be an easy way to throw in a DDD Remaster without having to do it as a solo game, as well as get the games into the hands of those who didn't own a PS3 and never plan to, as well as to bring in new fans.
I don't think that's the easy way out, in my opinion it could work when it's handled like Type-0. Bundle DDD with a Kingdom Hearts III demo and some [chi] cutscenes and everything's fine.

Out of all the things SE could Remaster for the PS4/Xbone, this one makes the most sense, logically and financial decision-wise.
If it would make sense financial decision-wise then we would have seen the ReMIXes on more platforms to begin with.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
It'd make sense from the gamers' perspective, I don't deny that, but comparing Tomb Raider and FFXHD with the ReMIXes just doesn't work. SE took the easy way out when they developed them, bringing them on new platforms will requiere more work than what was done for the ReMIXEs in the first place. FFXHD and Tomb Raider are a completely different matter, it's really like comparing apples and oranges at this point.

I can understand saying Tomb Raider and KH are different. Tomb Raider, while being last gen, still fits in pretty nicely with current gen and the like. But saying FFXHD is different? They were both Remasters on the same console, and FFXHD, outside of possibly getting a sequel, had no real reason to be ported to the PS4, whereas the KH ReMIXes do belong on PS4 and Xbone.

Now, I do agree with them needing more work in that all the glitches 1.5 had (which were pretty minimal) and 2.5 had (which were quite a few) need to be fixed, as well as any other potential glitches from going up a gen (as well as fixing DDD's glitches).

But even so, I still don't understand how you can say FFXHD and the ReMIXes are that different from each other as a point of why it wouldn't work... because honestly, I don't understand why it wouldn't work.

I don't think that's the easy way out, in my opinion it could work when it's handled like Type-0. Bundle DDD with a Kingdom Hearts III demo and some [chi] cutscenes and everything's fine.

Except KH3 probably isn't at a point where they could put a demo for it like that. And even if they did, then DDD would still be going to PS4 and be the only other KH game on there outside of KH3, which would make SE and Nomura's whole point of "bringing all the games back to one console" not a thing.

I like the idea of doing that, sure, but do I think that is more likely at this point? Not really, especially since chi may very well be the "smartphone" developments the KH series is undergoing.

If it would make sense financial decision-wise then we would have seen the ReMIXes on more platforms to begin with.

Which is why I am suggesting the incredible likelihood of the Remasters showing up on PS4 and Xbone. Because allowing the ReMIXes to be on both of the consoles would make more money.

The ReMIXes went to PS3 first because one, KH skipped a console gen, and two, because the developers/porters only had to worry about porting PS titles to a PS console, something they were familiar with regarding KH. None of the previous KH games had been developed on a Microsoft console nor a Nintendo console, so it made sense for it to be only a PS3 first. The whole reason it wasn't multiplatform was probably because the developers weren't comfortable with developing the HD Remasters for non-Sony consoles.

DoctahFaz

Awards
Between Kingdom Hearts 3, any other KH game, and Just Cause 3, this is very exciting to hear!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back