• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[Spoilers] Jump Festa 2012 Coverage! (Trailer Downloads in First Post!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Re: [Spoilers] Jump Festa 2012 Coverage!

It seems like a good tenth anniversary game. It comes out the month kh1 came out in japan.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

There is no Data!Kairi though, so she won't be there.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

could data being like journal riku appere in the real world or the sleep world? I hope not that make this game even more complicated then it needs to be

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

I think there are too many clones in the game as is, so the idea of having data characters become part of the larger story is a bit unsettling.
On the other hand, maybe we could finally see data!Kairi, thus proving Kairi isn't a totally irrelevant character once and for all!
Until the next game, where she'll be duly underutilized again.

It would probably only be for this game, if even that. I don't see them being extended in the story much outside of the Realm of Sleep.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It would probably only be for this game, if even that. I don't see them being extended in the story much outside of the Realm of Sleep.
Though parts of the game take place outside of the Realm of Sleep.

Maleficent and Pete are confronted by Mickey and co. then suddenly Axel appears.
Is Sora not there because if he was they'd say "Sora and Co." right?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Here is an example for further clarification:

Compare quality.

Not in every case. For example, the individual endings for BBS, as well as Blank Points are all pre-rendered cutscenes. Mirby's got a better explanation:

Also, pre-rendered means that it's a video that was rendered and loaded before everything else was loaded up. Meaning the programmers were able to take much more power from the system's graphics than during normal gameplay to create the excellent graphics we see in pre-rendered cutscenes.

But pre-rendered =/= CG.

Lonbilly

Awards

could data being like journal riku appere in the real world or the sleep world? I hope not that make this game even more complicated then it needs to be

Not really. It would make sense since we're focusing on uncovering Ansem's Data throughout the game.

Though parts of the game take place outside of the Realm of Sleep.

There goes all my hopes then ;-;

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

This is what I'm a bit worried about. I was hoping for a giant mash-up of characters and timelines and plots from all of the games thus far, culminating in a positioning of all the characters for the big finale in KH3. Plus, I just really want to see Xion again.

Good news for you then, Xion is one of the characters I'm more confident will appear, being for this reason. It is almost pointless to put Xion in the opening for sake of catching people up as of right now she isn't that important to the story that she has to be included to understand DDD. For this reason, I have a feeling she will make an appearance to justify her being in the opening, that way, people who haven't played Days will know who she is.

Not in every case. For example, the individual endings for BBS, as well as Blank Points are all pre-rendered cutscenes.

Really? I was unaware...good to know.

MizuMikomi

Awards

Hooray, I started something :3
Actually, before all the Repliku talk started up; and before I joined, I had thought about the possibility. But I shrugged it off.

I tend to do that when i think I might say something stupid or misinformed. I also don't want Repliku back, since Nomura would have to pull one heck of a reason out of his... a--- hat, to explain that.

Either way, you stated it first, so all credit for 'starting it' should rightfully be yours ~

Lonbilly

Awards

Good news for you then, Xion is one of the characters I'm more confident will appear, being for this reason. It is almost pointless to put Xion in the opening for sake of catching people up as of right now she isn't that important to the story that she has to be included to understand DDD. For this reason, I have a feeling she will make an appearance to justify her being in the opening, that way, people who haven't played Days will know who she is.

YES.

I'm really hoping that RAX, in some shape or form, help take part in the Final Battle of 3D.

micbeasty

<< don't know if you guys saw but I posted more info from her, on page 82 :3

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~

So, basically everything I said. But um:

It's Vanitas since he's trying to bonk with Sora.

I would say the same thing as you Chaser if Sora hadn't say "You!" after the man appeared. That "you" tells me that Sora knows him, that it's a person he met before unless of course the scene takes place after he already met with Vanitas.

In any case unless we see the trailer we can't be sure 100% and you might be right that it's Vanitas. Hell anyone can be right at this point.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!

Actually, before all the Repliku talk started up; and before I joined, I had thought about the possibility. But I shrugged it off.

I tend to do that when i think I might say something stupid or misinformed. I also don't want Repliku back, since Nomura would have to pull one heck of a reason out of his... a--- hat, to explain that.

Either way, you stated it first, so all credit for 'starting it' should rightfully be yours ~
Uh no. He's dead and winds up in the Realm of Sleep since death=slumber in KH. But I'm just one of the people who think it's Riku Replica so feel free to ignore me.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

There is no Data!Kairi though, so she won't be there.
There isn't?

I probably wouldn't mind that too much. I'm just not sure it makes sense for any of the data characters to appear outside of the journal.
Then again, anything could be made to make sense in the RoS, I'm sure. In fact, I'd really love to see this game play hard and fast with the established rules and precedents of the series.
Anyway, I'm not one to hate. Here's hoping you get your wish.

Lonbilly

Awards

Uh no. He's dead and winds up in the Realm of Sleep since sleep=slumber in KH. But I'm just one of the people who think it's Riku Replica so feel free to ignore me.

Crazy Mario, you're selling yourself short. It could happen.

Though, personally, I don't want it to. Then we'd save him probably, and we don't need the clones in the real world. I'd like to see the Data's, but only in the RoS/Data worlds.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!

Crazy Mario, you're selling yourself short. It could happen.

Though, personally, I don't want it to. Then we'd save him probably, and we don't need the clones in the real world. I'd like to see the Data's, but only in the RoS/Data worlds.
When did I ever say Data Riku can't happen? I was saying I'm more in support of it being Riku Replica, that's all. I'm open to the idea of data characters appearing, but I'm hesitant since that's just a different boat altogether.

Lonbilly

Awards

When did I ever say Data Riku can't happen? I was saying I'm more in support of it being Riku Replica, that's all. I'm open to the idea of data characters appearing, but I'm hesitant since that's just a different boat altogether.

Oh, I meant selling yourself short on the fact it could be Repliku. The data thing was an entirely different matter I felt like bringing up (again).

MizuMikomi

Awards

Uh no. He's dead and winds up in the Realm of Sleep since death=slumber in KH. But I'm just one of the people who think it's Riku Replica so feel free to ignore me.
Personally, I just don't want it to happen.
I won't ignore people who say it might be otherwise, but I just don't want it to be Repliku. I think there'd have to be a bit more explaining to do rather than with Data Riku, where he could just be a part of AtW's data hidden within Sora's heart.

The game is enough of a mindscrew as is, I think throwing Repliku in would make that fact even more apparent. Honestly though, deep down I just really hope it's Data Riku, just because it makes the most sense to me. =/

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Okay guys, JF is officially over. Get out of here. j/k. Expect a lot of new info now that people will be going home to make updates of what they saw!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back