• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[SPOILER] KH2.8 discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Werkdaddy

Awards
We may not know any specifics on how Keyblades are created, but the implications that they can simply be created/pulled from within a heart are steadily getting more ground with the latest developments.
Worlds have hearts too so the KKD being created/pulled from DI's heart is certainly possible.

There is actually only one Keyblade that isn't "man-made" to some degree and that is the original thing and model for all the others, the X-blade (as in Chi-Blade).

And every RoL-Keyblade having an exact counterpart in the RoD is problematic exactly how?
I don't recall it ever being officially stated in-universe or in meta-material that there exists only one Keyblade that has a counterpart in the RoD.
In order to close the Door to Darkness the only important thing is that a matching pair is used.

In general there isn't a problem with there being mulitple keyblades in the RoD, in fact Nomura said the only difference between keyblade from the two realms is there point of origin. But if this is the case then Mickey would have found one a lot easier, heck Aqua would have stumbled upon a few in her whole time in the Rod. It would be cool to see a Keyblade Graveyard in the Rod as a counterpart though.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Finally played it today, I overall liked it a lot, the combat was fun and even the command style I hated in BBS worked well here. But I gotta say, did not like that final boss one bit. All the other bosses were fun, I loved them, but then that final one was just... eh. Dodge dodge spam magic or shotlock let Mickey do his thing, dodge more. It wasn't even that it was hard, just annoying and took way too long and wasn't fun. Disappointing. And yeeeah the way they explained everything and tried to fill the blanks, felt awkward for me. And Aqua acted a bit weird, would have thought meeting Terra all of a sudden after 10 years would have gotten a bigger reaction out of her but. Hm. Honestly after DDD ending I wasn't expecting the plot to be amazing so yeah. It didn't ruin it for me.

Looking forward to playing again tomorrow, all in all I liked it a lot and had fun playing it. Might even jump up to my third fave, we'll see how DDD does in HD first.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I'm just pretty much underwhelmed by everything from the final boss on. It's not like I'm entirely pissed, but again we have so much potential here that wasn't used. Like Riku runming past Aqua and Mickey and seriously not noticing anything that happens around him? Or the thing with the KKD just lying there like HAH. The game is like 3 hours, couldn't they have done more at least with these points? I was also highly disappointed they didnt remake the short memory scenes of BBS Aqua had in Castle Town. It's not like they didn't have Ven and Terra models anyways.
Sure maybe that sounds like asking a lot for some 3 second backflashes, but I paid 60 bucks for half a movie, a remaster and an episode that was not only short but also not that thrilling or even helpful to the plot or anything.
I actually kind of liked that they didn't remake the flashback scenes. It had a sort of "look how far we've come (visually)" feel.

Also, i posted this in the other thread because i had brought up my issues with the story there, but it probably belongs in here more.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
This is actually taken here from the other thread:

I mean, we were totally led to believe that at the very least BC would reveal who the traitor is.

NOMURA: As for the traitor, that is the keyword which the plot of KHχBC revolves around, so I think this too will be revealed in KHχBC.

I see where you come from, yet I do also understand why Back Cover ultimatively did not go the whole way.
If one of the five Foretellers would be revealed to be the definitive single traitor while Unchained X is still in service, how do you think this would affect players in his/her attached union and the dynamic of the whole game?
Browser-Chi's finale already made it a point that no one found out who the traitor is before everything was already too late to salvage.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I actually kind of liked that they didn't remake the flashback scenes. It had a sort of "look how far we've come (visually)" feel.

I thought so, too, in the beginning. In the end though it appeared to me that that could've been just a small thing to make me like the game just a bit better. The scenes themselves aren't too thrilling though anyways since they're supposed to make you look back and remember and feel sorry for Aqua but how if BBS was empty of emotion honestly?

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Mostly agreed on all of this. Sometimes this forced "we need to tie everything together and explain / add stuff that no one wants or needs and that just downright takes the magic of already existing content" gets quite annoying and 0.2 was basically a fest filled with it.

As for the last part: I get how they're trying to set a tone and a "theme" for what's coming up and I'm sure this "may your heart be your guiding key" links to the "key to return hearts" stuff somehow, but throwing it in our faces like ALL THE TIME in about 5 hours in a series that never mentioned this sentence anywhere for 15 years is too much to bear. When Goofy joined in on that, I lost it. It was just cringeworthy.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards

Also, i posted this in the other thread because i had brought up my issues with the story there, but it probably belongs in here more.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

That was truly an interesting read and I agree with most of it. ;D

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer

I'm so happy that Sora has another chance to gain the master title. I never thought he would have another opportunity to become one and now we know it might happen once he gets his KH3 outfit after Olympus

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
In the same game where Blank Points was even added, we see Aqua come across Castle of Dreams in the darkness in the first place.
Technically Blank Points came out before the Secret Episode (The Secret Episode, where Aqua comes across CoD was added in the Final Mix).

Anyway, I'm not really looking to debate any of this. I do find that 0.2 undercuts Blank Points. If you don't, well, I'm happy for you.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm so relieved they didn't share block the story section of the menu. I love my new desktop background

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I didn't really want to make a thread for this, since it's kind of just an off the cuff idea, but I'm thinking that the MoM is going to be revealed as the traitor.

"the traitor bears the sigil"

I think that MoM, when he takes off his hood, is going to have a giant X-shaped scar from where he took out his eye, and this is going to be the sigil.

Anyway, that's just my thought right now lol

towerofpowerx

Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer

Ok, after sifting through these posts, there are a few theories I'd like to throw out that might not have been mentioned. Here's the first:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Ok, after sifting through these posts, there are a few theories I'd like to throw out that might not have been mentioned. Here's the first:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I commend these theories for being very well thought out, however there is one fact you forgot to mention in them.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

towerofpowerx

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer
you know, given the similarities between the MoM and Braig(missing eye, jovial and light hearted nature) I'm starting to think that Braig might want the master's eye for himself if he happens to have found out about its power from Xehanort.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Yeah, this sounds pretty plausible as to how they're formed. Especially in cases like Lea and Riku where they're formed around concepts unique to the individual, I'm pretty sure this is EXACTLY how one is created.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer

On the topic of the traitor...
Spoiler Spoiler Show

towerofpowerx

Yeah, this sounds pretty plausible as to how they're formed. Especially in cases like Lea and Riku where they're formed around concepts unique to the individual, I'm pretty sure this is EXACTLY how one is created.

I know, right? :smile: This idea of Keyblade creation would still hold water even with the weirder Keyblades that have appeared. Let's take a stab:

The Keyblade formed from the Princess's hearts in KH1. Like many things from KH1, it's hard to reconcile certain ideas and concepts with the general mythos that has evolved over the years, specifically because it was the first game and lots of things had yet to be clearly defined by Nomura, even to himself. But, even after fusing with Riku, Ansem SoD still could not summon a Keyblade, for whatever reason. He had to use the hearts of the six princesses to accomplish this. The princesses hearts, essentially, became a "proxy". A means to short-cut a way to summon a real Keyblade. Or at least, the formless energy equivalent. Afterwards, the princesses hearts joined with the blade itself. They had to, for without their hearts to "complete the circuit" as it were, (as well as keeping this "circuit" up and running after the fact) the blade would have, and eventually did, vanish without a trace. I guess we could call it a side-effect for using what was, in essence, an "illegal" Keyblade. Anyway, the form and power of this Keyblade would've still resulted from the influence of both Riku and Ansem SoD. Considering this Keyblade came with the exact power that Ansem SoD wanted it to have i.e. extracting people's hearts, it's either been influenced by the wielder, or that's one hell of a coincidence lol.

The Keyblade pulled out by Young Xehanort after being Stopga'd to fight Riku and Mickey in KHDDD. I don't know if what exactly happened there to allow Young Xehanort to move and summon a previously unknown Keyblade was ever explained by Nomura, but I've always had my own theory :cool: That being, since Master Xehanort's body had yet to fully materialize, he still did not possess a real body, and as such, still retained his ability to travel through time. So, he "traveled" to, and possessed, his younger self. Doing this gave his younger self the power to summon a Keyblade as well. And when he did, we essentially got this one, good look at the Keyblade Xehanort would've gotten as a lad, had he not taken up the Keyblade he has now. Or, maybe he did, and took up the dark Keyblade later, and never saw a reason to summon his old Keyblade after he got his dark Keyblade. That's the case with Mickey and his Star Seeker, after all (after he found the KKD). And, of course, Star Seeker is Mickey's own Keyblade that was forged just for him.

Though, on a side note, Mickey did give his Star Seeker to Sora. Keyblades usually teleport back to their wielder if taken by someone else, but this (as well as Sora getting Riku's Way to Dawn given to him to kick Xemnas's a** in their final battle) demonstrates that a Keyblade can be used by another wielder even if the original wielder is still alive. They just have to have permission :smile:

So, there you have it! KKD's presence at Destiny Islands explained, and a better post about Keyblade creation than even I expected lol. I pop by here almost every night, but rarely post. And even then, only when I'm pretty damn sure I'm right. This was fun :biggrin:

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
The Keyblade pulled out by Young Xehanort after being Stopga'd to fight Riku and Mickey in KHDDD. I don't know if what exactly happened there to allow Young Xehanort to move and summon a previously unknown Keyblade was ever explained by Nomura
He has explained it, if you're curious. Basically he said that MX's consciousness moved into YMX and the Keyblade he pulled out is MX's Keyblade just with a new keychain on it that is based on YMX. (Hence why it looks like a combination of No Name and.. well... No Name (the Keychain you get for defeating YMX in BBS)).

Mickey also didn't give Sora his Star Seeker (he summons it in Re:Coded, for one). What Sora has is a keychain based on Star Seeker. He never had his actual Keyblade. (Sora only possess two Keyblades -- his and Ven's. The rest are just keychains that change their form).

Also, in case anyone missed it, Nomura briefly talked about how MoM invented Keyblades:

- By the way, in this world that can be considered to be during “the time period spoken about in fairytales”, what sort of position is the X-blade in?

Nomura: The Master knows about its existence. Using the X-blade as a model, he creates his own Keyblades. Well, by create I don’t mean that in the physical sense, such as forging and tempering them, I mean more along the lines of pulling one out from the depths of a heart.

Hirokey123

Awards
Huh I feel that kind of description furthers the theory I've had about Kingdom Key for awhile now.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back