• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spirit Panic!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
Tsumiki had found herself at the attic. It was a dusty, old place with a disgusting musk of a scent that caused Tsumiki to reconsider her decision in coming up here. The place was cramped, uncomfortable, and reek of intrusive particles. Feces of small animals and dead bugs littered the floor, and the boxes were caked with green mold. Tsumiki figured that if the ghosts weren’t as hostile as they should be, the fungus would kill her instead.

Walking through, there were small trophies scattered throughout. There were mostly athletic awards and there were some pictures, far older than anyone could have starred in that wasn’t in their 80s. Most likely left behind, and most likely served as a bitter reminder of the past. But, who knew, Tsumiki wasn’t a detective.

There was one particular object that interested her. In the far corner there was a stray box filled with things that a typical high school student would have. Yearbooks, student essays, pictures, things of that sort filled the box. One that stood out was a letter signed with a heart.

Upon opening it, a love letter sprawled out before her. Its characters read of how the person adored the recipient, how cute he was, and how intelligent he behaved, and was concluded with more hearts. The disturbing part of the letter was, however, its incredible attention to detail at the recipient’s habits. His daily hygiene, his circle of friends, even accurate descriptions of his actions within class were described. Even more disturbing was the new edits.

All over the letter, in red ink, were the words “Loser” and “Freak” and “Stalker” and other language that was vulgar and horrific to read. The edges were frayed as if the original author had gripped the paper for such a long time, rereading the messages that were returned to her.

Did I do something wrong?” asked a voice behind her.

Tsumiki stood and turned to see a teenage ghost, about her age, with long blond hair and sad, ageless eyes. The ghost stared at Tsumiki, expecting an answer, but she kept talking.

“Was it my fault?” she asked, “Did I do something wrong? Am I weird? Am I a freak? A creep? A loser?”

Tsumiki stepped back as malignant energy poured from the spirit. It was so potent that it had completely altered the attic and when it stopped, they were on top of a school rooftop. Tsumiki was sure that this was an illusion, but she could hear the chattering of students down below as classes were dismissed.

The spirit stepped forward, her pale blue eyes were so sad, “I don’t deserve to exist, right?”

“That isn’t true,” Tsumiki answered.

Liar!”

Her energy spread out and wrapped itself around Tsumiki until a massive bottle, one that soda was typically dispensed in, formed around her, trapping her in it. Soda had filled up the entire bottle and even though everything wasn’t real, Tsumiki was slowly drowning. She punched at the glass but to no avail, it wouldn’t fall under her strength.

“I should just die, shouldn’t I?” the ghost asked, uninterested in Tsumiki’s predicament.

Somewhere in Miki’s mind, however, she wondered why she got the violent, irrational spirit.
“He told me, you know,” she said, “He called me a weird girl and laughed when I asked if there was a possibility of us dating.”

The scene changed again to a path through a small forest. Autumn trees flanked either side of the road and a cool wind blew through the path, the sun dipped low in the horizon and made the ocean and sky shimmer with a scarlet hue.

The ghost stood opposite of a tall teenage boy. He was impossible to describe as his face was completely blank, very much literally in the sense. The only thing that distinguished him was his jet-black hair.

“Sorry,” he said, his voice echoed and sounded surreal, “But you’re not my type.”

“What is your type?” the girl asked, stepping forward to grab his hands, but he pulled back.

“Not you. Look, you’re a good girl and all but you’re weird. I heard things about you and your family-”

“What does that have to do with anything?!” she cried. The sudden burst of anger had startled the boy.

“Listen, I’m sorry, but could you not talk to me in school anymore?”

Before the girl could retort, however, he walked off and the scene changed back to the attic. Tsumiki, desperate to escape, kept banging on the glass.

“I didn’t do anything wrong,” the spirit insisted, “I just loved him. Why was I being mistreated because of that?”

Having enough of this, Tsumiki sliced open the top of the bottle with a sword created from her highly concentrated spiritual energy. She climbed out of the bottle and gasped for air.

“I don’t… want to fight,” Tsumiki said in-between breaths, “I can help give you peace of mind, but you need to calm down-”

A black hand came out of the spirit’s chest and faster than Tsumiki was able to react; it grabbed her and tightened its grip around her neck.

“I DON’T NEED HELP!” the rooftop shook and shimmered like a hologram, “You’re like the others; you want to medicate me and shut me up. You don’t care about me, none of you do!”

Tsumiki’s hood dipped over her head and revealed her face, contorted in pain as she tried to escape the spirit’s hold. It would have been easy simply to blast the spirit into oblivion, but that wouldn’t make anything better. What she needed was closure, peace of mind in order to be sent into the afterlife.

“You understand, don’t you?” the spirit asked, “You’re like me. Just another weirdo, I can see the spirit you hold inside your body. Nobody will accept you, like they didn’t accept me, you understand right? Right?!”

Tsumiki couldn’t handle it any longer and two bolts of energy materialized and found purchase on the spirit’s face. It stunned her momentarily but it allowed Miki to escape. She teleported away and reappeared behind the ghost.

By the time the ghost realized what had happened, Miki’s power had materialized into a shadowy apparition that bound the ghost.

Miki’s eyes glowed with strength while the ghost struggled under its dark holds. She was turned around and faced Miki’s expression.

“What did you love about him?” Miki asked.

The ghost stopped struggling and blankly stared at her, “The way his lips quiver whenever he was asked a question in class. The fact that he makes his own lunch, and the way his hair looks in the sun.”

“All right, what’s his last name?”

She didn’t respond instantly and instead thought about it, “Um, it was… um, what was it, shoot-”

“His birthday? What was his father’s name? His favorite color? Was he athletic? What about his hobbies? Was he studious?”

The more questions Tsumiki asked, the more distressed the ghost became. It continued to the point where the ghost became to cry and scream.

“Shut up! Shut up! I loved him! What do you know about that you creepy witch?!”

“What did he look like?”

The ghost stopped resisting, her eyes were completely dead. The more the ghost thought about it, the fuzzier her memory of her crush became. She couldn’t remember his face, or the color of his eyes, or anything. It was just a blank slate. Empty.

After noticing how calm the ghost became, Tsumiki dropped her and pulled her hood over again.

“You were just a child back then, naïve and a bit dense to reality,” Tsumiki said, “I don’t know for sure if it was love you felt. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn’t, but right now it isn’t love. It’s obsession. What he did to you was bad, I understand, but what you feel now isn’t love.”

She looked right in Miki’s eyes, dreading the next words, “It’s hate.”

As she said that, the scenery changed again. They were back in the attic, but the ghost was missing. What had replaced it was even more horrifying. It was a massive blob with an undefined face that kept transforming into ugly monsters. Its entire body was as big as the basement and was akin to a jellyfish. It kept pulsating and crawling over itself, a deep, guttural noise churned in the beast’s stomach. As it opened its mouth, a horrible high-pitched, whining sound screeched out.

“You took advantage of this girl’s feelings,” Miki accused the creature, “Just to develop your own physical body. You wanted to use her as a catalyst to reform your body.”

A clear, defined face popped out of the monster. It was one of an arachnid. Slime and goo dripped from its fangs and at its “stomach” was the face of the spirit from before, but, not only that there were also dozens of other faces imprinted in its body.

“More, more sadness and anger!” the spider hissed.

“You aren’t the hive,” remarked Tsumiki, “Too small. You’re just another leech.”

In anger, the creature swiped at Tsumiki. It was stopped, however, by an invisible wall of force that deflected the attack. The force was so strong that the spider’s appendage was torn right off and it screeched in pain. But just as fast, it attacked again with its fang. Tsumiki jumped back to avoid it, but at the last moment the spider lifted its head to slam against her in mid-air. The tactic worked as she was sent flying to the back.

Recovering fast, she prepared for a counterattack. A black spear materialized in front of Miki and with little effort, the spear pierced the thorax and split the entire monster in two. The body disappeared as the spirits it had consumed rematerialized and began to shimmer out of existence. Tsumiki saw the ghost from earlier and when they made eye contact, she smiled at Miki.

“It was weak,” said Tsumiki, observing her arm that took the blunt of the spider’s attack, it was red and the discoloration was spreading quickly, “But still damned potent.”

An aura of magic surrounded her free hand as she nursed the wound. The monster’s hatred would try to envelope Tsumiki, it wouldn’t succeed, however, as another spirit would repel it instantly.

~--~

As Nao was tossed in the air, he began to think about the possibilities.

He landed on a soft patch of grass, but it failed to soften his fall. Nao sat up and stared at his attacker, a shadowy apparition.

It hadn’t fully developed into a spirit, but it contained enough negative emotions to conjure up tangibility. Nao hadn’t accounted for that, hence the damage he suffered earlier.
The shadow picked up a few planks and tossed them at Nao. He wondered where the shadow had gotten those projectiles, but decided to dodge first, ponder later.

Nao stood up and in the motion of his standing dodged the first plank. He took a casual step to the left, dodging another, and continued this casual and normal style of walking. With each of his movements, it looked like he was inadvertently dodging the projectiles, as if it was a literal walk in the park.

Once the shadow’s arsenal was spent, Nao stood, about face, and scratched the back of his head.

“Now what,” he muttered. His exorcising abilities weren’t exactly up to par, and Yui wouldn’t be around for another twenty seconds, he had gone inside to use the bathroom. With a roar, shadowy tentacles emerged and aimed for Nao’s head. Again, his movements were causal and appeared accidental. He looked left, and right, as if searching for something and the tentacles caught empty air.

“Man, this is annoying. I’m not good at exorcising you guys,” admitted Nao to the spirit who continued to attack, “Should I wait? Should I run away? Call the police?”

With each question, he took a step forward and again moved in a cocky and bored manner avoiding each attack.

“Hm?” he stopped as a tentacle managed to flank him. It was much too fast for him to dodge, and deflecting it was out of the question.

Maybe I should dodge left, Nao deliberated mentally, No, it’s too late now. It’s gonna hit me. Ugh, this is going to hurt.

It smacked the side of his head and sent him across the yard and right into the house. The force wasn’t enough to cause the house’s structure to fail, but it gave Nao a headache.

“You’re not going to give up, right?” Nao asked and a roar was given as a response. The shadow soon began to develop legs and raced its way toward Nao. With a mighty sweep, it slashed at Nao’s chest in an attempt to spill his gut. But it missed completely. In fact, Nao disappeared altogether.

Reappearing behind the shadow, Nao reached out and grabbed its “head”.

His eyepatch was removed, revealing a single black iris with a ring spheres. A deadly orange color glowed like a flame on his eye and covered the entire left half of his face. Nao grinned, expressing emotion for the first time, “Go in peace.”

He crushed the shadow’s head and let the residue get lost in the wind.

Yui had returned with two juice boxes. Nao was right where he left him, lying down on the porch with his head being propped up by his left arm.

“I brought you some juice!” Yui announced as he handed him the carton and sat, cross-legged, next to Nao.

“Ah, thanks,” said Nao in his typical monotone voice.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Ishi pushes against the small hands of the ghost trying to kill him as he tries to figure out just how such a small frame can be so strong. He ignores this question and growls as he realizes that he is slowly losing the battle. As if to hurt him even further, Ishiro finds that his concentration is constantly being bombarded by images flashing through his mind. He notices something strange about the images being the fact that they all center around a little girl around maybe the age of nine. But before he can fight the images any further he finds himself resting in an open garden just staring at the clouds drifting by. A slight movement on his left alerts him of something there, so he looks over to see the girl from the images sleeping against his side.

For some reason he feels a smile form on his lips as his hand moves to brush a few strands of hair out of the girl's eyes. The contact causes the girl to awaken and smile at him. He gently swipes away his hand and sits up in her spot. Ishiro himself finds that he pushes himself to his feet and extend a hand to the girl. It's only then that he notices that despite the old style clothing the girl is wearing, she is rather cute. The girl takes his hand and allows Ishiro's body to pull her to her feet. The two stand in the spot before a voice from the distance catches both of their attention. Ishiro looks to the source of the sound and notices a woman that looks like she would be a mother of maybe two children.

"Ichigo, Haruka. It's time to come in for lunch!"

Ishiro just stares at the woman before his own mouth calls out, "Okay, Mom! Are you ready, Haruka?"

His own vision drifts down to the girl who holds tightly to his hand and drags him through the grass towards the woman. Once again Ishiro's vision fades and this time he finds that he's staring at a crossword puzzle, something that he would never do. He notices his hand moving to write a word in one of the blanks until something catches his attention. The girl, calling him Onii-chan, smiles and waves as he looks towards her before sliding down a slide leading into a pool. She lets out a scream of joy as she splashes down into the water and causes Ishiro to shield himself and his puzzle from the splash. Ishiro just laughs at this and says that the guy should have known not to sit so close to the pool.

His body moves to strike water off of the khakis that his new body is wearing only to notice that it appears to suddenly start raining a bit. He looks up at the source of the shade and water only to see the girl standing above him with something in her hands. "I got you something, Onii-chan! Happy Birthday!" Ishiro smiles as he takes the soaked square of wrapping paper from the girl and asks if he can open it. The girl nods as she leans back and waits in anticipation for the young man to open the package. Ishiro carefully takes the paper off of the object only to see a book titled Through the Looking Glass. Ishiro makes a comment about how he remembers reading that once, but his attention is grabbed by the scene once more. This time the girl jumps into his arms and embraces him in a very wet hug.

"Hey, will you read some to me, Onii-chan?"

Ishiro nods to the girl and moves her to be able to sit in his lap as he begins to read every word. The scene shifts once more, but remains black this time. Ishiro feels his body moving as if he just got done running a marathon, but then something pierces the darkness. His eyes shift to a small opening where he can see the little girl again, but this time all notions for joy have been replaced with terror. Ishiro pushes the wall blocking him to the side and whispers to the girl to hide with her in the closet. The girl, startled by the sudden appearance of her older brother jumps towards him and lands in his arms. Ishiro quickly closes the door and tries to comfort the sobbing girl as she asks who could have killed everyone. Ishiro notices that a strange smile forms on his lips, before he pulls the girl away and tells her that he was the one that killed them. But before the girl can say anything he feels himself shove something deep into her chest and something warm washes over his hand. He looks at his hand and notices that his hand holding a rather large knife is soaked in the blood pouring out of the girl.

His vision returns to the girl once more, but this time he knows that he's in his own body. It's only now that he realizes that this ghost is the same girl from the visions. His heart aches for her as he realizes that she was betrayed by the one that she loved the most, and there was too much about him that was similar, granted he only knew that his name sounded similar. He lets his own power leave his body and cause him to take on his human form, the one that was evidently the most similar to the appearance of her brother. Ishiro smiles to the girl and says one word. "Haruka?"

The girl stops in shock at the mention of her name and stares at the man the looks like her brother. Ishiro pushes himself from the ground to stand once more only to extend his hand to the girl. The girl stares at him confused, but still takes his hand and allows him to pull her to her feet. Ishiro looks at the surviving bookcases near his location and realizes just how lucky he is. He walks to the one that he's certain was the one that he's looking for and skims the titles of the works until he finds just the one. He pulls the book from its hiding spot on the shelf and opens the cover. It's there that he notices something written there. "To my beloved, Nii-chan. Happy Birthday. -Haruka." Ishiro smiles at the note and walks to a large, comfortable looking chair. He slides himself down into a comfortable position before motioning for the girl to join him.

Still a bit confused, the girl obeys Ishiro and climbs into his lap. Just as he saw the young man do in the visions, Ishiro turns the girl to see as he can read. It's only then that he realizes that the only source of light happens to be a few candles and even the light from the moon. He decides against turning on one of the lamps and opens the book. He begins to read every word that he comes across only to notice that the dark energy filling the room is slowly dissipating as the girl leans into his chest as if falling asleep. He just keeps reading to the girl as a smile forms on his own lips. This is how he would much rather spend his time with spirits, not fighting them and helping to Send them again their wills, but rather spending relaxing time with them until they are ready to leave themselves.

Raspberyl

Hayden didn't know which hurt more, her throat caught in the ghost's strong vice grip or her wounded hands futilely attempting to pry the pale fingers off. All she knew was it hurt, so freaking much. She wasn't worried though; she couldn't be, not with her blind faith in Ace. He took care of the two downed spirits right after she'd knock them out, so she knew he would handle this last one just as quickly.

"G--o--" she managed to croak out, cheering as she saw a beam of light headed for the ghost. The rest happened instantaneously: the ghost vanished after being sliced in half and after a round of coughing, she could breathe again.

"Thanks, boss!" she said in her usual perky tone, although her voice was hoarse. Ace tended to her wounds immediately, wrapping makeshift bandages around her arm and hands. She winced as he did so, but wasn't sure if it was because it stung or because he sounded a little disappointed at the stunt she pulled with the katana. "That was the only way I could disarm him without getting caught in my own explosion," she explained. And trying to lighten his mood, she added, "But didn't I look cool doing that?"

He still seemed upset though, and she guessed it must've been because of her wounds. She smiled to herself, yet again in awe at his display of compassion, and laughed the pain off to hopefully alleviate his worries. "Hey, hey, don't you think wearing bandages like this make me seem tougher?"

She followed Ace out the room, planning on finding Mizuki, their resident healer, but froze the moment she stepped out. Shivers racked her body, and she was struck by a sharp pang of anxiety. She took a moment to settle down, but knew immediately that she was sensing the club members with demonic auras.

Ace had been right about Ishiro being next on the creepy ghost voice's hit list, but there was something odd about his presence. He was volatile just a while ago, but now he seemed calm. Maybe he and Asagi already defeated whatever was attacking them? Coraleye's presence, on the other hand, was getting more prominent. That usually meant he was using his demonic powers.

"Ace, is everyone doing alright?" she asked, worried at the group's simultaneous encounters, "I can only tell that Ishi and Coral are okay."

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Rien sighed; the abominations were despicable apparitions but he was no different. Right now, it was merely survival of the fittest in every sense of the saying. The demonic stall-child, he knew him by name admittedly. Coralye - an ambiguous stalwart and similar in attitude, probably why he disliked him because he felt as if it pertained to him in a mocking fashion. TheLOL_flashlight rolled his eyes.

He stood perfectly still. The fan's minature renditions hovered behind his back, and spun furiously like sharpened points. As the supernatural ghost was pushed awry by Coraleye's demonic strength, Rien flicked a thumbs up. The sounds of the fan's dijointing from their whimsical orbit of irate of Aldrein's rage. Rien thrust his arms back, "Don't take this the wrong way, if I'd like to assist in the prolonging of your lives because I have
some humility."

His foot slammed, and he jumped over the bookcases and catapulted over them. Feeling unwanted by the twins, the eject button was necessary. His footing gracefully placed on the book case. Flinging his arms up, the singular two-dimensional fans that seemed to disappear in view when turned sideways. That Samurai's bloody eyes could be seen from way across the room, "yeah, okay." Rien said, as his fan's were swatted by flying books that burst, swatting his fans by conveniently slamming them into the pages.

Rien slapped his forehead. Facepalm. He became a little irritated at this, a reflection of it as his face cracked and chipped. Balling his fist, he flipped from the book case down beside Coraleye. "Any suggestions?"

luna008

"Any suggestions?"

"Yeah!" Ashely said as she turned the magic into electrcity, and let it collect into her right foot, "Take a few steps back!" Ashely jumped past the boys as she kicked the spirit with her chargered foot. Sadly, it didn't do much damage. Instead, it just made the ghost mad and it grabbed her foot. But before gravity could take a hold of Ashley, she used her magic to gather heat in left foot. This time her foot caught on fire, but it didnt hurt her since it was Pip's magic. She slammed it down onto the dead samuri's head, but the hemelt kind of blocked it, so once again her attack was in effective.

"Danm it!" Ashely yelled as the spirit grabbed her other foot foot and flung her into a far wall. She covered her head with her arms to try to soften the blow, but after she slammed into the wall her body fell to the ground, not moving. Pip flew around her, making soft noises that sounded like the soft whislte of the wind, trying to wake her up.

Meanwhile, Mizuki was unaware that her sister had just been ko'd, she was focusing on the spell to much. It wasn't that she wasn't good at sending, it was just like with her healing, it took awhile. There were steps she had to go through to be ready. But when the time came to send the deceased, she would be ready.

Awards
"Looking cool isn't very important Hayden." Ace said, letting out a sigh as he leaned on the banister overlooking the floor below them. His back was to it, yet he was looking off into the hallway nearby instead of Hayden. "I have faith in you guys, even though we do some dangerous stuff sometimes, however..." He ruffled the back of his auburn hair with his right hand, his gaze now on the ground in front of him. "I can't help but be worried about you all, I thought you were going to die back there if I didn't think of something." It was hard for him to admit but he was afraid then, not of the ghosts but of losing one of his friends as he looked on helpless. He looked to her, a mild smile back returning to his lips.

"I just can't let that happen, not again." He said, his tone filled with more energy than before. He pushed off the banister, walking towards her. "Just be more careful next time alright? Focus on the target, nothing more." He patted her on the head twice. "Your fireworks always look cool Hayden, so don't worry about that." He continued past her, leading towards the east wing. Ace was about to enter the hall when he heard a familiar voice.

"So you're still alive, You're no ordinary humans are you?... How interesting." The voice faded out, and though Ace braced for another attack, one did not come.

"That spirit... What's it up to?"

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
The shadows in front of Ace folded inward and a second shadow appeared to be superimposed onto the wall. As the shadow became more defined, it separated and Tsumiki stood. With a mild look on her face, she stared at Ace. She was wearing a different cloak than before, it was a violet color and her hair was wet.

Being trapped in a magic soda bottle will do terrible things to your hair and clothes. She had showered, quickly, and changed as fast as she could.

Tsumiki removed her hood, her purple eyes assessing Ace, “Stuck in a soda bottle,” she explained quickly about the details of her wet hair, “These violent spirits are annoying to handle. Hopefully, there won’t be too much damage to the place.”

She could already imagine the type of damage that some members would be capable of inflicting, Yui, in specific, would be dangerous. The idiot doesn’t have any self-control, and would level the building he was in if given a chance.

“Ah, there you are,” Nao called, in his typical bored fashion, from the end of the hall. He walked up to the two and in a stunning turn of events, Yui wasn’t with him. Tsumiki looked at him as if he were an alien that just dropped from Mars, but he didn’t notice.

“Can I go home now?” he asked, “Spirits are trying to cause serious grievous harm to me.”
“Before that, where is Yui? Isn’t he, like, your dog or something?” Tsumiki asked.

Nao tilted his head, “Oh, he isn’t here?” he looked around, searching for Yui, and then shrugged, “He’ll be fine.”

Tsumiki pulled up her hood and rolled her eyes. Some friendship those two shared.

“I guess we’re stuck with you now.” She said.

“I could always leave.” He shot back.

Although there was little emotion apparent in their voices, the tension between them was obvious. Much like Nao and Yui, Tsumiki had an odd friendship with Nao. She enjoyed his quiet nature, but got exacerbated with his negative personality. She knew Yui was strong, but shouldn’t he express more worry?

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
"Damn it Ash. Rien, we need to keep him busy while Mizuki does her sending thing."

Coraleye kept his calm but, just seeing Ashley hurt was enough to rile up his emotions when left unchecked. The samurai's eyes met with Coraleye's eyes, glaring at one another. There wasn't a moment of silence before the samurai dashed foward with katana pointed at the throat of the half demon child. A quick thrust cut through the air like a bullet from a gun. Action needed to be even quicker as Coraleye stepped to the side, nearly dodging the blade of the katana. It slid across his neck leaving a slight cut but, nothing deep or serious. This dodge led to a wince in pain and then liver punch to the samurai's stomach. Liver shots weere quite dangerous and were known to end fights almost instantaneously. The fist landed against the samurai's armor with no sign of doing any form of damage.

"Is that your best? I have fought better." The Samurai commented on Coraleye's attempt.

A powerful foot crashed against Coraleye's face, knocking him to the ground. The foot kept upon his face, holding him down as he attempted to remove it. One kick was all it took as Coraleye smacked into the Samurai's inner thigh. The ghost's balanced was destroyed which gave the demon child enough time springboard and roundhouse kick the ghost's stomach. Both the demon child and ghost clashed with the samurai striking against the vector shield produced by Coraleye.

nightmarezeroX9

Let's Get Down To Business
Emilia had left the room with two of his weasels, but suddenly he felt like this was a terrible idea. She seemed pretty reluctant to go in the first place, and now, Satoshi thought, with good reason. If Ace found out, he expected him to chew him out for it, or at least make him promise not to leave his partner alone again. Hopefully Emilia wouldn't run into too much trouble. If she did, he could leap up and figure out where she was. Honestly, she wasn't far away at all. Continuing back to the locked desk, he examined it further. Nothing about it seemed off, even feeling underneath it, he felt nothing out of the ordinary. The only thing that seemed incredibly wrong was the fact that it was locked. Still unable to wrap his head around it, he decided there was only one thing to do. Rip it open. Grabbing the drawer compartment in the best way he could, he began to tug. He gradually tugged harder and harder, until finally, it came open. Or rather, he ripped the whole thing out. Satoshi kept his balance, and looked to see what was inside. It was a sheathed dagger. It wasn't like one of those giant ones you see in video games, or occasionally the movies, but the size of it indicated it was a dagger, and it looked like a self defense one at that. Taking it out of the sheathe, he examined it further, finding nothing out of the ordinary at all. The only thing that was off was the small maroon stain on the tip. Whatever it was, he couldn't judge. It looked old, and crusty. Not wanting to do anything with it really, he was about to put it back, when he heard a few thumps, something breaking, and what sounded like someone getting murdered in a Philadelphia back alley.

Looking around, his common sense finally kicked, and he realized that the sounds sounded like they were coming from another room. He immediately darted out of the room, gripping the door way for a sharp turn, darting once again to where the sound was coming from. The other weasel that was left behind with Satoshi was directly behind him. It was sometimes amazing how they could keep up with him, even when he was going full speed, riding a wind current around town. Trying to open the door that he had stopped at, the knob wouldn't even budge a bit. It stayed there like a Snorlax did in the Pokemon games. Getting rather annoyed quickly, his first instinct was to kick the door down. Taking a few steps back, he took one giant step forward, and proceeded to forcefully kick his leg, straight into the middle of the door. Successfully, it flung open, and inside was Emilia and the other two weasels, with a giant deformed, thing standing in the middle. The two weasels immediately backed up towards Satoshi, awaiting the command to finish it off. Placing the dagger he had held in his hand in his pocket, he slowly stepped into the room, hoping the spirit would not begin to attack him. Being incredibly limited due to the tight quarters, he was only able to use his close range wind magic, and he couldn't use his sword for fear of badly slicing up the place, and there was that offshore chance of accidentally taking a swipe at Emilia. He turned to look at her, giving a look indicating if she was alright or not. Before he could see a response from her, a loud and penetrating roar filled his ears, and he turned over to it's horrifying origin. The spirit began to raise it's arm in attack, and Satoshi reacted by doing a dodge roll towards it. The monster swiped in a diagonal motion, missing him completely. A ball of white and visible wind swirling around it appeared in Satoshi's hand, and he pressed it up against the monster. Suddenly powerful gusts of wind had surrounded the area that the monster had occupied. Violently the thing was slammed up against the wall, grimacing in pain, unable to immediately recover from the blow. Stepping back a bit, he quickly turned to Emilia.

"If you are going to send it along now, I would do so quickly, before it gets back up." If it did get back up, he would be ready to strike it down once more. Hopefully though, he wouldn't need to use another attack like that. He already devastated that part of the room.

IceBlueWings

&#12418;&#12387;&#12392;&#12418;&#12387;&#12392;&#
Emilia was starting to panic, and she was undoubtedly terrified. She felt the room shake slightly with the anger that Hannah emitted, and the weasels could only do so much to cause some harm. She wanted something to catch the ghost off guard—something that would make Hannah vulnerable. Still eyeing the dressing table, she tried to get closer to it when the door suddenly opened, catching Emilia and the ghost’s attentions.

There stood Satoshi, and Emilia felt that the ghost was irritated for some reason. Emilia frowned in confusion. Why would Satoshi’s presence intimidate the ghost all of a sudden? She caught Satoshi’s look, but turned away before she could give any sort of answer. In the next moment she saw Hannah, who was now just a monstrous dark being, swipe her arm at Satoshi. Emilia took a hasty step towards them in concern for his safety, but the monster was blown back against the wall by his wind. She breathed an inaudible sigh of relief. The monster seemed to be badly hurt. She smiled gratefully at Satoshi, and she nodded at his suggestion.

“R-Right. But there was something different about the ghost once you arrived…” She said pensively, taking a step forward and looking at the ghost. Calming herself down, she took a deep breath, her hand reaching out for the vulnerable ghost, when the ghost cringed. “You know time has passed, and things have changed…” Emilia said gently. “You have to understand that.”

The ghost gave a deep sob. “I didn’t want to leave things the way they were when I died.” Emilia smiled encouragingly. The monstrous form was turning slightly dimmer. “To be honest…I was always so happy performing, even on that night I died.” The feminine voice was less hostile now. “I just wanted to relive it by staying here. I knew I had to leave, someday. It was just too painful. I’m sorry for what I’ve done to you. I understand why you had to come here.”

Emilia saw the ghost’s hands held out before her, and she in turn held on to them. With a kind smile, Emilia could sense the ghost’s readiness to leave. “It’s alright, Hannah. May you rest in peace.” Emilia said as the ghost, who was now just her original form, gave a smile as she faded into a glittering light. The hands Emilia held were fading as well, until there was no trace of the ghost anymore. Emilia’s hands shook slightly as she looked up at the last glitters of light that eventually faded. She turned around and gave a relieved smile. “It seems everything is fine, for now.” She said as she relaxed. Her back ached after being slammed against the wall, and she had to admit she was still recovering from her feelings of fear. “By the way, I told you earlier that the ghost’s actions changed when you arrived…did you do something?” She asked curiously.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
With the girl now asleep in his arms he smiles as he moves a strand of her hair out of her eyes. He finally looks to the book in his hand and makes a mental note to ask the owner of the estate if he can borrow it, granted he knew that chances were low considering all the damage that he himself helped cause. He just sighs and this and stands from the spot before repositioning the girl so that she can be a bit more comfortable. He strokes her back just a little and walks to the exit. He stares at the doors standing before him only to recall how some spirits are chained to specific locations. He gulps hard at this and steps out just a few times to see if there is any reaction with the girl. Once nothing happens he lets out a happy sigh before walking through the halls.

It isn't long before he comes across three people: Ace, Hayden and Tsumiki. He sighs at the thought of having to explain himself, but he just keeps silent about the girl and looks to Tsumiki. "Where have you been? I haven't seen you around the group during this little outing." His attention then drifts over to Ace who he tells, "Asagi and I got into a bit of a fight. She left me in the library where this little girl attacked me. I think she's calm now, but I can't send her." He falls silent at this point and looks at the girl sleeping in his hands. "But in all honesty, I'm not sure I want to send her. She thinks that I'm her brother Ichigo or something. Found out that she was killed by him. Any advice here, Leader?"

Last edited:

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Rien could get a firm grasp on things as they stood. He was merely fufilling his role as a pacifier to incapacitate the spirits where as the purifiers were the true heroes and heroines in the matter. So in doing his job, he dropped all cynicisms of individual persons and for the sake of dismissing arrogance, completing the task at hand. The demonic stall-child Coraleye was at best fierce; he had Rien's aid as a given.

"Lets wrap this up." Rien said taking a bold step out.

His face cracked, he slew his arm into a jab butting fans in a number of six from his arm, all fairly large. They detached, hovering above his arm and spun around creating a tunnel of wind. "Ever seen an improvised Railgun before guys? Watch this."

Throwing his arm forward, the fans disconnected from his vicinity of control. Bolting forward, creating a sound that echoed throughout the house. It was to momentarily disorient the ghost, through some success the samurai shook, and the blades did the rest. Pinning him in six places to the wall in the study. As the glanced at his back, he threw up the thumbs up.

"Lets make it happen Mizuki." Rien spoke in confidence as he turned his head to the side, with a nod.

luna008

Mizuki looked up, she was ready. Mizuki stood up, and as she did so, her body started to glow a white pale glow. Ashely had always told her that when she was like this, she reminded her of a spirit. In truth, Mizuki felt like a spirit since this was the closet she could get to the spirit realm without dieing. Mizuki walked over to the spirit, seeing knots attached to his body that connected him to this realm so she slowly started to untie them. This was how she sent, she untied everything that connected the spirit to the place they haunted so that they might finally leave. When at last she untied the final knot, the spirit started to fade untill all that remained of it was the armor it left behind.

"Well, that takes care of that." Mizuki said as she turned to the others. Then she notcied Ashely was slowly picking herself off the floor. "Are you alright Yan-" Then she noticed her sister was bleeding from her head. Blood. There was blood. Memories came flashing back to her of eight years ago..."Yang!" Mizuki yelled and ran over to her.

The last thing Ashely remebered was being thrown, then looking at the floor trying to figure out why it was spinning. When she had recovered enough, she started to get up and caught a glimpse of Mizuki sending the ghost. So no more getting thrown into walls, yay! Then Mizuki turned around and had a look of horror. Ashely couldn't undstand why until she felt something wet slide down her face. She touched it and her fingers came back red. So thats why her head was hurting so bad...Well, it wouldn't be for long, Mizuki was running over to heal her, and with Mizuki's hemophobia, Ashely was going to get healed very quickly.

"Are you alright!? Can you hear me!? How many of me are there!?" Mizuki asked frantically as she healed Ashely. Mizuki healed by placing her hands either on the injuried part of the body, or someplace close to it, and a glow simular to the one she got when she sent a ghost went around the injury slowly healing it.

"I'm fine Yin." Ashely said, trying to calm her down. "Just a little bump." Then she looked at the guys, "Thanks for getting the ghost ready for sending guys!"

Last edited:

Raspberyl

Hayden had felt dejected when Ace had lightly reprimanded her, but brightened immediately when she realized it was out of concern rather than disappointment. She followed him to the east wing gaily, still beaming from his compliment, blissfully unaware of the spirit's voice. Ace had stopped just short of the hall, and although she sensed no vengeful spirits, she raised her guard.

"Anything here?" she asked, scanning the hall even though she probably wouldn't see anything. "It seems—ahh!"

Her hands were already glowing beneath the bandages, raised and aimed at the form that suddenly materialized in front of Ace, before she could process what was happening. She nearly fired, but luckily, she recognized the cloak and stopped just in time. She sighed in relief; it was only Miki. She hardly had time to question where she had been all this time because soon, Nao (surprisingly sans Yui ) came and bickered a bit with her, and then Ishiro followed a moment later, carrying someone.

She thought for a moment it was Asagi and was poised to rush to Mizuki to have her healed, but it seemed what Ishiro had with him was a little spirit girl. She frowned at the implications; she hated seeing young spirits. It always seemed unfair. Ishi's sororicide revelation made her all the more upset. Killed by her brother… how twisted could this Ichigo be?

She looked to Ace for his direction, hoping that he could send her right away so the poor little girl can finally have some peace.

Last edited:
Awards
As his mind wandered to the possibilities and dangers of the malignant spirit, Ace's senses picked up on Tsumiki as she materialized in front of him and Hayden. He was used to her doing stuff like that, after all it was within her power. He did notice that her hood was down and her hair was wet however. Aware of her appearance she simply offered the explanation of being stuck in a soda bottle. Ace smirked and let it slide, weirder things have happened after all.

Nao soon arrived, noticeably without Yui with him. Tsumiki inquired about this, receiving a rather mellow response. She didn't seem satisfied with it, and neither was Ace. "Nao, you know Yui. There's no telling what he could be getting into right now. We should look for him and make sure he's not in any trouble..." He trailed off as he saw Ishiro approaching, he was carrying a little girl. It was obvious the girl was a spirit, further proven by the explanation given. Without a word Ace walked over to the girl in his arms and placed his right hand over her forehead. A pale blue light pulsed from his hand, and the girl vanished. "Stray spirits such as her are common... However here it's the exception. There's so many, it's almost over whelming." Shrugging his shoulders he reaches into his pocket, feeling for the key he and Hayden found he takes it out. He had a feeling that whatever was causing this was close. "I think it's time we found out what's behind that door, however It'd be best if all of us were here."

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
She shook as she stood up, shaking her head lightly and rubbing her tear-covered cheeks and eyes with the bandages on her arm. Surprisingly, the hostile spirit behind her made no movement against her, but she could still sense some resentment within it. Asagi could feel its frustrations, but to her they were nothing compared to how she felt for the past twenty minutes, including spending a little time with Hanabi, and crying her eyes out. Lulu was told to get somewhere safe while she took care of this, and the black cat had licked her cheek before running off. The spirit didn't give chase. She knew it was here for something.

"..She's gone." Finally speaking aloud, Asagi would bring herself to turn around and stood tall, her firm stare present as if it never left her. The spirit before her appeared very physical, the only thing giving it away that her enhanced eyes would see, is that aura of negativity pouring out of him. He was a strong man with a strong build, wearing a green trenchcoat that covered most of his body. Besides some average boots, the spirit appeared normal ..but his face was pale, cracked ..and his eyes, red, with yellow pupils. Hanabi was the only spirit here, and she was hiding. Was this who she was hiding from? "..That's who you were after, right? ..The little girl? She's gone."

The spirit didn't take too kindly to that news, so it wasn't totally mindless. Asagi didn't flinch when he took a heavy step towards her, causing the pots nearby to lightly vibrate. In fact she appeared very careless as his frame moved against her. This guy must have weighed a lot, because as he drew closer, the vibrations seemed to become louder. Asagi didn't move an inch, she just looked up, the guy being at least a foot or two higher than him. He stared, his frame shaking like hers did minutes ago. "So you knew her ..then you must be her daddy, the one that hurt her so much ..as I figured.."

He didn't react to that, nothing noticeable anyway. With that, Asagi went on..

"That girl told me a lot about her time as a little girl in the living world, and she could barely remember her mother's beautiful smiling face ..what she did remember, was that her mother was always there for her, even on the day she passed away." The woman died in her sleep, without pain and suffering. "Before she died, she gave her daughter a teddy bear, and told her that even if she wasn't there, her teddy bear would be there for her to love if her father wasn't. You see, her father worked a lot, and when he came home he was a good man, he kissed his wife, kissed his daughter ..and things seemed okay. When his wife died, he changed ..he had to change his hours to suit his daughter, something he didn't like, and ..strangely enough, his wife was weak ever since his daughter came into the world. As a result, his was changed forever..but not positively, not for long."

The hulking spirit raised its right arm back, fist balled, but didn't throw the punch. Asagi waited a good ten seconds before continuing, still not showing any fear for the thing before her. Size wasn't everything. Her dear mother made it a crime to run away from anyone, no matter how big. Father said differently, and to only stand your ground if honor was on the line, or something dear to you. Hanabi was dear, even in that fifteen minutes of knowing the girl, she was dear to her.

"So what did the father do? Oh, he made sure she ate, and was clothed ..but he didn't look her in the eye, didn't smile, didn't do all the things her mommy did ..and this, this went on for three years or less ..and you know what happened to that little girl? She spent her last night in life, crying to sleep, before dying of a broken heart."

Something snapped within the spirit of that girl's father just as Asagi had finished, and the fist that was at the ready, was driven forward, colliding with Asagi's head and at the same time, multiple pots cracked, couple even breaking. Yet despite what the impact did to the nearby area, Asagi didn't move, as if she was a wall. No blood was spilled either. In fact, despite the powerful pale fist hitting her, she didn't go off, she just looked even more determined to finish.

"She was interesting, and she probably would have had a long, happy life ..if only her daddy gave just a little more of a damn about her." The spirit of the father grew heavier, Asagi could feel how tougher it was to breathe in here, but she was stronger than she was given credit for. It didn't matter. "Hanabi always wondered what she did so wrong to her daddy ..and even when I was sending her to the beyond, she wanted me to know that you weren't always a rotten son of a bitch. And in fact, she wants you to know she's with her mother now, waiting for you to come and be happy again."

The heaviness grew yet again, and that aura of black was growing like smoke building from a fire. It was covering the greenhouse, and having not moved at all, she still saw no reason to do so now. "..Okay, enough." immediately an explosion of her ki, her natural energy, erupted from her body in overwhelming force, emitting a loud screeching sound that would be incredibly painful to the ear. The glass on all sides of them was immediately shattered and the shards would litter the grassy yard, reflecting off the moon shining down. The frames that kept the greenhouse in tact were bent, but not completely torn apart. She saved at least a little self control for that. Her own power radiating and completely overwhelming the spirit before her until it was unnoticeable, Asagi slowly lowered the output of her energies until they were almost unnoticeable again. The pools of blue that consumed much of the greenhouse vanished, and her glow faded.

"I don't know if you were attempting to raise your strength or intimidate me with that aura of yours, but trust me, it won't work." The only thing intimidating to Asagi was whatever her mother could manage to put on a plate.

"Now." The spirit was getting itself up from having been blown several feet backwards. Slowly she reached back with her left arm, gripping the thin sword handle from the black scabbard behind her waist. She would pull it out slowly, giving the spirit enough time to get a good look at who would be sending it to hell where it belonged. When it was fully drawn, she lowered her arm to her side, keeping it in the reverse grip she used it in.

"Make any peace you have left, because I'll be making certain to draw this out as I see fit ..and I'll also make certain your soul remains locked in a furnace for the rest of eternity."

Last edited:

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
Nao blinked. His train of thought was so quick that the intermittent steps were impossible to distinguish. But some steps were, however, obvious. Nao's existence being ignored by Ichiro was, by no means, offensive but to Nao it had relayed a silent message.

This ignorance had indicated by Ichiro didn't care about Nao or his affairs. This then translated that Ichiro, as a result, didn't care about Nao's existence. And from there, it meant that Ichiro wanted Nao to erase his existence since it isn't worthy for him to remember, meaning Nao should commit seppuku.

Nao quickly turned on his heels, "I wonder where a sword would be held."

But before he could disembowel himself, Tsumiki telekinetically grabbed the scruff of his shirt and dragged it, and him, down to the ground; pinning him there.

"You're not going to kill yourself," said Tsumiki in a manner a person telling another that drinking too much coffee isn't good.

"Ah, and leader-san," Nao said with difficulty, "I wouldn't worry much about Yui. With any luck, he'll level the building and anything within a two mile radius. What is of concern, however, would be Asagi."

As he said that goosebumps appeared on his arm and his body began to shiver like crazy. His covered eye had also reacted as well. As a result of the two conflicting energies, that of Asagi's and the Prophet of Delphi's, his eye began to burn with energy and raged within him. Images of the past and future began to flood his mind at the rate that would drive any normal person insane.

Nao had, however, reacted with indifference. The pain had hurt, the images had been disturbing, but Nao could take it. After all, the eye had given him worse experiences before.

Tsumiki had reacted as well. The spirit of the phoenix fluctuated inside her and threatened to be released. Underneath her cloak black tattoos and magic runes had appeared on her body, and on her chest was the symbol of the phoenix. Thankfully, however, that entire display was censored by Tsumiki's outfit.

She had to make the tattoos recede with force, and so with effort she managed to make all of the images disappear. Pulling down her hood she looked straight at Nao, "Don't worry. Asagi is fine, she can handle herself."

"Hm? I didn't realize you two were close," remarked Nao.

Miki turned around, "I'm going to look for Yui. Make sure he doesn't hurt himself."

And with that, she was gone.

~---~

Yui was having a lot of fun. He had found the ghost of an English boxer that had lived in the 18th century. He wasn't sure how the ghost had made its way to Japan, but then again there were weirder occasions.

At the moment, Yui and the boxer were going at it. They were at the third round when the ki had overwhelmed the two. Yui was so distracted that the boxer managed to land a clean hit on his chin. But the power was so immense that the boxer had rippled and gave Yui a chance to perform a shoryuken and win the match.

"Whew," Yui wiped his forehead of sweat and looked at the mob of spirits that had surrounded him, "Who's next?"

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
Coraleye wasn't exhausted at all from the recent encounter with the samurai. What he was, was happy as hell that it was over. The feeling of fighting a dangerous ghost samurai did not appeal to him. Japanese History was by far the best in his opinion but, samurai shoudl stay in the history books. Looking back at Ashley and Mizuki, the young man was pretty proud. He made his way over to the two girls with a smile on his face. "Happy your okay Ash." Coraleye put his hand on Mizuki's head, "Nice job. guess my little sister has some magic in here afterall." His then turned to Rien who had turned out tobe a big help. The demon child never doubted Rien for one bit, but that boy had proved himself to be oen that worked alone like Asagi. There was no care for their lone wolf style as he figured the club was better when together.

"Come on. Let's get back downstairs and see whats up with boss man Ace." It's funny for the eldest to refer to Ace as the boss man but, Ace was the one with the bright ideas or more so the one who held the information and jobs that they received. It was never dull moment with Ace at the helm and it was never a normal one either. Coraleye retreated from the study rather quickly, hoping to avoid any other ghost that might wanna show up. Like a child or any hyper teen, the boy sat on the railing of the stairs, sliding down it. One would think it wouldn't be able to handle his wait though one could also say that Coraleye sometimes tended to be light as a feather. The door was right before him making him wonder just what was actually behind it. If only the club was ready to find out.

luna008

Mizuki blushed at the complment as she finished healing her sister. "I-its not magic really" She stammered, she didn't take to well to complements, but she did like them. She placed her hands briefly on Coraleye, making him glow slightly and healing even the smallest of wounds he may have got before he rushed down the railing of the stairs to get to the bottom.

"Wait for me Coral!" Ashley yelled as she jumped on the railing. But instead of riding it the old fashion way, she rode down it like Tarzan sliding down a vine, with Pip flying next to her like they were racing. Right before she hit the bottem, she jumped and fliped, landing on her feet right beside of Coraleye. All that free running around the city had paid off! "Hopefully the others will be here soon and we'll find out!" Ashely told Coraleye, really excited.

"Yang..." Mizuki mumbled under her palm after watching her sister recussly. "I would hate for her to be careful for once..." She just sighed and turned to Rien, "Thanks for you help Rien." Mizuki smiled and briefly touched his hand, healing any injury he might have gotten in the battle. "C'mon, we better get down there." With that, she ran down the steps after her sister and Coraleye, leaving Rien to follow.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Great job everyone, Rien said modestly as he extended a modest gesture of gratitude.

The study-a now barren yet battle worn part of the very mansion they tread in now. Rien then folded his arms and actually smiled a bit, it was a good thing in all honesty. Yet they were always in fear of when the next apparation that waited apprehension. His eyes fell on the stare case, and the eagerness in Coraleye's haste to get downstairs. His handed jutted to tell him to...

Hey wait for us, damnit. Rien said as he grinded his teeth and spiked four fans from his back. Turning to Mizuki he held his head on a curve, her hand was soft and for a moment he was rather oblivious. It took him a second to forget what he was doing as he blushed at the idea "thank you" it was so...foreign to a vigilante like himself. As Mizuki darted after them, Rien scratched his head.

I guess I'm not as bad as I make myself out to be, Rien half smiled. The boy rushed and jumped over the edge, detaching the fans to float behind him and paragliding down to the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back