• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spirit Panic!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards

The halls were empty, void of any sign of life down their long reaches. The only noise came from a pair of bare feet slowly strolling along these halls, the soft footsteps barely made an echo. A single right hand gently glided across the walls, only stopping to examine what was behind the next shoji door. Sliding open this door, Acesto peered inside. Another simple bedroom, adorned with a rather old fashioned Japanese style. This entire mansion fit that bill actually. From the wooden floor, white screen doors and windows, to the walkway with a view of an enclosed garden complete with a pond of koi fish. In this day and age a house such as this was quite anachronistic. Ace didn't mind however, this place clashed with the modern designs seen on the norm, and it was rather refreshing.

Sliding the door closed he turned to head back to the 'living room' where everyone else was. Right as the door hit the wall with a close he felt a sudden chill roll up his back. It made him shiver and turn around with a start. "...So it's like that huh?" He let out an amused sigh and continued on his way. This was certainly an interesting assignment the club had been given. They had been told this mansion was haunted, and seeing as they were the only local 'ghostbusters' they were sent to cleanse the place. The owner was staying in a hotel, meanwhile the club was allowed to stay at the mansion and make themselves at home.

Reaching the room where the rest of the club was Ace took a deep breath. "I'm back." He said, taking a seat in a chair, which seemed to just be a cushion with a chair-like back. "Well I've taken a look around and, this place is haunted for sure." He shifted his legs, crossing them on the wide cushion. It was s lot more comfortable than it looked. "What's odd however is that I sensed an unusually high amount of spirits here, and of all different types. I think we should be careful, I have a feeling more than a few will be violent."

Last edited:

luna008

"Bring them on!" Ashely exclaimed, going for her "L" position on a nice comfy chair to making a standing "CHARGE!" pose. Pip, who had been napping on her head flew around in at first a panic, but then in annoyance.

"Calm down Yang." Mizuki said from under her hand, which was planted on her face in embarsement where she sat on a sofa with a few of the others. She should be used to her own sister...right?,"Knowing regular ghosts, they'll come find us. So just sit down and relax please...".

"Oh cmon that's not any fun! Right Pip?" Pip's response was to go over to Mizuki's head and resume his nap. "Pip! You traitor!"

"Just chill down Yang." Mizuki loved her sister, she really did, but why did she have to be so gunho about everything? They weren't here to play around, and if they weren't careful, they would break something in the house and get in trouble with the owners. And if Mizuki wasn't careful, it would Ashely that does it. Taking care of ghosts was easier then looking after her sister.

IceBlueWings

もっともっと&#
Emilia, who smiled at Acesto's appearance, poured a hot cup of tea for him that she made for the group when they arrived at the mansion, taking heed of the owner's generous suggestion of 'making themselves at home'. "Welcome back from your stroll, Acesto. I hope it was rather pleasant." She said, pushing the cup of tea towards him and guessing from his expression that there were indeed ghostly presences within the building. Even she had felt something while she made the tea she found for the group. His conclusion only confirmed her guess, and she cast her eyes to her lap in dis appointment. Frankly, she'd rather avoid dealing with ghosts and hoped the owner was just being paranoid, but she couldn't just leave them alone either. She then giggled lightly at Ashley's burst of excitement and confidence and Mizuki's meek response.

"I think it's great that Ashley is excited, Mizuki. It's always a good boost for the team." Emilia then started playing with the end of her braided hair, her lips thinning to a straight line. It's a shame that despite their previous experiences with ghostly presences and name as the local 'ghostbusters', she inevitably feels afraid of the possibility of these ghosts would turn violent. And it wasn't just one or two, since according to Acesto, more than a few would turn violent. Despite her concerned thoughts, her lips lifted to a smile once again. There shouldn't be a need to feel terrified, as long as she was with everyone else.

"I suppose we'll get right to work, then?" She asked.

The sooner they finish, the better.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
"Pipe down, would ya?"

With those simple words he plants a rather forceful smack on to back of Ashley's head. It's during her moment of distraction that he walks over to the couch and takes his spot, still barely warm from when he last left it. He finally rolls up the sleeve to his shirt and eyes the cut on his forearm as if he was looking at a child that did something very annoying. In one swift movement he rolls the sleeve back down and looks over to Ace who evidently just got back from his scouting mission, getting done saying something about how there are several ghosts that would most likely turn violent.

"Turns out that's not the only problem this place has. Evidently this place being haunted is like a tracking beacon for thieves. I've already had to take out two of them on my patrol."

With that he moves the hair out of his eyes with his injured arm and reveals that on his left cheek is a new shiner, obviously still fresh based on how swollen it is. He finally gets an idea and looks around for something quickly before deciding that he can't find it. Typical that you can never find the remote to the tv when you really need it. He just simply shrugs it off and stands from his spot once more only to walk towards the large set against the wall. After a quick examination he finds what he needs and presses a small button on the side. After a few seconds the picture comes to life to reveal an aged man sitting behind a desk. Just the program he was looking for, the news.

"In other news, a local teen attending local high school was brought in for questioning on the rise in violence amongst gangs. This is what he had to say."

With that the screen shows an interrorgation room with two police officers and a young man wearing their school's uniform with his face blurred out. Ishiro makes his way back to his spot just as the camera pans to only show the young man. To people outside of the club, a feeling that it was him is really all that would be gotten. But to those from the club, most could automatically tell that it was him simply by the way that he spoke and the way that he sat in the chair.

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
The door opened and a friendly, charming voice chimed inside the living area.

“Ehh? Thieves? That’s scary!” the childish voice belong to a young man who walked inside with a bright smile. On his back, however, was another teenager much taller than the first. His head was drooped over the younger’s shoulder and a placid, expressionless face was worn by him. The second looked at everyone with his one good eye and sighed.

“Can I just go home?” Nao, the eyepatch wearing boy, whined. He didn’t seem too bothered being carried by Yui, the younger and shorter teen. Yui, however, didn’t seem to be having any problem carrying Nao, piggyback style, no strains of effort were apparent.

“No way Nao!” Yui turned around quickly in order to meet Nao face-to-face, but forgot that he was carrying him and violently slammed Nao’s face into the dresser beside them, “You have to help, it’s for the good of the world!”

Nao mumbled out a string of incoherent noise, presumably complaints. Yui didn’t take account for this and walked more into the living area, set down the dazed Nao on an empty couch and sat right next to him.

Getting Nao motivated to do anything was impossible, Yui had realized that early on into their friendship. But Nao isn’t the type to run from a situation or try to avoid it, apparently it would take too much effort to walk back home. So, if one can manage to get Nao at the specified area, he would stay until prompted to leave. That’s where Yui came in. He would simply pick Nao up, and literally drag him to wherever he needed to be.

Nao didn’t complain – well, he did, but didn’t physically do anything – and everyone was happy. Save Nao, of course.

“Thieves and murderers are scary,” remarked Yui, “They have those scary faces, and go ‘roar!’. I don’t want to deal with them!”

“You’re scary than a normal thief,” said Nao as he sat up, indifferent to the cut on his forehead.

“Ehh? Don’t joke around like that!” Yui cried, laughing wildly. He patted Nao’s back forcefully and caused him to slam, face first, into the glass coffee table. The table shattered and its structure was rendered moot as it split neatly in half.

Nao sat back up, bleeding, but still look bored and uninterested. He even yawned to express his lack of apathy.

“I don’t joke,” is all he said to Yui before turning his attention to Ace, “But anyways. I shouldn’t be here, after all, I am missing My Little Pony.”

“That’s okay,” Yui promised, “I’m recording it at home. We can watch together after this!”
After several seconds of silence from the two, Nao said, with a straight face and a monotone voice, “Ahh, I’m bleeding. Teacher, can I go to the nurse?”

“Nonsense! All you need is some spit!”

Yui prepared to hock up some saliva but, Nao stopped him, placing his hand over Yui’s mouth.

“Never mind, I miraculously healed.” Nao removed his hand from Yui’s mouth, to find it filled with saliva.

“By the way, who is going to pay for the coffee table?” Yui asked.

Raspberyl

To Hayden, who had been jumping up and plopping down on her spot on the sofa for minutes now, sitting still was proving to be impossible. Ugh. This was her least favorite part, the waiting until the more hostile spirits decide to show and start attacking. It always dragged on for longer than she liked. Couldn't the spirits just forgo the creepy haunting and just attack right away for once?

She was extremely relieved when the door finally slid open, signalling that Ace was done scouting. Waiting a moment longer would have driven her to recklessly shoot up some sparks, and who knows what she would've burned down. Ace came back with exciting news about there being a high amount of spirits—finally some action—and Ichiro added that there were also thieves in the perimeter.

She was getting fired up. "So, can we go take care of it now or—" she paused midsentence, easily distracted by the program Ichiro had just tuned in to. She gasped in awe, and pointed at the screen incredulously. "Whoa, Ichi! You're on TV! What did you do this time?"

She watched the news, though she didn't really pay attention to what was being said. She was really just waiting to see if Ichiro would pick a fight with the police on camera. "I bet you OHKO'd someone..." she mused.

She managed to sit through it placidly enough, but then Yui burst in with Nao on his back, and her attention was again diverted. You see, her attention span was like her patience: nonexistent. It was difficult to get her to focus on one thing for too long, but she could watch a two-hour movie involving those two. She loved the duo's comically outlandish rapport; they never fail to make her laugh. Even now, she burst out laughing at their hijinks.

She wondered if she should be worried about the damaged properties, but figured the more mature members of the cub, Emilia or Ace, could deal with that and resumed laughing at the weird conversation Nao and Yui were having.

"You guys are gonna scare away all the spirits!" she said in between her laughter.

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
It had to have been a whole hour since Almeda had been in the mansion. Half of the time he was the first person to arrive on the scene but, he had his moments of either complete laziness or he would lack the sense to keep up with the time. He was glad that Ace had arrived but, they were still missing two more members. Even if they didn't show up, with Ace, Almeda and Yui there, this place would be cleaned up pretty quick. Then again their powers were always the best compliments for eachother though as the eldest, he had to do some degree of watching out for the others. His eyes drifted around the room, smiling at his friends. It was hard to tell that only a year ago that Almeda was the anti-social cool guy who never knew that their were others within his school that were attuned to the para-normal. Though it was unfortunate that he was the only half demon in the group.

Stepping out of the door way, Almeda made his way into the kitchen. He was quite parched from his daily workout and the refrigator looked like god on earth to him. Opening it, the bright light nearly blinded him but, it didn't stop him from seeing the beautiful Sprite sitting on the top shelf. He loved that beverage more then life itself and had to have one atleast twice a day. As soon as he closed the fridge door, his demonic senses began picking upon a stronger presence of the supernatural. The owner was right to let the club investigate since whenever Almeda's senses were on the alarm then it was usually something in the place. He walked back into the living room with his eyes on the hallway.

"I think i'm going to do some exploring. Anyone care to join me? We might even get to meet some new people." The half demon took another sip of the 2-liter Sprite while his left hand ran through his hair.

luna008

"HEY!You jerk!" Ashely yelled right at Ishiro...after she picked herself off the floor which she fell. Pip flew angerily around Ishiro like a wasp, tugging at his hair and even once kicking him right in the face. No one was going to mess with his human. Ashely watched the news till it went off, then Ashely went directly up to Ishiro and asked, "So you got in another fight huh? Don't you know any self control? You're going to get yourself killed one of these days!" It was true that Ashely couldn't stand him at times, but she really didn't want anything bad to happen to Ishiro. He may not act like it, but deep down....really really deep down, she knew he was a good person. But she was still going to annoy him of course!

Mizuki looked at her sister for a minute with a vacant stare before addressing Emilia while taking a sip of the tea that she had made for the group "There's a diffrence between good excited and bad excited my friend. My sister is border line bad excited." 'Of course,' Mizuki thought to herself as she looked around at the others in the room, 'With these guys, bad excited is good excited..."

When Ashely heard Almeda ask if anybody wanted to explore with him, Ashely was on him like Pip on anything sugery. "Me!I want to go explore! I don't want to sit around in this room anymore just talking! I want to find the ghosts! Let's go let's go!"

Mizuiki looked back at Emilia, after she used her powers to quickly heal Noa's face, and asked, "Did you put something in my sisters drink to make her hyper?"

Last edited:

IceBlueWings

&#12418;&#12387;&#12392;&#12418;&#12387;&#12392;&#
"Turns out that's not the only problem this place has. Evidently this place being haunted is like a tracking beacon for thieves. I've already had to take out two of them on my patrol."

Oh my, Emilia thought. Perhaps thieves aren't as bad as ghosts. Or should it be the other way around?

"In other news, a local teen attending local high school was brought in for questioning on the rise in violence amongst gangs. This is what he had to say."

"Whoa, Ichi! You're on TV! What did you do this time?"

She looked at the screen of the television with a detached expression. She turned her face to look at Ichiro for a second, and then grinned. "What, indeed?" She asked.

Crash! The coffee table breaks into half and obviously completely unusable. This was clearly not the owner's expectation of 'making themselves at home'.

“Ahh, I’m bleeding. Teacher, can I go to the nurse?”

“Nonsense! All you need is some spit!”

Emilia looked at the two boys who just entered. They were by far the two most amusing characters she has met in this group, and she even recalled telling the two that her first impression of them was that they were very odd--wonderful and interesting, but odd. She couldn't help but laugh at their conversation.

But it was unexpected...no, it wasn't unexpected. It was bound to happen. The broken shards of glass scattered around the floor where the glass table broke by the two boys were rather distressing. She wasn't quite sure which she should be more worried about--Nao's terrible injury or the broken and probably expensive coffee table.

Hearing Mizuki's explanation of bad excitement and good excitement, Emilia chuckled. And then Mizuki asked her whether she had placed something inside Ashley's drink.

"What? No, of course not." She said, waving her hand dismissively with a soft laugh. "I think your sister is naturally, a hundred percent hyper even without consuming anything." She paused, wondering if Mizuki would feel even more distressed from what she said. "Which is great!" She added quickly in hopes of easing her friend's concerns.

"I think I'm going to do some exploring. Anyone care to join me? We might even get to meet some new people."

Emilia, who opened her mouth slightly to volunteer was cut when she heard Ashley's enthusiastic response. She stood up. "I would like to as well, if it's alright. I haven't got a good look around the place yet." She said, ready to go.

Awards
Acesto scratched his head in thought, his right hand running through his hair as his eyes went from the shattered glass on the floor, to the T.V. He was expecting some sort of damage to occur to the house, and in fact had spoken with the owner about it. That damage was meant to have been caused by their bouts with any hostile spirits, not clumsy hi-jinks. He wasn't upset however, this sort of thing was the norm for those two and he had long since gotten used to it. Standing to his feet he walked over to an open window. "Thieves huh? Well I'm just going to assume you strung them up somewhere for the police to deal with Ishiro. We've got enough to deal with already." He stuck his head out the window, looking left and right in the near pitch black darkness. He saw nothing, and closed the heavy window. Turning around he walked back towards the others, Almeda wanted to go looking for spirits as well. "I doubt you'll find anything, at most you may simply walk into a trap, or have your heads messed with." Ace sighed and crossed his arms. "While I was out in the west wing I got a message from one of them, it was quite clear so I know at least that spirit is powerful." He looked to the floor for a second,as if contemplating whether or not to tell them. "It spoke right into my head and said.... 'Leave, or you and your friends shall suffer a fate worse than death.'"

A few seconds passed, as Ace said nothing. The only noise came from the television though the silence was still getting too heavy. Ace broke it with a chuckle. "Rather cliche if you ask me, however I think we should be extra careful right now. So if we are going to be splitting up, we have to think this through. I just came back from the west wing, and can confirm that it's not the safest place to be right now, the same will have to be assumed of the entire house. I don't want any of us roaming around without a Pacifier and a Purifier present." Ace stopped talking and moved over towards a set of stairs. There were two, and each one curved to the second floor. There was a large door between the stairs, stone with metal studs and reinforcements. It looked out of place in this mansion, and when he first arrived here Ace noticed that it seemed as if the entire place was built around it. He also noticed that it was locked. He had called the owner about it, and received a swift denial of any knowledge of what was behind it. He was curious, however there was no getting past it for now.

Last edited:

nightmarezeroX9

Let's Get Down To Business
The many things going on in the room at the moment could be described odd at best, but nonetheless, the people being odd usually meant well. Sitting in a chair placed in the corner of the room, Satoshi merely observed everything going on, from Ashley's excessive burst of happiness, to Nao falling face first into a glass table. It was known things like that were probably going to occur, but under different circumstances. Acesto was also back from his little patrol, and talking about some thieves being about and all. Didn't really sound pretty fun, as a matter of fact it wasn't fun at all. Honestly, Satoshi just wanted to get the hell out as quickly as possible. This place wasn't exactly a friendly looking environment. Almeda had suggested going out and exploring, and it sounded ten times better then sitting in this stuffy room full of a bunch of people. Not that he didn't like everyone he was with, he just didn't like being in a room filled with people.

Standing up, one of the weasels that were sitting on his lap rolled down his leg and onto the ground. Shaking its fur, it looked back up to Satoshi, almost giving him a grimacing look. The weasel then leaped up onto his left shoulder, and stayed perched there, watching the surrounding almost like a hawk. Another weasel, which was resting on the arm of the chair, looked up and knew exactly what to do. It followed suit, leaping onto his right shoulder, although it looked a little more tired than it's identical sibling. And last but not least, the third and final weasel, who was already resting on Satoshi's head, remained there, but being careful not to dig its incredibly sharp claws into his skull and ending his life short. The Kamaitachi weasels, three triplet weasels, all of which were classified as male, with pretty incredible power. They were capable of practically floating beside Satoshi, but for some reason they seemed incredibly comfortable perching themselves somewhere on his body. Looking to his left, he picked up his double bladed sword, and a leather with a buckle, and a holder where he placed his sword. Wrapping it around his shoulder and letting it go down to his waist, he attached the buckle together, and placed his weapon in the holder. Him having to move his arm caused both of the weasels on his shoulder to leap off, and begin floating next to him. Luckily for him, they stayed there, while the other moved down to his right shoulder. Much more comfortable than earlier.

"Alright then, since it's been decided now that we can go about freely, I for one, am going to go. It's too stuffy to stick around in this place any longer." With that he made his way to the door, and stepped out of the room, into the open foyer. With that, he began his trek up the rather large staircase. He would begin his search on the second floor.

luna008

I don't want any of us roaming around without a Pacifier and a Purifier present."

"Yang, I want you to stay here." Mizuki asked...well, more liked ordered in Ashley's mind. It wasn't like Mizuki was trying to be mean or controling of Ashley though. Even though Mizuki had grown up with most of these people, she had never really been one of their partners before. And Ashely had spent her life from 9 to 14 in California living with their dad. So basically, they were only used to each other and it would be best if they just stayed in the same room in case a spirit did try to attack them...Okay, so keeping an eye on Ashley would probably be eaiser if she was in the same room as Mizuki.

"You're no fun Yin!" Ashley pouted, but she didn't try to leave. As much as she wanted to go explore the mansion with the others, if her sister wanted to stay there she would to. It was that kind of loyatly to her twin sister that brought her back to New Japan in the first place. That, and she had lost the one thing she liked about the mainland shortly before coming over, but this was not the time to be thinking of that.

There was a large door between the stairs, stone with metal studs and reinforcements. It looked out of place in this mansion, and when he first arrived here Ace noticed that it seemed as if the entire place was built around it. He also noticed that it was locked. He had called the owner about it, and received a swift denial of any knowledge of what was behind it. He was curious, however there was no getting past it for now.

"Yo, Ace! I can try to pick the lock open if you want." Ashely suggested. Lock picking was just one of the many (most of them probably bad) things she learened while in California.

Last edited:
Awards
Still eying the large stone door with an inquisitive gleam in his eyes Ace heard Ashley chime in behind him. She wanted to try and unlock the door for him. Speaking of the lock he took a closer look at just what was binding this door closed. It was placed square in the center, and it wasn't normal in any way. There was a 'keyhole' however whatever the key was it must be huge, because the space where it would go was wide enough for a baseball bat to fit inside. He wanted to get to the other side of this door, however he'd need to find that key first. Turning away from the door he flashed Ashely a small smile. "I appreciate you trying to help out Ashley, however you'd have to be some kinda MASTER of UNLOCKING to get this thing open."He chuckled to himself at the subtle joke and moved towards the steps.

"I'm going to check the master bedroom upstairs, Hayden." He said, attempting to get the girl's attention. "Why don't you come with me? I'll need a Pacifier." He didn't look back to her however, instead he was looking at the sliding door at the top of the steps. If what the owner had told him was anything to go by then behind that door was the master bedroom. If there was any place to look for clues, he figured it was the best place to look.

Last edited:

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
"I swear. You try to take care of one ghost in the hideout for some gang and they all think that you're a spy. Bad enough that the cops decided to get involved for once."

Ishiro quickly turns off the tv with the remote that he just found and looks to Ace as he mentions something about how he strung up the thieves some place for the cops to deal with them. Ishiro fights a laugh at the irony of that and thinks about how he just happened to toss them into some form of water, maybe a sewer. He then pushes himself to his feet and walks over to Ace at the mention of exploring the area. He thinks about how this particular team-up might seem a bit odd seeing as how one of them likes to simply work alone and the other happens to be someone that tends to follow rules, at least in cases like this.

"Alright, Ace. I'll be you Pacifier. ...Or am I the Purifier? Just tell me what to hit and I'll hit it hard."

He smiles as he slams his fist hard into the palm of his left hand and assumes his demonic form in that instant. He can make the transformation seem a bit more flashy, but why bother with this group? If nothing else he can assume the role of a type of spiritual battery for the more malevolent spirits to draw their energy from. It's only then that he realizes that Ashley offered to pick the lock on the giant door. He looks to the girl and then back to Ace before deciding to remain silent. It's then that he looks to the door itself and places a hand on it. He eyes the keyhole and thinks that he just might be able to break it.

"If you want, Ace, I can try to break the door down. If nothing else I can try to break the lock off. It should be easy enough if I use one of my weapons."

IceBlueWings

&#12418;&#12387;&#12392;&#12418;&#12387;&#12392;&#
Hearing Acesto's order, Emilia nodded in agreement. It would be best that there was always a Pacifier and Purifier present together, as their powers complement each other. Despite Acesto's words, Satoshi walked out on his own, saying it was too stuffy being in here. His irresponsible actions irked her a little, but she dismissed the feeling. "Perhaps I should go after him." Emilia said.

She slid open the door and giving the group a smile, she closed it gently. Maybe Satoshi had quick feet, or maybe she had stayed in the room for a little too long, because he was no longer in the foyer. She was sure he was capable of fighting on his own, but even so, she was still concerned. As she made her way to the staircase, she spotted him walking up.

"Please wait, Satoshi. I'll accompany you." She called out to him, and as she caught up to him, she gave a confident smile. "Who knows, I may be able to give adequate backup." She said as she pumped her fist in the air gently, and then dropped her arm to her side. "I promise I would not cause much trouble to you." She said in a friendly tone.

She looked up to the top of the stairs, and noticed that the large staircase made the mansion look a little creepy. In addition to that, she guessed that the mansion would be rather creepy at night. And there was no doubt that she felt some presence around the house. A small chill ran up her spine which she ignored vehemently. "Let's continue."

Raspberyl

Wiping tears of mirth from her eyes, Hayden took a moment to catch her breath while Ace recounted a spirit's creepy message. There was a brief moment of silence afterward, and it was all she could do to hold the giggle bubbling in her throat. 'Suffer a fate worse than death?' Pfft.

The group was splitting now--to divide and conquer--and Ace suggested for the logical Purifier/Pacifier team up. Her spiritual perception wasn't as strong as the rest of the members', so when they were at this stage, just lingering spirits with subtle malign intentions, she can barely sense them. Now her sense for demons is a different story, and far too acute for her liking. It probably had something to do with having angel blood, and the whole trite demon versus angel notion. Whatever it was, it could get annoying being so sensitive to their presence, especially when Almeda and Ishiro weren't exempt from this.

In any case, past experiences taught her to stick close to the Purifiers when the spirits weren't blatantly making their presence obvious. Now it was just a matter of picking which group would lead to the action. She looked over the club members. Inseparable as always, the twins were going together, and Emilia just followed Satoshi out. She looked to Nao and Yui, gauging the chance of any more hilarious antics happening and wondering if she should tag along with them, when Ace called out to her.

She beamed. "Roger, boss!" she exclaimed, excitedly running up to him and childishly linking her arm with his. She'd always looked up to him, and not just literally. Mature, compassionate, and composed, she thought he fit the bill for the ideal leader and she idolized him for that. She tended to obey his orders absolutely. "Let's go!"

She noticed he'd been staring at something upstairs for a while now and followed his gaze to the sliding door. She saw nothing out of the norm, so whatever fascinated him about that door was probably a Purifiers-only inside information kind of thing. She kept it in mind though, making a mental note to be more wary around that area.

Before they got going, Ishiro volunteers teaming up with Ace and she had to pout at him for overlooking her."Ishiii," she called out, "I wanna team up with boss too."

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
It has to be a sin to be that annoying, shit...

Asagi had wandered off the moment everyone had decided to be loud and annoying, which was almost immediately after the tough guy entered the room and quickly went on about his pathetic thief catching. She didn't even want to be here, but her dad, her aunt, even her grandfather all thought it was important to learn to work with others. Well, it wasn't happening. It wasn't in her to be so chummy, and loud, and ecstatic, and ...just ...breathe, breathe in deeply...

Asagi took a deep breath and exhaled slowly before she continued to slowly turn the pages through the large textbook resting on her lap. The air around the library was so far peaceful and undisturbed, and that really didn't bother her. If she was lucky, the try-hards would finish things up soon enough and she didn't need to worry about the stupid 'support' thing. For now, she quietly rested in a wooden chair near a window, letting the moon serve as most of her light. The candles she managed to light with her energies, well, she preferred natural light any day.

"...This book almost makes me want to go back to school and learn a little more than stick around here playing Ghostbusters ..what do you think Lulu?"
Asagi looked to her black cat resting on the window sill behind her. She raised her tail and wagged it a little, sitting her head up and mewling in response. A soft, quiet response. Something she liked ..something she could appreciate.

"Glad to know you agree ..we'll see what tonight brings. I'm just destined to be alone forever anyway."
Facing forward again, she turned a page to learn just a little more about the ancient pharaoh's of Egypt. This stuff was actually really cool to know. At first her interests were solely in fighting but she had since considered traveling a little to see some of the places in these books. This spirit and ghost thing was for people like her ancestors, but not her ...pfft, her mom would've skipped out on it too she bet.

I could be training with grandpa and dad back at home ...mom would be a blessing too ..this is a waste of my time.

Awards
Ace laughed nervously at Ichiro. They had already destroyed a table, he'd like to avoid any further damage to the house. "I don't think that's a good idea, maybe as a last resort, but not while we still have other options." He said, turning his attention to Hayden as she ran over to him and grabbed his arm. He didn't really mind her doing this however it wasn't really necessary. "You know, we don't have to be 'this' close." He said nonchalantly, as if he were telling her a piece of trivia she might not have known. She might not have heard him however as her attention was suddenly on Ichiro, who was offering to come along. "You can come if you want, we're just looking around however so bunching together might not be the most effective plan of action." He stated, not really wanting to blow off his ally.

Ichiro didn't HAVE to do what he said, After all he wasn't really the leader of the club, though it sure felt that way sometimes. "How about checking the lower East wing? No one else has headed there yet aside from Asagi. I'm sure she's fine on her own, however I'd feel more comfortable having at least two people there to check up on things." Ace rubbed his chin with his free hand, wondering if there was anything else he wanted to say. There wasn't so he relaxed. "Come on Hayden." He said, making sure he had her focus. Reaching the top of the stairs he placed his right hand over the sliding door. It felt unnaturally cold, and there was the familiar aura of imminent discord leaking from it. "Be on guard." He said in a stoic tone to Hayden. He had become visibly tenser as he was clearly serious. Grabbing the doors handle he slid it open with one swift pull. Stepping inside he noticed that it was in fact colder than the rest of the house, he could even see his breath.

The room was dark, having no windows or light sources. Reaching into his right pocket he pulled out a black flashlight. Pushing a button a strong beam of light emitted from it illuminating the room more. He could clearly see the furnishings of the room now. Starting from the left side there was a wardrobe, with a large mirror next to it. In the center of the room was just a round table, odd for a bedroom. On the right side of the room was the bed, which looked to be just larger than a standard king size. There was no pillow, just a thin looking white sheet which didn't look very warming. On the right side of the bed was a wooden dresser. What looked to be a white cloth was sticking out of it, though upon closer inspection the dresser was locked with a simple mechanism. On the left side of the bed was an eye catching glass cabinet. Inside was a set of samurai armor, complete with a katana. "Can you check that Dresser? Looks like something's wrapped up inside. I'm going to check by that mirror." He moved towards the left side of the room, his intent set on the large wooden wardrobe first. Opening it he found only a few sets of dress clothes, neatly lined up. Well, dead end here.

Last edited:

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
"Asagi? Talk about a fate worse than death. Oh well. At least it will be quiet around her."

He shrugs at the suggestion and reverts back to his original form before walking away from the group. It's at this point that he takes the time to check out the various forms of art that line some of the halls. He stops briefly at one of the busts on a pedestal, and takes the time to examine the details. After several seconds of his inspection he nods approvingly at the statue and makes his way down the hall until he notices a replica of some ancient piece of art. He looks at the squares that compose the piece and even tilts his head as if trying to find a hidden picture.

"Reminds me of my days in pre-school."

After some minutes of walking he eventually finds himself in the library looking at Asagi and her pet cat. He takes the time to let his eyes adjust before walking to the table that she's sitting at and falls into one of the empty seats. He quickly takes out a sheet of paper from his pocket with a pen and writes down that Ace sent him to be her partner on the investigation just for peace of mind. After that he slides the paper over into her area and leans back with his eyes closed. If she ever decided to move, he'd be able to hear her movements, unless he happens to fall asleep in the darkness with the soft glow of the candles.

Raspberyl

Hayden laughed off Ace's rather nice attempt to brush off her clinginess, and dropped his arm obediently though she still stuck close. She grinned at Ichiro's quip about Asagi. Asagi could be a bit difficult to get along with sometimes, but Hayden always found her aggressiveness amusing. Her biting remarks were pretty good too.

"Come on, Hayden."

Ace had to call her, aware of how easily her mind wanders, and she nodded and quickly followed him up the stairs. She could see him getting tenser as they neared the door; she didn't know what he was sensing, but the rigidity of his frame meant it wasn't something to make light of. He warned her to be on guard, and she did so, taking on an offensive stance as she walked in the dark room after him.

She was supposed to be used to dark, ominous rooms possibly filled with vengeful spirits, but she could never help but get a little creeped out in the beginning. After all, it was only frightening when she couldn't see what she had to face. She flicked her fingers up a few times, and small orbs of light appeared at each flick. The lights circled around her, looking almost like fireflies, and cast a dim glow around her. They didn't last long, but she replaced them every time one burned out.

"Can you check that dresser? Looks like something's wrapped up inside."

"Roger that, boss."

Hayden made her way to the wooden dresser, and generated a few more orbs of light for a better look at it. She tugged at a white cloth sticking out of it, to no avail, and moved on to inspect the mechanism that kept it locked. She put a finger on it and conjured up a tiny explosive globule that basically destroyed the lock.

"Now, what's in here?" she wondered out loud. She braced herself for whatever was in and hurriedly opened all the drawers of the dresser. Then she jumped back, hand in the shape of a gun and pointed at the dresser, the white wrapping cloth in particular, ready to shoot her pyrotechnics. She saw nothing out of the ordinary in the drawers, but she wouldn't know if there weren't any spirits there laughing at her right now.

"Ace," she called out, hand still pointed at the seemingly harmless dresser, "is there anything there?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back