• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

SPARKLE SPARKLE! (Just a question about Xion's death)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
But he didn't crystalize. And it's not that sparkly. And why did Xion not have dark stuff surrounding her??

Repliku was made of the memories and darkness in Riku's heart. Xion was made of the memories of Sora's. Because of the darkness, Repliku had darkydeath, while Xion had none. As for the sparkles... I think they're almost always present in every death. And now the crystals... Didn't every organization member die sort of... by their own element? When Marluxia died, petals emnated from him. When Axel dies, fire come off of him. The crystals must be representing light.

EDIT: Actually... never mind. Just saw a post from before. Disregard that last part.

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
My theory, it looked more like ice than crystals. Since Vexen made the replica's, and his element is ice, he probally used his ice when making her, meaning the bodies of the replicas are just ice, taken the form of humans. As for Repliku, when he was fading, it was Dark Fiagra, that was the darkness he was falling into, and that was melting the ice, leaving like, a hologram of him and his emo self.

You know what? This accually makes sense. Where else could Vexen have gotten the Bodies of the Replica's from? It's not like there are bodies falling from the sky you know. Now all that's left for explaination is what they used to create Riku Replica's Heart.....

Gram

Banned
Awards
Because she was a L'CIE
Bam.
XD this^ obeviously!
her focus was to ruin days and die.

Riku Replica was a prototype. That means they weren't built the same, so naturally they don't die the same.
also since repliku was based off riku who uses darkness, it kinda makes since that he'd die like he did.

wait if he was made that way y did that need namine to implant the real rikus memories in him?
i thought vexen just made him based on data he accuired in their fight :/

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
wait if he was made that way y did that need namine to implant the real rikus memories in him?
i thought vexen just made him based on data he accuired in their fight :/

Nah, the replicas already existed as blank dolls BEFORE Vexen put any data in them. I could find some quotes from the novels if you like...

You guys are really over thinking things. It was mostly for dramatic effect

^This.

When Axel dies, fire come off of him. The crystals must be representing light.

I thought Axel died cause he was on fire. Like, he blew himself up on purpose? When he was actually dying he was just kind of... melting black stuff. Like Demyx. I watched his death scene again and he didn't dissolve into bubbles, only his sitar did. The rest of him died into black wisps and smoke.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Nah, the replicas already existed as blank dolls BEFORE Vexen put any data in them. I could find some quotes from the novels if you like...
:) thanx but the whole replica concept dont matter to me honestly.

Silfarion

I thought Axel died cause he was on fire. Like, he blew himself up on purpose? When he was actually dying he was just kind of... melting black stuff. Like Demyx. I watched his death scene again and he didn't dissolve into bubbles, only his sitar did. The rest of him died into black wisps and smoke.

A bit of fire and ash came out of him after he blew himself up. So he was kinda on fire.

About that crystal thingi, I think that those are actually memories taking physical form. Riku Replica didn't have any memories taken from someone else (as far as I know they are pure creations of Vexen; are they?), while Xion was created by memory and data of Roxas (or Sora? I'm getting confused).

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards

Oh, Axel, you fucking bastard. Speaking of him, the English took a lot of the fire out. When he's lying there talking, a little bit of flames sort of crinkle where his chest is as he fades away. Like so (skip tot 2:45):

Anyway, some of them did die with some elemental properties, along with what their bodies were made of (the wisps = Darkness). However, it wasn't like Xion, whose body technically crystallized from head to toe, and broke apart in glitter.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
A bit of fire and ash came out of him after he blew himself up. So he was kinda on fire.

About that crystal thingi, I think that those are actually memories taking physical form. Riku Replica didn't have any memories taken from someone else (as far as I know they are pure creations of Vexen; are they?), while Xion was created by memory and data of Roxas (or Sora? I'm getting confused).

I still don't think he dissolved into his element as he died though...

And no, the Riku Replica did have memories taken from Riku. Vexen took memories from him the first time they fought. He calls it 'data', though.

Vexen: Ha ha ha... This battle has made it clear. The darkness coursing through you is a tremendous power. All you needed was the right provocation.
Riku: Great. So this was a trick?
Vexen: Precisely. Your fiery reaction provided just the data I needed. You have my thanks, Riku!

Lexaeus: Where did Vexen go?
Zexion: He's off using Riku's data to create some kind of replica.

The game novels explain that this 'data' is made from memories:

Castle Oblivion, basement floor ten.
“So you’re Riku.” Vexen had been lying in wait for Riku, who had just arrived on the floor.
If we did things according to my research, it would theoretically be possible to transfer memories and abilities to a doll without the power of the witch. Yes—according to my replica project.
“Who are you—a friend of Ansem’s?”
“A friend of Ansem’s—that’s half right, I suppose. But I’ll tell you this, he’s different to the Ansem you know. He’s Ansem, but then he’s not… that is to say, he’s ‘nobody’.” Vexen closed in on Riku. I can sense a mighty dark power in Riku. Perhaps that power could exceed even that of the Keyblade Hero.
“He’s nobody? Huh—I’m in a really bad mood right now. Be clearer.”
“A being that walks the twilight, belonging to neither darkness nor light? Heh heh heh… have you noticed? That’s right, just like the one in this realm between darkness and light; you. I’m the same. In other words, we are fellow similar beings.”
“—Maybe.” Riku casually levelled the Soul Eater. “So what. You’re going to say ‘join me’, or something? Like you said, there’s dark power left in me. But the darkness is my enemy! And, reeking of darkness, so are you.”
“Hey. You’d really do it, wouldn’t you. But I have hope! Keep me company!” A battle is a way to obtain Riku’s powers. I am primarily a researcher, and the odds are against me, but—there’s no other way. If I can only draw out his maximum power while he’s right in front of me, that will suffice. If I could mass produce replicas, the Organisation would acquire even more power than present. For they are not a breed of Emblem Heartless.
Riku swung the Soul Eater down, which Vexen deflected with his ice shield.
“Show me your rage—and the power of the darkness within you!” With every swing of his blade, his power and memories are being accumulated—as data.
“I’m—I’m…!”
“You still cannot stop yourself from using your dark powers—let’s go.”
Facing Riku, Vexen moved in to a suitable proximity, and swung his shield down. Riku handled the attack with ease. “Excellent!” yelled Vexen, unconsciously.
“…So this is part of your plan,” said Riku, looking displeased, still holding out the Soul Eater.
“Thanks to your hot headedness, I was able to take useful data for my research. Many thanks, Riku,” said Vexen, and disappeared, leaving a loud laugh behind him. Now all I have to do is plant these memories into that doll, for a start…

Speaking of him, the English took a lot of the fire out. When he's lying there talking, a little bit of flames sort of crinkle where his chest is as he fades away. Like so (skip tot 2:45):
...Sorry, I really couldn't see the flames as he faded. All I could see was the black stuff that comes out of all the Org members when they die...

Anyway, some of them did die with some elemental properties, along with what their bodies were made of (the wisps = Darkness). However, it wasn't like Xion, whose body technically crystallized from head to toe, and broke apart in glitter.

I just watched all their deaths.

BLACK AND WHITE SMOKE AND BLACK WISPS: Xigbar, Vexen, Lex, Zex (though we don't actually see him fade completely), Larxene
BLACK SMOKE AND BLACK WISPS: Xaldin, Saix, Axel (though black wisps and embers and fire come out when he's blowing up), Luxord
BLACK AND WHITE SMOKE AND BLACK WISPS AND NOBODY ZIGZAGS: Xemnas
BLACK SMOKE AND BLACK WISPS AND BLUE LIGHT AND BUBBLE NOISES: Demyx
BLACK AND WHITE SMOKE AND BLACK WISPS: Marly
GLOWING BLUE THEN TURNING INTO BALLS OF BLUE LIGHT FOR A SECOND THEN MAKING SORA GLOW BLUE: Roxas

....I can understand Xemnas and Marly having special deaths being Game Bosses and all, but why on earth was Demyx's death different?

In any case, apart from Demyx and Marly none of them really turned into their elements. And Xigbar died crouching on the ground, which is like, the opposite of his element :p

I still say Axel's death wasn't 'fading into fire'.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
...Sorry, I really couldn't see the flames as he faded. All I could see was the black stuff that comes out of all the Org members when they die...

I just watched all their deaths.

BLACK AND WHITE SMOKE AND BLACK WISPS: Xigbar, Vexen, Lex, Zex (though we don't actually see him fade completely), Larxene
BLACK SMOKE AND BLACK WISPS: Xaldin, Saix, Axel (though black wisps and embers and fire come out when he's blowing up), Luxord
BLACK AND WHITE SMOKE AND BLACK WISPS AND NOBODY ZIGZAGS: Xemnas
BLACK SMOKE AND BLACK WISPS AND BLUE LIGHT AND BUBBLE NOISES: Demyx
BLACK AND WHITE SMOKE AND BLACK WISPS: Marly
GLOWING BLUE THEN TURNING INTO BALLS OF BLUE LIGHT FOR A SECOND THEN MAKING SORA GLOW BLUE: Roxas

....I can understand Xemnas and Marly having special deaths being Game Bosses and all, but why on earth was Demyx's death different?

In any case, apart from Demyx and Marly none of them really turned into their elements. And Xigbar died crouching on the ground, which is like, the opposite of his element :p

I still say Axel's death wasn't 'fading into fire'.

Demyx didn't die in "blue light": that was water. There's no mistaking it - it even created a dome. I honestly thought Xigbar had a bit of his element too (space): when he starts to fade, in the every beginning, the air sort of has a a bit of force and wavers. There's streaks of something.

zteenwi.jpg

I'm certain about Axel, though. It's not much, just a tiny, teensy wee bit of a flame, but it is there:

zLittleFlame.jpg

But again, none of them were like Xion's. Not even Riku Replica's. He drowned in a sea of Darkness under him, and the rare blue dots we see are usually there every time a portal opens - so it's more or less the actual essence.

Xion's WHOLE BODY crystallized, broke apart, and floated into the sky in glittery, shiny particles to Sora. It's more than simple elemental properties here.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Demyx didn't die in "blue light": that was water. There's no mistaking it - it even created a dome.

It was more like a pillar, and it faded like light at the end. Though it made bubble noises so I can accept it being water, I'm sure there was light there too.

I honestly thought Xigbar had a bit of his element too (space): when he starts to fade, in the every beginning, the air sort of has a a bit of force and wavers. There's streaks of something.

Well, Larxene and Lex had the same streaky thing going on too, if you watch. Idk why some do and some don't...

I'm certain about Axel, though. It's not much, just a tiny, teensy wee bit of a flame, but it is there:

zLittleFlame.jpg
I've watched and watched both English and Japanese, and I can't see anything but that green portal starting to show behind the holes in his fading body...

But again, none of them were like Xion's. Not even Riku Replica's. He drowned in a sea of Darkness under him, and the rare blue dots we see are usually there every time a portal opens - so it's more or less the actual essence.

Xion's WHOLE BODY crystallized, broke apart, and floated into the sky in glittery, shiny particles to Sora. It's more than simple elemental properties here.

Yeah, it's definitely not cause of her element.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
It was more like a pillar, and it faded like light at the end. Though it made bubble noises so I can accept it being water, I'm sure there was light there too.

Both, then, but there was water, for sure xD.

Well, Larxene and Lex had the same streaky thing going on too, if you watch. Idk why some do and some don't...

Who knows too. I guess that's probably an automatic thing when you fade.

I've watched and watched both English and Japanese, and I can't see anything but that green portal starting to show behind the holes in his fading body...

Goldpanner, I'm sure that you cannot miss that yellow flame that I red circled when in comparison to the whole background in that image :/. It's there in the Japanese, just not the English.

omgarewedebating? o:

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Both, then, but there was water, for sure xD.

Agreed!

Who knows too. I guess that's probably an automatic thing when you fade.

Well, some have streaks and some don't. Some have white smoke come out and some don't. But they all have black smoke and black wisps, even Demyx. Actually Roxas didn't, but he didn't really die as such, he just got absorbed, and he didn't even have a body TO wisp away at that point, he was just a spirit thingy.

Goldpanner, I'm sure that you cannot miss that yellow flame that I red circled when in comparison to the whole background in that image :/. It's there in the Japanese, just not the English.

Oh!! I did see it!! Right over his heart ;A; Okay, so Demyx and Axel and Marly died with some elemental things. But then why didn't Larxene crackle? Or Vexen turn into ice?

omgarewedebating? o:

LolnocauseIlose

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards

s1elleface

Well, some have streaks and some don't. Some have white smoke come out and some don't. But they all have black smoke and black wisps, even Demyx. Actually Roxas didn't, but he didn't really die as such, he just got absorbed, and he didn't even have a body TO wisp away at that point, he was just a spirit thingy.

Roxas definitely doesn't count. I don't understand, though: is it for dramatic affect? Imagery? Do some exert more black and streaks than others? Then again, it probably isn't a big deal anyway. As long as they go off in black wisps and smoke, I'm good.

Oh!! I did see it!! Right over his heart ;A; Okay, so Demyx and Axel and Marly died with some elemental things. But then why didn't Larxene crackle? Or Vexen turn into ice?

Lol, right over his burning Heart. Or sexy chest *w*. Either way, I have no idea, I would have loved to see Larxene spark out some electricity, considering she's an actual elemental. Vexen, I think, might have gone with ice. There was a hiss sound, and he had a lot more light blue, if I remember right. Xaldin also went off with wind - as far as wind goes, lol. But otherwise, I don't get it either. Some do, some don't.

I would have said that it's only the ones that can be done without much hassle. For example, Earth, Time, Moon, Space, and Illusion wouldn't be that easy to portray right. However, the fact that Larxene is the odd one out throws a cork in that.

LolnocauseIlose

stilldebate:3

zomgkodakmoment

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't understand, though: is it for dramatic affect? Imagery? Do some exert more black and streaks than others? Then again, it probably isn't a big deal anyway. As long as they go off in black wisps and smoke, I'm good.

Well, Luxord definitely melted into the biggest puddle of black smoke. Maybe it has something to do with the balance of light and dark inside the individual...? Who knows. It doesn't add up, considering the ones like Vexen and Xigbar who had white ^^;;

Lol, right over his burning Heart. Or sexy chest *w*. Either way, I have no idea, I would have loved to see Larxene spark out some electricity, considering she's an actual elemental. Vexen, I think, might have gone with ice. There was a hiss sound, and he had a lot more light blue, if I remember right. Xaldin also went off with wind - as far as wind goes, lol. But otherwise, I don't get it either. Some do, some don't.

Well, Vexen gave off white smoke like some of the others do? And I think that hiss was the fire XD
And Xaldin didn't really go off with wind, his weapons exploded into light and then he threw his arms in the air lol

stilldebate:3

zomgkodakmoment

mummy get the camera!!

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
I wonder. Maybe, some Organization members controller their element better, to the point that it showed up when they died. This doesn't necessarily mean they were stronger, but merely just had more control over their element. Also, maybe Demyx was a good guy before he was a nobody (he lost his heart by getting attacked, instead of intentionally, like the first six at least), hence the blue light, though I doubt there was one either.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It probably just comes down to stylistic choice and doesn't mean anything. Sadly, I doubt Nomura would ever explain it. I wish fans were allowed to ask him questions instead of the useless interviewers who are obviously asking him what he wants to say anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back