• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

SPARKLE SPARKLE! (Just a question about Xion's death)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Crystal and memory have actually been associated for some time now, both in science fiction and in real life.
For instance:
Photorefractive effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some crystalline substances have data-storing properties. In other words, the ability to contain memory. Other optical properties allow them to be used for displays (LCDs).

So were the replica bodies made of memory receptive crystals? Maybe, but that's probably getting far too scientific for KH.
It's a fitting theme for her death either way.

As for why Repliku's death was different, that's probably because he was primarily dark (especially after absorbing Zexion), as opposed to Xion.

AntiRiku*Axel

I figure she crystalized and such because (I think) she was made of pure light. I mean she was the replica of Sora's memories, and Sora was light. She almost is really a nobody, just not created the same way. The darkness in Sora's heart was expelled from his contact with Kairi in KH1 (assuming Anti-Form was non-canon) which would mean there would be nothing but light left. Then again it probably was because Nomura wanted to make it all fancy. In a whole, I think it was a beautiful and sad death scene.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I figure she crystalized and such because (I think) she was made of pure light.

Final fight against her shows her utilizing quite a bit of Darkness.

I mean she was the replica of Sora's memories, and Sora was light.

Sora was by no means Light. Anti form, baby, Anti Form. He simply battled the Darkness. That hardly makes him Light.

She almost is really a nobody, just not created the same way.

A Special Nobody, going by Vexen's Secret Reports :3

The darkness in Sora's heart was expelled from his contact with Kairi in KH1 (assuming Anti-Form was non-canon) which would mean there would be nothing but light left.

Anti-Form is canon, luv. Nomura referenced it in Another Report, and said that it's a result of, amongst other things, Sora's time as a Heartless.

... KH fans over-analyze everything :/

That's what these sections are for, dear.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
A Special Nobody, going by Vexen's Secret Reports :3

I think the only real similarity is that they are both not really meant to exist, not being born like normal beings, shadows that leech off the existence of some 'real' being. It's more a metaphor, I think...

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Vessels lacking their own identity, shaped by bits of Self they had in them. The stronger the imprint, the more human-like the end result. They're someone, but because that someone's Heart isn't their own, they can't really be him.
In that sense, the Replicas and Nobodies are exactly the same. The "Special" bit comes from their birth, but conceptually they are one and the same.

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
Over analyzation hurts my brain. You guys should just make it be dramatic and no other way to make it seem like she died without showing blood.

AntiRiku*Axel

Oh...well thanks for the information. I hadn't actually viewed it that way. I don't know then......I guess it really was just for dramatic effect. At first I guessed the sparkliness floating off of her was like the dark stuff that floats of the rest of the Org. member, but it was also the memories returning to Sora.
I don't know.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Vessels lacking their own identity, shaped by bits of Self they had in them. The stronger the imprint, the more human-like the end result. They're someone, but because that someone's Heart isn't their own, they can't really be him.
In that sense, the Replicas and Nobodies are exactly the same. The "Special" bit comes from their birth, but conceptually they are one and the same.

Except Replicas are built by someone and have those bits of self placed in them artificially, and have fake hearts. A Nobody is actually half of that Somebody, whereas a Replica is just animated by what someone stole from that Somebody. Replicas are fake Somebodies, whereas Nobodies are what's left of them. It's not really that similar, only their fates are.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Except Replicas are built by someone and have those bits of self placed in them artificially, and have fake hearts. A Nobody is actually half of that Somebody, whereas a Replica is just animated by what someone stole from that Somebody. Replicas are fake Somebodies, whereas Nobodies are what's left of them. It's not really that similar, only their fates are.

I agree the make up and process of birth are different, but in essence, they are one and the same.
"Fake Somebodies" can apply to Nobodies as well, especially seeing how that's basically what gives Nobodies their (at least English) namesake - they're someone, but because that someone is already out there as the Heart/Heartless, they can't really be them, regardless of how much of the Somebody's Memories they have.
This is, in fact, Repliku's story in a nutshell and why he was so hell bent on taking Riku down, and what Nomura originally wanted Xion's story to be, with her claiming Roxas was a fake Sora-Nobody and she was the real one, being the one with Sora's Memories.
Just like the "proper" Nobodies, they can't be someone until the "real thing" is out of the way, the biggest difference is that that someone is still out there and is conscious unlike most Heartless.

If Namine, who, as far as we know, is basically a walking Sense of Self until a better explanation is provided, is considered a special Nobody, I fail to see why Xion and Repliku, who had their own vessels for that Sense of Self, can't share the title.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I agree the make up and process of birth are different, but in essence, they are one and the same.

Well, I think that the difference is like that of scabs and bandaids, and I wouldn't call a bandaid an 'honorary special scab', but I guess if you want to there's nothing stopping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back