• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Something I Don't Get

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
One thing I'd really like an explanation to is who Ventus really is?

I always imagined he was just some sort of a replica or something like that of Sora, but it seems that he existed before Sora was even born. He was himself, just a normal boy? But then why does he look like Sora? If you say that it's because their hearts fused doesn't make sense, because Ventus looked like Sora before that even happened.

I'M CONFUUUUUUSED!!!

What are you talking about Ventus does not look like Sora. Ventus looks like Roxas.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
What are you talking about Ventus does not look like Sora. Ventus looks like Roxas.

He's referring to "I've been to see him. He looks a lot like you." Even though Xemnas was talking about Sora, he established the fact that Sora and Roxas (and therefore Ventus) do indeed look alike.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
MX is SO the better person than Eraqus is. Eraqus is a racist against darkness while MX believes in a perfect balance. Heck, that's why he's doing all this in the first place. So he can make a perfect balance of light and darkness. Plus... doesn't MX's dialogue sound much more like a good guy than a bad guy? Eraqus always sounded sinister... like he was planning something.

...if this is where the glorification of tolerance takes us, I really don't want to go there.

Seriously. I can't imagine what kind of twisted mental logic makes a mistaken belief that something merely dangerous is actually evil worse than actively and thoroughly destroying the lives of everyone who put their trust in you, without any remorse, for the sake of "balance."

And voice actors don't really mean much. KH's voice director seems to intentionally choose voices to throw us off (see also: Christopher Lee as DiZ).

I always imagined he was just some sort of a replica or something like that of Sora, but it seems that he existed before Sora was even born. He was himself, just a normal boy? But then why does he look like Sora? If you say that it's because their hearts fused doesn't make sense, because Ventus looked like Sora before that even happened.

I'M CONFUUUUUUSED!!!

Ven and Sora's hearts fused before Sora was even born. It's not too hard to imagine that Ven might have had an influence on the way Sora ended up looking, in the same way Sora had an influence on the way Vanitas ended up looking.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
MX is SO the better person than Eraqus is. Eraqus is a racist against darkness while MX believes in a perfect balance. Heck, that's why he's doing all this in the first place. So he can make a perfect balance of light and darkness. Plus... doesn't MX's dialogue sound much more like a good guy than a bad guy? Eraqus always sounded sinister... like he was planning something.

Firstly, racism is discriminating between people due to the physical characteristics corresponding with their race; light and darkness have absolutely nothing to do with that.

Now, onto the main point, Master Xehanort was using the truth of the balance to sway Terra towards darkness. His reports indicate that he once believed in the balance above all, but now holds the darkness much higher than light. Eraqus, on the other hand, was mostly worried that the darkness would harm his apprentices. After all, while light can undeniably blind someone, no one has actually been directly harmed by it, unlike the darkness.

Xehanort exploited and dehumanized everyone he came in contact with in order to gain power and knowledge of creation for himself. If that isn't horribly selfish and evil, I'm not sure what is.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Ven and Sora's hearts fused before Sora was even born. It's not too hard to imagine that Ven might have had an influence on the way Sora ended up looking, in the same way Sora had an influence on the way Vanitas ended up looking.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

I really hope Nomura doesn't intend for them to just happen to look very much alike, like when Aqua mentioned the striking resemblance between Sora and Ventus, though just with a carefree laugh, like it was just a coincidence.

Hueco*Cielo

Here's one thing I don't get about Master Xehanort and Ven's scene on Destiny Islands -

Why isn't Ven wearing a shirt?

Ven was fully-clothed when Xehanort extracted the darkness from his heart. But, even outside of Ven's Awakening platform, it's pretty clear he's not wearing a shirt under that white blanket, since it goes down far enough that you should see his shirt if it was there.

I find the implications of this rather creepy. o_0;

Maybe MX was trying to attempt a KH-style CPR to save him maybe. . .
Also, dead people don' need no clothes.

Joker'sHeartless

Awards

I'M CONFUUUUUUSED!!!

Ven doesn't look like Sora. Sora looks like Ven. After Sora (who was just born) made contact with Ven's heart, he began to resemble Ventus as he grew. This also explains why older Sora looks like Vanitas. As Vanitas came from Ven, it makes sense that Sora should look like one of them.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Ven doesn't look like Sora. Sora looks like Ven. After Sora (who was just born) made contact with Ven's heart, he began to resemble Ventus as he grew. This also explains why older Sora looks like Vanitas. As Vanitas came from Ven, it makes sense that Sora should look like one of them.
Except it's Vanitas who looks like Sora, not the other way around.

kiante

Ventus had no shirt because MX is SUPER cheap. He didn't want to leave clothes to wither away on a dead body. He can trade those for a megaflare or something!

Good thought on why Ventus and Sora have similar faces.

I agree that MX was an interesting character. Even though he was QUITE evil, he still had some good in him. Only Vanitas, in our story, had a heart of pure darkness (presumably). MX was human, he still felt compassion for a failed experiment because that experiment happened to be a human.

Furthermore, while I don't agree with his idea of balance, he really thought he was doing the right thing (at least to begin with). Xehanort's Heartless didn't care, he was doing the instinctual, wrong thing. Xemnas I think also knew he was doing the wrong thing and did it anyway. Master Xehanort truly believed that his goal was a worthy one and that, though his means might be evil normally, were okay because of the end.

I also think he may have begun to lose his sanity towards the end though. It seemed like over the course of the game, his lust for power grew and grew and more of his reason for doing what he did was that, by the end of the game, than his so called worthy goal.

I also loved how in this story it DID present different viewpoints. In previous Kingdom Hearts titles, what we learned about Darkness and Light could reasonably be assumed to be true. It was okay to be in Twilight in this universe, the darkness itself isn't bad, at least, by the end of KH2. However, in this game we see that there really are different opinions on things in the universe, and no one can say for sure how it really should be. Except maybe Sora. Hard to argue with him after he's beaten you to a pulp.

I think the truth of the matter is contained within the story told by Kairi's Grandmother though. I think that originally, the whole Single World was bathed in light, and that was how it was supposed to be. Darkness itself was an aberration. And I presume that's what the story will come back to. But who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back