• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Something I Don't Get

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick E.S

Virus
Okay sO I get the beginning with Ventus talking someone on the awakening station(I forget the real name) Which is obviously Sora's heart I thought, and at the end of the story he dissappears into it. I mean merges, whatever. But what was with Xehanort and Ven on destiny islands? I remember Xehanort training him at one point and then just extracting the darkness out of him which manifested itself into Vanitas but eh

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Okay sO I get the beginning with Ventus talking someone on the awakening station(I forget the real name) Which is obviously Sora's heart I thought, and at the end of the story he dissappears into it. I mean merges, whatever. But what was with Xehanort and Ven on destiny islands? I remember Xehanort training him at one point and then just extracting the darkness out of him which manifested itself into Vanitas but eh

Shortly after MX extracted Ven's darkness and created Vanitas, he realized that the damaged caused by the extraction was too great, Ven's light was going to be smothered by Vanitas' darkness, and he was going to die. He decided to take Ven to Destiny Islands, his (MX's) home world, since it would be a peaceful place for him to live his last moments. Of course, once there, he encountered Sora's newborn heart and connected to it, and was able to live.

Maverick E.S

Virus
*I EDITED THIS POST*

I just saw what sign said and reading it now,

Shortly after MX extracted Ven's darkness and created Vanitas, he realized that the damaged caused by the extraction was too great, Ven's light was going to be smothered by Vanitas' darkness, and he was going to die. He decided to take Ven to Destiny Islands, his (MX's) home world, since it would be a peaceful place for him to live his last moments. Of course, once there, he encountered Sora's newborn heart and connected to it, and was able to live.

One thing I don't get still is the new born part, so this took 4 years before then? Like I mean when Sora was still a new born baby? Ven doesnt look any younger xD, ah sorry im slow

CreativeGenius13

He is roughly 11 or 12 when that scene takes place, There wouldn't be too large of a change.

Also, They pushed the Game Data enought as it is.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
One thing I don't get still is the new born part, so this took 4 years before then? Like I mean when Sora was still a new born baby? Ven doesnt look any younger xD, ah sorry im slow

Yeah, Sora was just born at that moment, even though Ven doesn't look any younger ^^

Does this also mean that Sora's heart was incomplete or MX right and all hearts just start in darkness?

Nah, Sora's heart is perfectly fine; it's complete. Are you by any chance referring to what Ven says in the Japanese version about incomplete hearts? Here's what he says in the English version:

"You gave me something back when I needed it most. A second chance."

Last edited:

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Here's one thing I don't get about Master Xehanort and Ven's scene on Destiny Islands -

Why isn't Ven wearing a shirt?

Ven was fully-clothed when Xehanort extracted the darkness from his heart. But, even outside of Ven's Awakening platform, it's pretty clear he's not wearing a shirt under that white blanket, since it goes down far enough that you should see his shirt if it was there.

I find the implications of this rather creepy. o_0;

Allister Rose

French Lover
Here's one thing I don't get about Master Xehanort and Ven's scene on Destiny Islands -

Ven was fully-clothed when Xehanort extracted the darkness from his heart. But, even outside of Ven's Awakening platform, it's pretty clear he's not wearing a shirt under that white blanket, since it goes down far enough that you should see his shirt if it was there.

i guess it implies that he's missing his darkness (his shirt was half white and black)

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards

I always thought about that too.
My only, logical, assumption was that maybe MX tried some experiments on him before deciding he was completely comatose.
Still...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Same here. I mean, for what reason would he not have a shirt?

Gram

Banned
Awards

the only thing i could figure is he's a pedo.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
He decided to take Ven to Destiny Islands, his (MX's) home world, since it would be a peaceful place for him to live his last moments.

I always did like that part. Despite the fact that Xehanort is willing to do many terrible things to reach his goals, he still cared for his apprentice and realized the damage he's done. I think MX is definitely the most developed character out of all the Xehanorts. Heck, he's more of a good guy than Eraqus is to be perfectly honest.

Because Xehanort is a rapist. Heck, he originally was planning on possessing Ven's body and then decides to possess Terra's...
"Out with the old and brittle vessel... and in with the younger... oh... stronger... new one... Oh, man, Terra I need your body!"

CreativeGenius13

I think it sorta goes with the theme of rebirth. Not that Xehanort was a pedo or something. I don't gte why it's missing in the real world though.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
I always did like that part. Despite the fact that Xehanort is willing to do many terrible things to reach his goals, he still cared for his apprentice and realized the damage he's done. I think MX is definitely the most developed character out of all the Xehanorts. Heck, he's more of a good guy than Eraqus is to be perfectly honest.

I just have a lot of trouble believing Master Xehanort ever cared for Ven, "peaceful place to die" or no.

His quotes when dropping Ven off at the island seem way too callous and disparaging for him to seem like he's doing it for Ven's sake, rather than just getting rid of the extra weight. And, regardless of what he calls it, he's still leaving an eleven-year-old child to die, probably from exposure or dehydration setting in before his heart collapses for good.

MX is definitely the most detailed of the Xehanorts, but the only emotion I feel towards him is rage. He's definitely not a better person than Eraqus, who might have tried to kill Ven to save the world, but still clearly loved his students and didn't just see them as tools to be used and discarded.

Fallen Prince

No, what I head meant was that Sora's heart was just a cloud of darkness and that made me think he was either not complete, or his heart was just darkness becuase it was new and hadn't grasped the light yet.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
MX is definitely the most detailed of the Xehanorts, but the only emotion I feel towards him is rage. He's definitely not a better person than Eraqus, who might have tried to kill Ven to save the world, but still clearly loved his students and didn't just see them as tools to be used and discarded.

MX is SO the better person than Eraqus is. Eraqus is a racist against darkness while MX believes in a perfect balance. Heck, that's why he's doing all this in the first place. So he can make a perfect balance of light and darkness. Plus... doesn't MX's dialogue sound much more like a good guy than a bad guy? Eraqus always sounded sinister... like he was planning something.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
One thing I'd really like an explanation to is who Ventus really is?

I always imagined he was just some sort of a replica or something like that of Sora, but it seems that he existed before Sora was even born. He was himself, just a normal boy? But then why does he look like Sora? If you say that it's because their hearts fused doesn't make sense, because Ventus looked like Sora before that even happened.

I'M CONFUUUUUUSED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back