• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So KHI's first annual Dissidia Tournament?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Armor or not

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

zachen

Awards
No rules then?
/25 characters
Still thinking about them, any suggestions?
I was thinking 2 out of 3 matches would be an interesting idea and making players use more than one character throughout the tournament.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well I'd like to welcome Dissidia Forum members to the superior forum. =)

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
and making players use more than one character throughout the tournament.
That doesn't seem entirely reasonable to expect of everyone if you're still going to require the characters be max'd.

And I do think a "no equipment" rule is probably in order. O:

zachen

Awards
That doesn't seem entirely reasonable to expect of everyone if you're still going to require the characters be max'd.

And I do think a "no equipment" rule is probably in order. O:

Thanks for the input! But yeah the more than 1 char idea probably wont work out but still not diggin the no equips rule but if there is enough response for that then I shall. Also would you like to help set up the tourney?

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
lol no equipment
more like, make everybody use a specific set of equipment that's simple to get so you're not totally emptied out.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
Thanks for the input! But yeah the more than 1 char idea probably wont work out but still not diggin the no equips rule but if there is enough response for that then I shall. Also would you like to help set up the tourney?
I mean, it wouldn't hurt to allow the player to use more than one (max'd) character if they so choose; it just seems silly to make them play more than one.

And as far as equipment goes, if you really want it to be fair, either make everyone use the same equipment, or disallow use altogether. (lol ninja'd by Pin)

Aaand I feel more comfortable just providing input. :'D

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Oh yeah. Where do you stand on EXP to ____?
I think there's an endless combo for Cloud and one for Onion Knight.
Are you still watching us dissidia forums?

zachen

Awards
I mean, it wouldn't hurt to allow the player to use more than one (max'd) character if they so choose; it just seems silly to make them play more than one.

And as far as equipment goes, if you really want it to be fair, either make everyone use the same equipment, or disallow use altogether. (lol ninja'd by Pin)

Aaand I feel more comfortable just providing input. :'D

Alright Ill put a poll up and once again thanks.

zachen

Awards
I was also thinking that no "noob" characters are allowed what do you think?

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
@zachen
As in? :I

Also, the "no equipment" thing referred to armor and accessories, so I'm feeling like the poll is a little misleading.

Last edited:

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Unless you're a good player and you learn to use the way less predictable attackers in the game.
Either way, you're ruling some people out of it. I like using Jecht and Tidus. Let's say you do too. The host rules them out only. Is that fair? No. The user might actually be really good with Jecht or Tidus, regardless of their flaws. But they're not so good with other characters.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Cloud and Sephiroth shouldn't be excluded.

I personally don't main them, but it's seems to be rule dictated on preference (HERP DERP FF7 SUCKS) more than anything.

How about summons or accessories? Those are the rules we need to set up.

zachen

Awards
Unless you're a good player and you learn to use the way less predictable attackers in the game.
Either way, you're ruling some people out of it. I like using Jecht and Tidus. Let's say you do too. The host rules them out only. Is that fair? No. The user might actually be really good with Jecht or Tidus, regardless of their flaws. But they're not so good with other characters.

Oh I realize that now but thanks for the input.

And @ Sham

I believe summons should be allowed and as the poll says equipment (armor and accessories) shouldn't any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back