• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So, is BBS volume 2 still a thing orrr?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
That would mean KH3 would be out in 2013 according to Nourma's "one KH per year" promise. and seeing how KH3 is still in nourma's head at the moment, I say theres at least one more game, because I doubt they could make KH3 in a year, unless they hand KH3 over to Osaka and Hand, and work on it together.

Be realistic. :/ Providing Versus even finishes this year, there is no possible way to release KH3 by 2013.

KevVentus

He was being realistic

But if we're going to be really real, and going by the yearly schedule, there's going to be plenty more games

If he does intend to stay with this schedule, it really will be milking the franchise

If the mystery title is still a thing and they finally give in and release a collection, then that buys them two more years. Yeah... I dunno

But I guess that's too far off to worry about

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
He was being realistic

But if we're going to be really real, and going by the yearly schedule, there's going to be plenty more games

If he does intend to stay with this schedule, it really will be milking the franchise

If the mystery title is still a thing and they finally give in and release a collection, then that buys them two more years. Yeah... I dunno

But I guess that's too far off to worry about
No, he wasn't. Nomura and the main KH team aren't touching KH until Versus is done; at best you can hope for Versus to be done late 2012. How exactly do you presume they could pop out KH3 in that amount of time? They couldn't. That's totally unrealistic to expect.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
DDD this year.

BBSv2 2013

Remastered collection 2014

Re:Birth by Coded Days 2015

Kingdom Hearts 1: The Party Game 2016

Kingdom Hearts: Move It. 2017

Kingdom Hearts DDD: Re. 2018

Kingdom hearts III 2019.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
DDD this year.

BBSv2 2013

Kingdom hearts III 2019.

KH3 will come out just before I hit 30.... sounds about right.

KevVentus

No, he wasn't. Nomura and the main KH team aren't touching KH until Versus is done; at best you can hope for Versus to be done late 2012. How exactly do you presume they could pop out KH3 in that amount of time? They couldn't. That's totally unrealistic to expect.

If you read closely, that's pretty much what he was saying ; )

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
That would mean KH3 would be out in 2013 according to Nourma's "one KH per year" promise.

Promises can be broken.

That ten year gap isn't just going to be unexplored. There's quite a lot that happens. If they were willing to make Days which was showing Roxas' time in the Organization which was essentially showing the gap between KH1 and 2 (365 days of a gap) then I'm sure they'll make a game explaining the course of a 10 year gap.

MadasaHatter

DDD this year.

BBSv2 2013

Kingdom hearts III 2019.

Don't forget the final mixes! ^^

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
It's not even entirely out of the Realm of Possibility (harhar) that Nomura starts another story arc before closing the final chapter of the Xehanort saga, but we'll pretend it is!

BBSV2 could be considered a codename, like 3D was for Dream Drop Distance, subject to change. I have full confidence this title will be realized as a game, though, versus a hell of a trolling by Nomura. All we can do until anything is confirmed is condition our patience.

Crystal

Silver Member
I remember there are two games before KH3.
One is KH3D, another i think is BBS vol.2 ,not sure though.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
It's not even entirely out of the Realm of Possibility (harhar) that Nomura starts another story arc before closing the final chapter of the Xehanort saga, but we'll pretend it is!

BBSV2 could be considered a codename, like 3D was for Dream Drop Distance, subject to change. I have full confidence this title will be realized as a game, though, versus a hell of a trolling by Nomura. All we can do until anything is confirmed is condition our patience.
A better example would be coded's concept name, Reconnect: Kingdom Hearts. Boy that sure threw us all for a loop.

I feel like there definitely will be at least one more game released before KH3 (let's be honest, we've got four or five years to wait), but there is a slight possibility that BbSv2 (the trailer) was just referring to DDD. Still, I find it hard to believe DDD will cover everything that flashed by in the trailer, so I like to think it could finally be the Mickey-in-the-RoD game everyone's been expecting; though playing as Aqua would be a nice twist.

Absolute

Maybe he originally planned on another game but later scrapped it.

I mean, he hasn't said anything recently on this mystery game. And for that matter: why does it have to be such a mystery?

KevVentus

Orrrr we can wait for the game that is confirmed?

sdr08

Be realistic. :/ Providing Versus even finishes this year, there is no possible way to release KH3 by 2013.

i was being realistic, i think its impossible to have KH3 in 2013, i was only saying in order to fulfill his one year promise, theres at least one more game planned before KH3. i dont know where you got that I thought KH3 was going to release in 2013 lol

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
A better example would be coded's concept name, Reconnect: Kingdom Hearts. Boy that sure threw us all for a loop.

Didn't the original coded come out before BbS, thus before the "Reconnect" phase? Re:coded wouldn't count as "Reconnect" since it was just an awesome remake to a previous game.

Maybe he originally planned on another game but later scrapped it.

I mean, he hasn't said anything recently on this mystery game. And for that matter: why does it have to be such a mystery?

Saying anything about another KH game that isn't KH3 would not only be taking the spotlight away from DDD, which Nomura is smart enough to know not to do like how he did with Days, BbS and coded, since that really caused a jumble mess in my opinion.

Besides, I doubt he scrapped anything. If he really plans on the one-a-year, BbSv2 falls into that perfectly for next year.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if we got 2 HD remaster collections, one per year, to also smooth over the gap, even though some of the titles being in the collections are very unlikely.

2012 - KH DDD
2013 - BbSv2
2014 - KH1FM, KH Re:CoM, KH Re:Days (the very unlikely one)
2015 - KH2FM, KH BbSFM, KH Re:Re:Coded (Very, very unlikely also)

That leaves 2016, at most, for the release date for KH3. Honestly though, I'd rather see Nomura break his promise and just release DDD, BbSv2, and a remaster of KH1FM, KH Re:CoM, KH2FM, and KH BbSFM and then have a time gap until KH3's release.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Orrrr we can wait for the game that is confirmed?

Are you referring to KHIII? Because I was speaking about the subject of the thread, the plausible, but not confirmed BBSV2.

But sure, reword my sentence to suit your needs.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Didn't the original coded come out before BbS, thus before the "Reconnect" phase? Re:coded wouldn't count as "Reconnect" since it was just an awesome remake to a previous game.
All but the last episode of the original coded came out before BbS. It seemed like coded was done, then BbS was released and there was a sudden, seemingly random last episode, which obviously tied in to BbS.

I swear there was an interview where Nomura confirmed Reconnect was coded/Re:coded, but it's been a while so I can't remember which interview. I thought it was somewhere in the Re:coded Ultimania but I can't find it now.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Not sure if it was stated in an interview, but coded was called Reconnect: Kingdom Hearts in the conceptual storyboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back