• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So, is BBS volume 2 still a thing orrr?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxas12

If it's really a new game, do you think it will be released after 3D?
Also, do you think it could be a prequel to the original BBS? A prequel to a prequel is pretty crazy, but it could work. 3D is theorized to give us backstory on Xehanort as a boy. Perhaps BBS Volume 2 allows you to play as Xehanort? And since the series likes giving us trios, I think it's safe to say that if this were the case we would see a young Eraqus and a young Yen Sid. All three are masters, but Yen Sid mentioned giving up the title. Thoughts?

KevVentus

I'm still confident that Volume 2 was just the name of the trailer. Volume 2 as in the next events in the BBS story (Aqua being in the RoD)

But it did have a lot of strange scenes, and if there is indeed another game after 3D I would hope it would explain them.

It's believed that the next game will focus on either Riku or Mickey in the RoD (or both), but that interview was a while ago so Nomura could've changed his mind since then.

cloudzack117

i thought nomura said KH3D was the last game before KH3. I think bbs volume 2 was just a concept video, something along the lines of summing up some stuff while hinting at the future, like how aqua sees the castle of dreams consumed by darkness, and Mickey in the RoD. Not sure what to make from the scenes with kairi and riku, but the end it shows YMX, Ansem Sod, xemnas, then master xehanort which i believe is hinting at the multiple xehanorts in 3D, and at the end it shows sora and ven disapear, which i think has to do with the idea that something bad might happen to sora in 3D.

KevVentus

The questionable scenes for me were Riku and Kairi on the clock tower, Kairi and friends in front of the old mansion, and Riku watching Xion and Roxas

The existence of another game between 3D and 3 is somewhat ambiguous. I personally think it will happen since it will be years before 3, and it's been said that they want to make KH yearly...

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
i thought nomura said KH3D was the last game before KH3. I think bbs volume 2 was just a concept video, something along the lines of summing up some stuff while hinting at the future, like how aqua sees the castle of dreams consumed by darkness, and Mickey in the RoD. Not sure what to make from the scenes with kairi and riku, but the end it shows YMX, Ansem Sod, xemnas, then master xehanort which i believe is hinting at the multiple xehanorts in 3D, and at the end it shows sora and ven disapear, which i think has to do with the idea that something bad might happen to sora in 3D.

Actually two games before 3. DDD and the unknown unnamed mystery game.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Nomura said that DDD is the last game that will take place, chronologically, prior to KH3. However, we also know that he's planning at least one more game before KH3, so that game will have to take place some time before KH3D (or in concurrence with it). BBS Vol. 2 seems the most likely candidate at this point, but it isn't clear what or who it would be about, although I personally think it's going to explain certain aspects of Mickey's time in the Realm of Darkness during KH1, as that was one of the story lines which Nomura indicated a long while ago he was hoping to address.

KevVentus

I would love a game starring Mickey!

It would have to be done right though

Pratiko

Awards
I'm still confident that Volume 2 was just the name of the trailer. Volume 2 as in the next events in the BBS story (Aqua being in the RoD)

But it did have a lot of strange scenes, and if there is indeed another game after 3D I would hope it would explain them.

It's believed that the next game will focus on either Riku or Mickey in the RoD (or both), but that interview was a while ago so Nomura could've changed his mind since then.
What about the scene where Donald and Goofy look troubled making their way out of Traverse Town by themselves, as if they couldn't find Sora?
That scene gives me the creeps, wouldn't like it if it turned out to be a change in KH-history as we know it...

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
If it's really a new game, do you think it will be released after 3D?
Yeah.

Also, do you think it could be a prequel to the original BBS? A prequel to a prequel is pretty crazy, but it could work. 3D is theorized to give us backstory on Xehanort as a boy.
Why would it? The secret ending we got to BBS:FM suggests it most certainly would not happen before BBS. Plus that and Nomura telling us BBS was as far back in the KH timeline we would go.

Perhaps BBS Volume 2 allows you to play as Xehanort? And since the series likes giving us trios, I think it's safe to say that if this were the case we would see a young Eraqus and a young Yen Sid. All three are masters, but Yen Sid mentioned giving up the title. Thoughts?
No, it's much more likely to be Aqua, Riku and Mickey given the ending we saw.

[video=youtube;bsotSNA7aoQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsotSNA7aoQ[/video]

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
^Not to mention that Nomura confirmed we won't be going into the past any further than the ten/eleven year gap to BbS. It has to be something in between that period.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
^Not to mention that Nomura confirmed we won't be going into the past any further than the ten/eleven year gap to BbS. It has to be something in between that period.

I said that in my post, lol.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
I just hope that it's not on the Vita, really. Even though that probably will be the case. Thanks SE for making me get a 3DS and psp, and vita just to experience your whole damn story.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
We were promised 2 titles before KH3, one of them being 3D. The other being... we don't know. BBSv2 is just the tentative name the fanbase has been giving the next game, because at the end of Zero Points (which could actually be just hinting at plot points in 3D) is shows the words "Birth By Sleep Volume II".

It's completely possible that the 2nd title was dropped. 3D has been advertised as the last story before KH3... we take that as chronologically, but it's possible that the mystery title was dropped. We haven't heard anything about it since January 2011 when BBSFM came out. Last month in Famitsu, Nomura said there's a secret game that a secret team is working on, but there's no telling if that game is even KH related.

Manly Cartwheels

Stuck in the realm of darkness with Ansem the MIl-
Here's my take on the whole thing. Something timey wimey is going to happen in a bad way, and Aqua is going to have to deal with it. What makes me think it's a game is kid Riku and kid Kairi in fracking Twilight Town, and Ventus and Sora just straight up vanishing in the trailer.

Still, I'd wait until the end of KH3D before speculating on just what BBSv2 is.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
The mystery game really is...mysterious. No really, There's so little known about it, it can't even be discussed much out side of pure speculation.

Here's my take on the whole thing. Something timey wimey is going to happen in a bad way, and Aqua is going to have to deal with it. What makes me think it's a game is kid Riku and kid Kairi in fracking Twilight Town, and Ventus and Sora just straight up vanishing in the trailer.

Still, I'd wait until the end of KH3D before speculating on just what BBSv2 is.

Riku and Kairi were in Never Land.

sdr08

We were promised 2 titles before KH3, one of them being 3D. The other being... we don't know. BBSv2 is just the tentative name the fanbase has been giving the next game, because at the end of Zero Points (which could actually be just hinting at plot points in 3D) is shows the words "Birth By Sleep Volume II".

It's completely possible that the 2nd title was dropped. 3D has been advertised as the last story before KH3... we take that as chronologically, but it's possible that the mystery title was dropped. We haven't heard anything about it since January 2011 when BBSFM came out. Last month in Famitsu, Nomura said there's a secret game that a secret team is working on, but there's no telling if that game is even KH related.

That would mean KH3 would be out in 2013 according to Nourma's "one KH per year" promise. and seeing how KH3 is still in nourma's head at the moment, I say theres at least one more game, because I doubt they could make KH3 in a year, unless they hand KH3 over to Osaka and Hand, and work on it together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back