• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Small Update: Nintendo Ibérica decides not to distribute DDD in Spain.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sdr08

i Don't live in Spain, but I am sorry they got screwed, and DDD is a main game in the series, its important to KH3, I don't understand the logic behind this

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
i Don't live in Spain, but I am sorry they got screwed, and DDD is a main game in the series, its important to KH3, I don't understand the logic behind this

>Don't translate
>People Boycott
>Predicted no money income
>Game not released

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
That is so messed up, everyone should enjoy KH and all its glory! Bad move S.E bad move!

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I saw a report once where it said in 100 years or so, the only languages that would still be used are English, German, Spanish, Mandarin, and Russian. So hopefully by then localization will be much easier. In the mean time however Nintendo and Square Enix both need to stop being so annoying. I mean this just isn't right. It was bad enough that Europe didn't get Re:COM. But Spain not getting KH3D when it is essential to understanding KH3, that is just wrong.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
They aren't being stupid. They saw fan responses, Nintendo decided to do what would be best for them. If fans were going to boycott the game, then clearly (in Nintendo's eyes) didn't want to play it so why are they going to release a game nobody was going to buy?

This is the time where people need to appreciate what they are given instead of bitching about what they don't have. Boycotting a game isn't going to work because obviously the power is in the distributors hands.

Cherryjuice

But Spain not getting KH3D when it is essential to understanding KH3, that is just wrong.
Nah, it's not like fans from Spain are forcerd to miss out on 3D, they can still buy at "select retailers" (probably online) and play it on their 3DS.

I still don't know what to think about Nintendo's decision. I can see, why they canceled it with the game not having Spanish subs and lots of fans revolting. But I am sorry for those who'd have no problem playing the game with English subs and now get the short end of the stick, because Nintendo seems to be under the impression that the game is not worth being published in Spain without Spanish subs... I know, the fans can still buy and play it, if they want to, but still... :/

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
That is so messed up, everyone should enjoy KH and all its glory! Bad move S.E bad move!

It's Nintendo Ibérica that decided not to distribute it. Square Enix decided not to translate it fully.

But is boycotting really the best way to go? If people aren't going to buy it because it's not translated, it gave Nintendo Ibérica a reason not to distribute it so it wouldn't make sense to be angrier at the distributing decision that was solely based on the fanbase but rather because it wasn't translated fully.

State

Awards
Spanish, Portuguese, and Italian patch coming soon. I hope....
You'd be better off learning English by the time a patch comes. Other than that, English and Chinese are the universal business languages, so it edifies you to learn it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's Nintendo Ibérica that decided not to distribute it. Square Enix decided not to translate it fully.

But is boycotting really the best way to go? If people aren't going to buy it because it's not translated, it gave Nintendo Ibérica a reason not to distribute it so it wouldn't make sense to be angrier at the distributing decision that was solely based on the fanbase but rather because it wasn't translated fully.

I've been looking around on foreign sites and there ar a lot of fans saying "WE WERE BEING NICE BUT NOW THIS IS WAR" and it's like, really? You threatened Square Enix multiple times in various ways, and on English fansites that had nothing to do with the decision, and you didn't expect Nintendo to make a decision like this? That was "nice"?

They brought this upon themselves by overreacting rather than actually doing the thing that would have possibly turned things in their favor: buying the game. It was already a risky thing by releasing the games there to begin with, considering how little 3DS sales there are and all of the pirating done. All they did was reaffirm Nintendo's fears.

/rant

So yeah, boycotting wasn't their smartest decision.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I've been looking around on foreign sites and there ar a lot of fans saying "WE WERE BEING NICE BUT NOW THIS IS WAR" and it's like, really? You threatened Square Enix multiple times in various ways, and on English fansites that had nothing to do with the decision, and you didn't expect Nintendo to make a decision like this? That was "nice"?

They brought this upon themselves by overreacting rather than actually doing the thing that would have possibly turned things in their favor: buying the game. It was already a risky thing by releasing the games there to begin with, considering how little 3DS sales there are and all of the pirating done. All they did was reaffirm Nintendo's fears.

/rant

So yeah, boycotting wasn't their smartest decision.

Tell me about it. Really childish if you ask me

Chistosa

Awards
I tried telling them last month on the SE Members page that being vulgar and making threats wasn't going to solve anything, but they didn't want to listen. Now look what's happend. :l

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I still find it appalling that one of the places most flooded with threats and complaints is SENA forums. NA. North America. I mean really, I can understand that they're angry but :|

Chistosa

Awards
Exactly! It's understandable that their upset, but why would they take it out on SENA? They have nothing to do with what happens with the European release. I feel bad for the admin that commented on one of the threads they made. :'(

State

Awards
Besides, things like Operation Rainfall have worked, look at them, they've gotten NINTENDO to bring ALL THREE GAMES THEY DENIED!They showed this by promising buying the game, advertising it, showing support, importing the JAP and EUR versions, etc. All they need is an organized support/advertising group and they should get a better reaction.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm totally with Master Spockanort on this one. It being unfair (morally) and being disappointed may be justified in all possible regards, but way overdoing it by not critizing in a reasonable manner but cussing and many acting like a 3year-old child in the defiant phase did practically invite such a reaction.

Also, I have assumed it earlier today, if they say they boycott the game because it's not in their language, why are they then upset about Nintendo now acting on exactly that?
If Nintendo cannot have a reasonable prospect of selling enough copies (with the English subtitles), one cannot expect them to invest in distribution.

I've also given up by now to look into the comments on the blog as there are nearly only some idiots spamming the same sentences over and over or are cussing in italian or spanish.

I still find it appalling that one of the places most flooded with threats and complaints is SENA forums. NA. North America. I mean really, I can understand that they're angry but :|

Uh, last time I checked, SE Europe does not even have separate forums, or am I blind?
Nonetheless, regardless of this attacking the people maintaining the forums (or the guy responsible for the blog) is surely not the appropriate way.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I feel really bad for the fans who are missing out on this game because of these choices, but you can't threaten a company and expect to get what you want. The only way to ensure you keep getting these games is to show a positive genuine interest, by pre-ordering and purchasing the product as well as voicing your opinion to the company in a calm manner. Death threats don't get you what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back