• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Slow down

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aullen

People seem to be in such a hurry nowadays. It's always rush rush do this and that. It's like it's become the norm to feel guilty for relaxing and taking time to do nothing. A good example is school. In high-school there are regular classes then honors and AP classes that are supposedly more college-like. But college is for college, why rush ahead? And a lot of emphasis is place on being well-rounded, but that means having good-grades, participating in a sport, and volunteering whatever is left of your free-time WHILE trying to plan out one's entire life at what seems only the start. Is it me or is everything too complicated? Just my thinking. Discuss, expound, expand.

Papou

That's the way it goes... our lives are so hectic and rushed nowadays and one of the reasons is because we're all competing against each other. Pettiness rules your life.

Yeah, everything is too complicated, but at the same time, you've gotta keep up with the world around you.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
I don't see where pettiness and school come from. You have all the time in the world to apply for colleges,
that is unless your looking towards majoring on something your interested in applying to, towards the future.
Me myself, I work at my job for about 10 hours with an hour break if i'm not being bothered by incoming flights,
and the ride to get to work and back ranges up to 2 hours, plus i have 3 hours of school afterward, taking an
hour to get ready at least, so that would be around 17 hours of my day leaving me 6 hours to do whatever, and
get some sleep. At the time, everything is a rush to me, because these times are busy. I at least get Monday,
Tuesday, and Wednesday to cool off.

A

Azrael

If you do not like how life is, either kill yourself or take what little money you earn and have it big in some shitty third world country.

Seriously, school's like that and in the future, it's going to be more hectic.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Sometimes people can have a long to do list in life and those who do or whatever may feel like the need to rush or whatever to get all those things done and so they'll feel like they accomplished alot of stuff. For school, I don't know if it's your perspective but I think it's the time that goes by fast. Otherwise, some people just rush to get by. I mean I admit I do with my homework though I shouldn't. >_<

Katsuno_Hitomi

Everyone is competing with each other when we should be helping one another succeed and grow. I'm certain that if more folks took that stance on life, all our lives would be less hectic. Of course, there are some people who thrive on living a busy lifestyle(I personally know a few). Still, taking time out to evaluate our lives and just chill is key to not becoming burnt out.

D

Deleted member 36435

Society doesn't work by helping one another out. Besides, if you were to worry about helping others out you would just add more into what you have to do. Get off the soap box because your making a fool of yourself.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
Now there are jobs that do help ppl, but for most people we work to have a roof
on our heads and food on are tables, and then if you have kids it becomes more consistent,
because kids are expensive. Even still, we help each other through means of our jobs, because
all of them work under service for others, such as Food Markets, Police Stations, and so forth. These
are all things that help ppl through life.

A

Azrael

Everyone is competing with each other when we should be helping one another succeed and grow. I'm certain that if more folks took that stance on life, all our lives would be less hectic. Of course, there are some people who thrive on living a busy lifestyle(I personally know a few). Still, taking time out to evaluate our lives and just chill is key to not becoming burnt out.

The wonders and joys of capitalism. Ah.

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
In high-school there are regular classes then honors and AP classes that are supposedly more college-like. But college is for college, why rush ahead?
Well for one, You can take the college class in school meaning it free, except for the final exam; 86 bucks FML :(
And who doesn't love free stuff? And plus thats one less class you have to take in college. So you could take a fun class instead of that one.
And a lot of emphasis is place on being well-rounded, but that means having good-grades, participating in a sport, and volunteering whatever is left of your free-time WHILE trying to plan out one's entire life at what seems only the start.
Consider this a look into the future when you'll work, have friends, family and have fun at the same time. Finding the correct balance is a part of growing up.
Is it me or is everything too complicated?
Somethings are, but in general it really not that bad if you focus and have fun.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
Yeah. I do feel like the world does need to be slowed down.

Sometimes people can have a long to do list in life and those who do or whatever may feel like the need to rush or whatever to get all those things done and so they'll feel like they accomplished alot of stuff. For school, I don't know if it's your perspective but I think it's the time that goes by fast. Otherwise, some people just rush to get by. I mean I admit I do with my homework though I shouldn't. >_<

Well, yeah I agree.

People don't like to feel their lives are empty,
and because we don't know the 'meaning of life', what else is there to do but try and accomplish loads of things, experience everything....and just keep engaged.

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
It's how people get that sense of accomplishment, otherwise there's nothing else to do, you see I'm more indifferent to.. Well everything. I wouldn't say I'm lazy, though I am, just there's no rush why do it now? If I didn't have anything to do at all. I'd be asleep :D

very differentiable
Awards
As a matter of fact, i'm now in my last weeks of high-school, after following years of education preparing for university and i must say that it didn't cost me heaps of time and had no trouble getting good grades. I know it's different for everyone, but i guess looking for your talents saves you tons of time.

cloudwolf124

okay those who rush want to be better than everyone else and get all pissed when those of us who are not so rushed (EX: me) sit down and relax. thats because all the older generations (EX: your parents, teachers ETC.) want us to become something. like my school the counselors are all about going to college graduating on the distinguished plan. heres what i did it might work for you tell those bastards to "fuck off" and move on cuz their every where there is no escaping them or changing them. so be lazy then deal with them later.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
okay those who rush want to be better than everyone else and get all pissed when those of us who are not so rushed (EX: me) sit down and relax. thats because all the older generations (EX: your parents, teachers ETC.) want us to become something. like my school the counselors are all about going to college graduating on the distinguished plan. heres what i did it might work for you tell those bastards to "fuck off" and move on cuz their every where there is no escaping them or changing them. so be lazy then deal with them later.

well i don't think that way, so you can kindly shut the fuck up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back