• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Skuld is the best dressed character in Kingdom Hearts.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

How great is Skuld's outfit?

• It's the best

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • It's the greatest

Votes: 25 71.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Not exactly, though I guess this is splitting hairs. Valkyries bring people who die in combat to Valhalla, where they live out an afterlife of feasting and fighting, preparing for the final battle at Ragnarök...

... oh.

Amassing an army for an end-of-the-world battle, huh...

Hmm, so maybe MX will bring an army full of dead people that will cause The Keyblade War that he so desires, after the X-Blade has been forged? Since he has spoken that there isn`t many wielders anymore, why not try and use the dead? All there could be far more Keyblade wielders still living and he just dosen`t know it.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Hmm, so maybe MX will bring an army full of dead people that will cause The Keyblade War that he so desires, after the X-Blade has been forged? Since he has spoken that there isn`t many wielders anymore, why not try and use the dead? All there could be far more Keyblade wielders still living and he just dosen`t know it.
This has been my theory basically ever since Chirithy was revealed to be a Dream Eater.

Daybreak Town is a Sleeping World, now awoken thanks to Sora in DDD, and now Xehanort has tons of ("dead") Keyblade wielders, who conveniently have been brought to the brink of war by the events in the past.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
???

Sora and Riku's actions in DDD didn't awaken every Sleeping World. It just woke the ones they visited.
There's nothing to suggest that. Traverse Town even had two, when the sleeping Traverse Town can't even be woken up due to its nature. And The Grid isn't sleeping at all. The Mysterious Tower was also present even though it was very much awake, like Traverse Town. What were those Keyholes waking up?

There are also specifically seven Keyholes, while there are more than seven Sleeping Worlds.
And if we're to assume there are more than seven Sleeping Keyholes, why is it specifically seven that Sora and Riku are tasked with opening? Why not reawaken every Sleeping World? Or why is it only seven Keyholes required to obtain that special power?

Last edited:

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
The part with the specifically seven Sleeping Keyholes never made sense to me, what DDD truly lacks is a secret report that sheds some light on the issues Yen Sid doesn't explain.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I love her outfitg btw.
I think it's awesome.

Also, she kinda looks like Homura, so that's a +.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
could skuld shown the person who had the goat keyblade the future to test him and see it he or she can change it but he faid and accepted it and maybe she shows the fitute to sora to test it to test it and see if he change it and sora will be the one to change it

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think she look like Squall and Rinoa had a kid.

I have a theory (unrelated to my above statement). Maybe I will not be lazy and share it.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
The part with the specifically seven Sleeping Keyholes never made sense to me, what DDD truly lacks is a secret report that sheds some light on the issues Yen Sid doesn't explain.
I knew I got this from somewhere, just found the scene.
0:27 "As there are seven pure lights, there are seven "Sleeping Keyholes."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xg3qysBRWk

Makes it pretty clear there are only seven.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
There's nothing to suggest that. Traverse Town even had two, when the sleeping Traverse Town can't even be woken up due to its nature. And The Grid isn't sleeping at all. The Mysterious Tower was also present even though it was very much awake, like Traverse Town. What were those Keyholes waking up?

There are also specifically seven Keyholes, while there are more than seven Sleeping Worlds.
And if we're to assume there are more than seven Sleeping Keyholes, why is it specifically seven that Sora and Riku are tasked with opening? Why not reawaken every Sleeping World? Or why is it only seven Keyholes required to obtain that special power?

Yeah, I'm of the mind that Sora and Riku did clear out the Realm of Sleep of its worlds, it would have been cruel for them to just leave them trapped. That's why, to me, they made the distinction to show Traverse Town at the end and have Sora point out that it was still there. Aside from it being an inbetween world, it was also needed as a place for the Dream Eaters to live - which is why they were all there. It's a nice sendoff to Traverse Town, imo

Hirokey123

Awards
Traverse town doesn't have two it has one, Destiny Islands counted as one of their seven. Sora just summoned Traverse Town's keyhole back so he could leave again because sleeping keyholes also function as the way to world travel like corridors and lanes. You know this because Sora runs off to the side and pulls out his keyblade before the keyhole even appears. He does the same exact thing at the end of the game in order to get back into the sleeping worlds.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I think the problem Shard is referring to is that there were seven keyholes but not all seven worlds were sleeping.
I would assume, since it appears that the Keyholes are tied to the entire Realm rather than specific worlds, that as long as you're within the Realm of Sleep, you can come across the Sleeping Keyholes.

Similarly, since Riku isn't in the Sleeping Worlds proper, but inside Sora's dream, the Keyholes he unlocks are probably tied to Sora's dream and not the entire Realm. That explains how they both can unlock seven Keyholes, at least.
Traverse town doesn't have two it has one, Destiny Islands counted as one of their seven. Sora just summoned Traverse Town's keyhole back so he could leave again because sleeping keyholes also function as the way to world travel like corridors and lanes. You know this because Sora runs off to the side and pulls out his keyblade before the keyhole even appears. He does the same exact thing at the end of the game in order to get back into the sleeping worlds.
You're right, the Report definitely denotes the Keyhole they used to enter the Realm as the first. I hadn't known that until I read it.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Yeah, I'm of the mind that Sora and Riku did clear out the Realm of Sleep of its worlds, it would have been cruel for them to just leave them trapped. That's why, to me, they made the distinction to show Traverse Town at the end and have Sora point out that it was still there. Aside from it being an inbetween world, it was also needed as a place for the Dream Eaters to live - which is why they were all there. It's a nice sendoff to Traverse Town, imo
There's nothing really in the game to suggest that Sora's actions awakened all the worlds though. Like yeah the Seven Keyholes thing is iffy, but even Nomura clarifies that there are still other Sleeping Worlds than the ones they visited. This was likely why it was so important to him to show that Sora could now open doors into the Realm of Sleep -- because the story will likely have him visiting more worlds sometime in the future.

— The setup certainly was different and trickier than before. In their travels this time they were essentially supposed to go to the worlds shut by sleep, but in the end, an entirely different world sets the stage.

Nomura: There are other worlds shut by sleep, from the start which ones they would go to was not decided. Even Yen Sid didn’t know which worlds they would go to.

— I see. Were there certain intentions in that scene with the Dream Eaters?

Nomura: That scene was added in the final stages of production. It wouldn’t feel right to have worked so hard raising the Dream Eaters without some sort of closure. Also, since Sora has obtained the power to open doors into the worlds of sleep, I purposely wanted to show a scene where he used that power.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
There's nothing really in the game to suggest that Sora's actions awakened all the worlds though. Like yeah the Seven Keyholes thing is iffy,
But when there are only seven, how do they awaken the remaining worlds when no Keyholes are left to unlock?
but even Nomura clarifies that there are still other Sleeping Worlds than the ones they visited.
I'm reading that quote as just saying that there are more worlds than we saw, not that there are worlds that remain in sleep after the Keyholes were unlocked. If this were speaking from the point in time of the end of the game, I think the wording would be different. Like, "more" and "still." But he says "other," which would mean "aside from the Sleeping Worlds in the game," even though they are no longer asleep at the end and wouldn't be counted among those worlds.

Could Sora not use that power to, say, open a door into Ven's heart? I have to wonder for what reason they would go back into the Sleeping Worlds (other than to visit the Spirits).

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I have to wonder for what reason they would go back into the Sleeping Worlds (other than to visit the Spirits).
To go back and awaken more Sleeping Worlds would be an obvious conclusion, imo.

Idk, I still don't think it is clear enough to say definitively one way or the other whether all the worlds were awakened or not. Eh, maybe you guys are right. I dusted off my KH3D copy and am lookin into it more lol.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The seven sleeping Keyholes are needed to obtain the power to awaken sleeping hearts, a power that Riku demonstrates when he opens the keyhole inside Sora's heart.
If there are really only seven that would mean they are not tied to a specific world each or the worlds they are in are the equivalent of the Princesses of Heart in world teams, meaning there are seven special world hearts who bestow this power.

However I do not think that by simply obtaining this power Sora and Riku automatically restored all slumbering worlds at once. Riku specifically needed to access Sora's heart to awaken it and the worlds they were and actively worked in I can see as well as they would have access to their hearts (at least Sora would, because he was arguably in the "true" sleeping worlds, or rather, the world's dream while Riku was in Sora's dream of these worlds).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back