• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should MX be darker?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Well, Well, Master Xehanort isn't as sadistic as Vanitas was until after he took over Terra's body, right?

Ralz

I think MX is already pretty dark. Considering that he can manipulate, torment, and kill people, without so much as the slightest touch of remorse, is pretty much a signpost reading "I am evil. I have no redeeming qualities. Abandon all hope ye who enter here."

Not to mention his whole campaign to, what was it? Oh yeah, restart a world-ending event JUST to see what happens.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Yeah, but he wasn't as corrupt in the beginning. He eventually became a lot more sinister as the game progressed.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I think MX is already pretty dark. Considering that he can manipulate, torment, and kill people, without so much as the slightest touch of remorse, is pretty much a signpost reading "I am evil. I have no redeeming qualities. Abandon all hope ye who enter here."

Not to mention his whole campaign to, what was it? Oh yeah, restart a world-ending event JUST to see what happens.

Yup, that's MX.

"Haw...I'm so curious what happened n the Keyblade War. I need to repeat it to understand. What? That means the apocalypse? Bah, don't care, I want my curiosity satisfied."
*whispers* "And in the end, I want to control Kingdom Hearts, enslave all that lives and become god...yadda, yadda!"
"I'm supposed to care for my young apprentice?...nah, not my style. I'll break his heart apart and then use both of the halves as tools for getting my x-blade."

To be honest, when did MX ever show any slightest bit of remorse for any of the hideous acts he did?
Most if not all of his "remorse" speeches were either to manipulate someone (Terra, Eraqus) or to threw his adversaries off-balance.
...or, as he himself stated to Vanitas: "I need to keep up appearances."
It was said very often that Vanitas is so cruel and doesn't even care about his own master, Xehanort. But I think it was the same the other way around...MX also did not give one crap about Vanitas, he was just the dark tool he needed, and if the x-blade forging would have been completed without interference, Terra possessed, Aqua dead and Ven completely enslaved by Vanitas, MX would most likely have taken the x-blade for himself and vanquish Vanitas without a second thought.

So...I don't really know how much "darker" or more sinister he could get...
Except maybe we'll see in the fnal battle against him that he uses Terra, Ven or someone other as a human shield to deter Sora from attacking him...yeah, MX is already some "heartless" bastard we have...a good main villain...and beside that he has a pedo-knack, too. *ggg*

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Yeah, but he wasn't as corrupt in the beginning. He eventually became a lot more sinister as the game progressed.

Nope, he was just as curropt at the start of the game as he was at the beginning. It's just that WE didn't get to see the precise extent of it until later into Terra's scenario.
As people said before - it's been a couple of years since he took Ven in and split the kid's Heart just to turn him into a weapon. He then unleashed the Darkness in that boy's Heart on all the worlds, just to lure a couple of inexperienced, naive kids out into the universe. One of them he was about to possess and take over - a plot he's been working on for several years as well, and the other was to be replacement material in case Ven, the same boy whose Heart he broke, died in the process of creating the ultimate weapon for the old coot's insane plots. He then proceeded to mind-fuck both those kids as well as Ven, killed a person he's known for years and then was about to send the entire universe into an apocalypse just for the lulz - something he's also plotting to do for years now.

So yeah. I'd say it's pretty easy to see that MX was as evil at the end of BBS as he was at the start. Everything he set in motion in BBS were things he planned and prepared for for years. I can't see how he exactly got 'worse' aside from us seeing it with our own eyes - but we saw it in flashbacks and his autobiography, two things that indicate things that already happened.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Maybe, you're right. But, why did MX take Ven to Destiny Islands? According to the Xehanort Reports, he did it so that Ven could die in peace, right?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Maybe, you're right. But, why did MX take Ven to Destiny Islands? According to the Xehanort Reports, he did it so that Ven could die in peace, right?

It was a one time occurance that makes this really hard to judge either way. For all we know, had he been in a similar position at the end of BBS, he'd have done something similar - thus making him, again, as bad at the end as he was at the start.
Also, there's also the matter of Vanitas to consider. Perhaps he couldn't just off the kid, so he decided to put him somewhere where he at least won't come to any harm. He got to do that AND mock his home world at the same time.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Yeah, according to the Xehanort Reports, MX brought Ven to his childhood home, because Vanitas was draining his life force. And, this would have complicated MX's plan to bring about the X-blade.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Apparently, going from that viewpoint MX had to ensure that Vanitas won't get more opportunities to feed of Ven's energy. Like Vanitas said when he speaks with Ven on DI. That whole heart-splitting ordeal leaved Ven so badly hurt and weakened that Vanitas would have easily destroyed him. MX took them apart for that reason, but realized he reacted too late and Ven was about to die. So MX decided to dump Ven somewhere like a used up battery, again no real symathy on MX's side.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Technically "classmate"

I remember the term "brother pupil" being used in the game itself, so it's a bit closer than that.

I think about the only reason why people want him to be darker is that they want it on-screen, and not have it said in a freaking interview that he's a cold hearted murderer.

Anyone who can't figure out by what was shown that Xehanort murdered Eraqus in cold blood is too immature to deserve a darker game in the first place. Seriously.

Well, Well, Master Xehanort isn't as sadistic as Vanitas was until after he took over Terra's body, right?

He seemed just as sadistic when he was taunting Terra to get him upset so he could take over. The lack of sadism before was just "keeping up appearances;" he makes evil smirks behind Terra's back when he has the chance.

Kevin Perez

Master Xehanort is pretty much responsible for disposing all the Keyblade bearers as well. He pretty much rids of anyone with a keyblade that he personally knows and that goes along with his God complex and lust for power. Remember that while Xehanort did target Terra and Ven specifically, Aqua also became a victim of his mess. 10 years of isolation in darkness, despite not being Xehanort's primary target and suffering the consquences of the other two keyblade bearers.

Yep, Master Xehanort being dark is an understatement.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Naaawwwww, he's tan enough!

MX is already pretty dark, I don't think they need to do any thing else to try and expand it. I think the thing is since he spends most of the game scheming, via, stringing Terra along, while Vanitas is on the front lines tormenting Ven and Aqua we see a sort of in contrast in style between the two. Vanitas come across as the more sadistic and evil one at times while MX is more underhanded manipulative but ultimatly his actions speak volumes.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Anyone who can't figure out by what was shown that Xehanort murdered Eraqus in cold blood is too immature to deserve a darker game in the first place. Seriously.

Nothing was shown, is the problem. Way I saw it, what happened was a pretty logical conclusion of Eraqus losing to a Darkness-wielding Terra. Who knows, I might need to rewatch that scene but I always blamed Terra's accusations later on MX's manipulation of the events, less so the actual murder.

Master Xehanort is pretty much responsible for disposing all the Keyblade bearers as well. He pretty much rids of anyone with a keyblade that he personally knows and that goes along with his God complex and lust for power.

Uh, what? No. Keyblade Wielders became scarce overall because of the Keyblade Wars. He so far only bothered getting rid of people who'd either get in his way, or whose deaths would be useful to him.

Remember that while Xehanort did target Terra and Ven specifically, Aqua also became a victim of his mess.

Because 1) With her blind belief in the Light, she was X-Blade material replacement in case Ven didn't make the cut.
2) Hurting her would give Ven incentive to fight Vanitas and Terra incentive to go berserk. She was a means to an end

Kevin Perez

Uh, what? No. Keyblade Wielders became scarce overall because of the Keyblade Wars. He so far only bothered getting rid of people who'd either get in his way, or whose deaths would be useful to him.
I wasn't implying that Xehanort was responsible for all the keyblade bearers demise. I'm specifically refering to TAV and Eraqus, who's pretty much everyone in BBS that holds the weapon. ;p

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
well i guess it depends on Disney to decide weather the series CAN go darker or NOT
because it involves their characters thus affecting their rep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back