• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should I get an XBox or PS3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowHeart Key

Website
www.freewebs.com
Should I get an XBox 360 or PS3

I never had XBox, and I had PS1 and 2. The only games on the Playstation 3 supposedly exclusive that I wanted was Metal Gear Solid 4, FF 13, and KH 3(if it is released in this gen). Metal Gear Solid is for PS3, yet FF XIII is both. Is it worth waiting for KH3 if it comes out or not, knowing XBox might get a version? I like the XBox, but everyone says that it has problems, like that red circle thing, and it overheats, yet it starts at a cheaper price. And the PS3 is still to expensive for 400. So what should I get?

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
The PS3 is not too expensive for $400 when you consider the hardware that's in their, and it's still one of the Best Blu-Ray players on the market.

Red Ring of Death (RROD) % has declined in recent months due to new and improved hardware in the 360 as a whole, but it still happens from time to time, admittedly every console is susceptible to faults that can render it in a non operational state.

Ultimately it depends on your own preferences, whether you want free online or not being one of the key ones. KH3 has not even been announced yet so don't buy a console for the prospect of one game. 360 has the better supply of games around at the moment, albeit PS3 has some great games as well, both currently available and on the horizon. It's up to you but my own personal preferences point towards a PS3 for the long haul.

Covered in Bees

FLYNN LIVES!!!
Walking out at night, alone. Bumping into street s
it still happens from time to time, admittedly every console is susceptible to faults that can render it in a non operational state.

ITT we discuss every electronic device that has ever existed.

Anyway, as for the OP's question. Personally, I own a 360. The only two PS3 games I've been looking forward to were MGS4 and FFXIII.(I'm not counting KH3 since it hasn't even been announced yet. It doesn't exist.)

I've gotten to play some MGS4, it's very nice. Depending on how much money you have, I'm not sure if you wanna spend $500 on a console just to play one game though.(soon it's going to be only $400, but my point remains)

As for FFXIII, it is coming to 360, but I'm still not sure about Versus. FFXIII Versus might still be PS3 exclusive(unless I missed an announcement whilst sleeping. In which case, I'd appreciate it if somebody would point out my mistake.)

Most people would say that a multiplayer mode isn't enough of a deciding factor for this issue. I say it is in this case, considering that true(non-MMO) multiplayer may be the thing that really separates FFXIII from all the others in the mainstream FF series.

ShadowHeart Key

Website
www.freewebs.com
I've gotten to play some MGS4, it's very nice. Depending on how much money you have, I'm not sure if you wanna spend $500 on a console just to play one game though.(soon it's going to be only $400, but my point remains)

Yeah i agree. All of the cool games like Resistance and such are going to be XBox too, so XBox seems the way to go. Since they are remaking the 40 gig with 80 gig memory for the same price, I hope they still make the original 40 gig as well for $299. Then I'll invest in a PS3. As for internet, I really could care less. I don't get service where I keep my videogames because my router only covers 2 floors.

Dant?s de Divinity

Bronze Member
On a hill in a white dress waiting for my dearest
The X-box would be the one I pick.

Yes the PS3 has better graphics but with only a handful of games with replay ability I wouldn't spend the money on it. MGS4, FF13, and Resistance look cool and MGS4 and Resistance play great but they just aren't worth buying the system.

Unless you can't live without finding what happens to the guy in your old PS2 game that ends on the PS3 don't buy a PS3.

Darkslayers

Website
gamingsource.org
I've been a SONY fan since I was 10 years old. So I have to go with the PS3. It may be alot of money, but It's worth it. It has good games, MGS4, COD4, and more!

Only promblem with the PS3, is the online is not the best, but works pretty good. I would get it. But after I heard about what there gonna have on the PS3 in the up coming months, I like it more.

It's your choose. Good luck.:thumbsup:

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
I too had been playing PS1 and PS2 for the longest time so the obvious choice for me was PS3. Frankly I have never been interested in the Xbox brand and now that Sony is cleaning up their act and delivering some truly amazing updates and blockbusters the future looks good for the Playstation brand. I say if you've been happy with the Sony brand in the past then you will feel right at home on next-gen.

JH

Ouvrez Votre Esprit
Website
www.khcentral.net
Yeah i agree. All of the cool games like Resistance and such are going to be XBox too, so XBox seems the way to go. Since they are remaking the 40 gig with 80 gig memory for the same price, I hope they still make the original 40 gig as well for $299. Then I'll invest in a PS3. As for internet, I really could care less. I don't get service where I keep my videogames because my router only covers 2 floors.

Resistance for Xbox...?

What are you smoking?

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
umm... you should probably wait until you know there are games you'll like to play and the price probably would drop down too.

Love or Hate?

You shold get an Xbox, thats what I did in your position. Do you not need to buy a HD ready TV for the PS3???

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
It's all about preference. Both systems provide an amazing time for the owner. Of course no one is going to deny it but the 360 does have alot more games. Of course the PS3 has been putting out some really awesome games as well. But the games is all about which ones you want to play more. Also look into the future and pick what games you are wanting to play.

PS3 is more built as a home entertainment system more than anything i guess. Also being blu-ray this of course is a great way to get a blu-ray player and at the same time a gaming system. Also with the 80GB only being 400 it got pretty reasonable (No BC though).
360 is built to be more of a pure gaming device. With the best online version of either system and the amount of games really would interest any gamer. Also with it being Microsoft you can almost guarentee that they will purchase companies to make games for them.

Also if your trying to buy a system based on if KH3 will come to it you must realize that there may never be a KH3.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
If those are your only choices, PS3, I guess. I've never been much of an Xbox fan.
Get a Wii.

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
Xbox 360 has a bigger game library, better online capabilities, costs less (though the price of the PS3 is slipping), better versions, great graphics and some other stuff. PS3 has blu-ray, great graphics, free online, but no BC on most of it's versions. (Backward Compatibility, meaning you can't play PS1 and PS2 games on it.)

original Xbox

He was talking about Xbox 360. But, ShadowHeartKey, you should know to called it 360 for short instead of Xbox, as you may confuse people.

If you like FPS go the with the PS3((PS3 as a Better FPS line up))

That's a joke, right?

Okay. Uh, yeah, what games do you like?

360 is the RPG console(so far) this generation from what I see, and also has a nice selection of fps.

However, Ps3's Versus XIII is still exclusive, and with shooters like Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 coming up, it becomes a lot closer.

RikuHeroOfDark

Rebirth of Twilight
It depend what kind of games you like and what you expect from a gaming system? So answer those question, if you looking for just gaming get a 360, if your looking for a blu-ray player also get a PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back