• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Shasta's Paradox Lounge

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KHRULER

Awards
Speaking of women. Lets make this entire next post entirely dedicated to women.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

The first three are obviously of the same girl. Not sure what to name her, as I want to keep her. The first drawing of her was the first drawing I actually drew of her, lol, I only thought of her Monday, and even then it was more of "ohey, a thought"

the last girl was just, it's just there xD

Whoa =] You are really good at drawing anime.I like the detail you put in them.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I like the long-haired lady at the bottom. Sorry, if I haven't been around Shasta.

Speaking of women. Lets make this entire next post entirely dedicated to women.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

The first three are obviously of the same girl. Not sure what to name her, as I want to keep her. The first drawing of her was the first drawing I actually drew of her, lol, I only thought of her Monday, and even then it was more of "ohey, a thought"

the last girl was just, it's just there xD

Shasta

Awards
I'm back for only a short time guys, I'm working on the Lightning Returns Contest being hosted. So, I finally get a good concept and basically this is it. I'm not sure about the colors...color coding it would have taken far too long..and I only have 2 days. At any rate, excuse the backdrop, as it isn't the one I'm using. I have to make a new one T.T....all this in two days, and I have my surgery next Friday as well. If there is any CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK, don't hesitate to give me any, especially regarding the color scheme. There was no overlying theme, well there was but it's obviously not present in this version. I've run through 6 different concepts, all of which sucked and were only sketches.
oh_god_oh_god_oh_god__by_unleashed360-d773jgb.jpg

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
It's good but the colours are definitely odd, the green is really throwing everything off. I assume you were trying to contrast the red but the green doesn't help with the other colours in the design. If you're gonna contrast colours you need the other colours to be similar, like a scheme of blues and purples, then a orange/yellow colour to compliment them. I think you should try looking at Lightning's costumes for inspiration, most of them seem to use black and whites and then little parts of colour. I know you're not trying to replicate their designs but still, they've got some pretty good colour schemes going on. I would definitely like to see more whites in your design. I think you should look for colour schemes on websites where you can make your own, try out and see which ones you like.

As for the character design I personally think it's a little too boring, I would love to see more stuff going on outfit wise.

Shasta

Awards
It's good but the colours are definitely odd, the green is really throwing everything off. I assume you were trying to contrast the red but the green doesn't help with the other colours in the design. If you're gonna contrast colours you need the other colours to be similar, like a scheme of blues and purples, then a orange/yellow colour to compliment them. I think you should try looking at Lightning's costumes for inspiration, most of them seem to use black and whites and then little parts of colour. I know you're not trying to replicate their designs but still, they've got some pretty good colour schemes going on. I would definitely like to see more whites in your design. I think you should look for colour schemes on websites where you can make your own, try out and see which ones you like.

As for the character design I personally think it's a little too boring, I would love to see more stuff going on outfit wise.
As much as I would have LOVED to take the time out to perfect poses and such, this is only a 10 day contest, and I had already burned through six different concepts trying to get the clothing correct and all, not really focusing on posing, but more on facial structure and getting proportions correct, as well as seeing the design through, which in all truth, I didn't follow up like I wanted to. The design inspiration is "Nostalgia". I wanted an outfit that would be reminiscent of all her others as well as some found in the actual LR game. I did take a look at the actual design choices that were "handed out" by the contest holders. I even went out of my way to look at the actual game concept art, the base for the choice of the outfit was Heartstealer, as well as her Guardian Corps uniform. When I was looking at ideas for colors...the first thing that came to mind was a character of mine from Paradox, Sky. I don't really feel like digging him up, but from the torso, up, is his basic clothing scheme. Since the first concept I drew was based around the central them of "Time" I used that. However, that didn't make it past the pencil and paper, like most of them did. The green is definitely out there, but thankfully it doesn't distract too much from the overall picture. I can already tell, that bag is going to give me a lot of trouble color-wise. Maybe change the color of the pants to black, and have the bag be orange? I'm not sure, it still has to fit in with everything else, maybe I'll just change it up into a more "vibrant" red. I want to change the color of the "half-vest" that she's wearing, I'm not sure though, maybe I'll make it lighter since it is supposed to represent some sort of armor, like the shoulder-pad does.

I wish I could have spent a lot more time on this, but I've been in and out of the Orthodontist as well, as I have my Jaw Reconstructive surgery next Friday on the 28th. That's no excuse though, I'm working as diligently as I can on this, trying to make everything work. Thank you for those tips, they should really help me in these final two days.

Shasta

Awards
I love it when I don't post forever but have like a bunch of different artwork sitting around that's not going to be seen.

Back on topic, I'm working on a different drawing, there are two titles for it. "How it should have ended" and "Picture Perfect". -disappears again-

79BNx.jpg

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
I like the "how it should've ended" title more. A great picture though who is the person to the right? (can't remember all your characters, sorry D'8)

Shasta

Awards
I like the "how it should've ended" title more. A great picture though who is the person to the right? (can't remember all your characters, sorry D'8)
Lulz, it's alright, I didn't really expect anyone to, but the one on the right is Sora, she's the blue-haired woman. Just to reassure you, the one on the left is Shasta.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Lulz, it's alright, I didn't really expect anyone to, but the one on the right is Sora, she's the blue-haired woman. Just to reassure you, the one on the left is Shasta.

I see. =D Wonder what happened to prevent that ending then.

Shasta

Awards
I see. =D Wonder what happened to prevent that ending then.
The start of Paradox happened.

At any rate, here is a screencap of my workspace as of like not even less than 5 minutes ago.

So then...I literally have over 200 separate game soundtracks on my hard drive...
7aOJT.jpg

Gram

Banned
Awards
Oh~ *o* They look even better when colored in like that.
5-500!? I barely have 90 songs on mine. xD

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
Are red and blue your favourite colours by any chance???

Anyway I love that screencap you took, it looks great so far. I love the background and Shasta's design. As for Sora I'm not too sure if I like the colouring on her, it's the blue hair and the blue top that are throwing me off a bit.

Shasta

Awards
Are red and blue your favourite colours by any chance???

Anyway I love that screencap you took, it looks great so far. I love the background and Shasta's design. As for Sora I'm not too sure if I like the colouring on her, it's the blue hair and the blue top that are throwing me off a bit.
Red, Blue, Green, and Black are my favorite colors. I wasn't entirely sure what to color her top, so I just took inspiration from Sky's clothing scheme since they are cut from the same rope. I'm not sure what to tell you about Sora's hair color, it's meant to be the exact shade of blue as Sky's is, so that's pretty set in stone, it's more a "relation" sort of thing than that's what I did regarding personality and all that jazz.

Shasta

Awards
It's been quite a while since I've been here, a little over a month to be exact. I've just been so busy lately, had my Maxillofacial Surgery, and Genioplasty for those of you who have no clue what that is, it's Double Jaw Surgery, and Chin Surgery. Nothing happened to me, it's just that I was born with misaligning jaw bones, which caused me to have an unfixable overbite through the use of braces and such, and my surgeon thought I should have my chin pushed up too for aesthetic purposes. I had the surgery on the 19th, and I'm feeling alot better, the swelling has gone down significantly, and all that jazz, my mouth is wired shut with splints though, so I can't exactly talk. Enough about that though, this is an art thread, not my life story, I'll post a thread all about it after the full healing process is done though, so anticipate that if you'd like.

As it stands I have a crap ton of art to upload, as I'm actually a little too lazy to post all of my drawings...anywhere. However, I will post the important stuff here. Speaking of which, I did draw Creshendo today, so it's the only thing I'll post up tonight since it's my most recent work. I plan to do a lot with the drawing overtime, but for now, here is the pencil drawing.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
Good lord you were gone for a month and still managed to do loads of art? How the hell do you stay motivated?

Can't see your image btw.

Shasta

Awards
Good lord you were gone for a month and still managed to do loads of art? How the hell do you stay motivated?

Can't see your image btw.[/QUOTE
Hmm...how do I stay motivated? I just want to see my ideas make it past pen & paper is all. That's honestly my only motivation. Simple, but pretty powerful at the same time.

I fixed the image, not being able to use Imageshack really puts a cap on what, and how much I upload.

Shasta

Awards
My god, I'm getting more and more lazy with posting uploading my drawings. I blame Imageshack completely for that. At any rate, I do have 4 new drawings I want to show off, wish I could show more, but they would be irrelevant to this post actually.

I've been going through some of my old concepts for various outfits for different characters, and I found one from a 2010 sketch I did and wanted to redraw it, though it turned out differently. Here it is, it's Sky in a different outfit, I still have a lot of work to do on it though, so just enjoy it I suppose.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Also, I've been trying to figure out how he would look in CGI, which I have no idea why I'm even thinking of that of all things, but I've been wanting to figure out how he would look realistically. I have drawn a younger and older version of his face. I'm satisfied with how he looks while he is older, however, his younger mugshot needs a lot more refining to me, as I don't think I captured his facial features how I want them to be.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

See you all when I see you.

Back