• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Shasta's Paradox Lounge

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Shasta

Awards
Time for that time where I'm almost done with everything involving personal issues. So happy to be almost free from burdens <3

So then, I was thinking about how I haven't drawn the CSS trio lately(oh wow, that's a totally cool and an unintentional reference to basic knowledge of web design there). I also was looking back at some of the work I have been posting here, more notability the very first one I posted. (refer to page one, obviously) So I drew this up, I'm in the process of coloring it as well, so I'll post both up, the lines and some of the colors, which I might add are not close to being finished. This includes the characters, I'm not so satisfied with Chase's skin and clothing colors (right from center) I had to change his jacket from black to cream colored as to not conflict with Shasta's jacket.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Time for that time where I'm almost done with everything involving personal issues. So happy to be almost free from burdens <3

So then, I was thinking about how I haven't drawn the CSS trio lately(oh wow, that's a totally cool and an unintentional reference to basic knowledge of web design there). I also was looking back at some of the work I have been posting here, more notability the very first one I posted. (refer to page one, obviously) So I drew this up, I'm in the process of coloring it as well, so I'll post both up, the lines and some of the colors, which I might add are not close to being finished. This includes the characters, I'm not so satisfied with Chase's skin and clothing colors (right from center) I had to change his jacket from black to cream colored as to not conflict with Shasta's jacket.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

The second spoiler tab wasn't working. I really like how you colored them. Picking the right colors for your character's clothing is always a daunting task.

Shasta

Awards
Well, while I was really bored and doing nothing, I decided to finally draw Shasta in that outfit I had drawn for a different version of him years ago, and while I was doing that...I got to thinking about the themes I want incorporated in Paradox, and one of those themes is death. Be it a direct to character translation "which this drawing is btw" or overall. I also thought about the concept of time, since Shasta is a paradox, and with the entire "Momento Mori" (Death is imminent) thing, I thought gears and an hourglass fit the drawing pretty well. Persona 3 made me think saying Momento Mori was a cool saying, especially since it works so well when talking about a certain character in Paradox. The movie was great btw, it did a really good job in capturing the first few hours of the game and condensing it into movie format! I praise the movie for making the really dark toned scenes really visible for the viewer, the lighting was damn near perfection throughout. This is just the instagram version of the drawing, I'll scan the drawing later and update the post whenever I do.

1234708_4183403800117_3271253870889259426_n.jpg

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Have you started drawing dynamic backgrounds much? So, more like environments? Your line work is pretty impeccable so, you should start challenging yourself a little more~

Shasta

Awards
Have you started drawing dynamic backgrounds much? So, more like environments? Your line work is pretty impeccable so, you should start challenging yourself a little more~
Hmm, actually I don't draw backgrounds much, but when I do I rarely put effort into it, the last one being an exception, but yes I should work on drawing a lot more backgrounds. I drew this Sonic picture about a week ago and put no effort whatsoever into it. It's supposed to be Seaside Hill, but I got extremely lazy while drawing it. Also thank you!
2vxj62v.jpg

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

I haven't commented in ages in here. I really like this design the best because of the background. The gears of clocks caught my immediate attention. The sword next to Shasta including the hourglass made this picture come to life for me. I really like the outfit you have Shasta wearing too. Was there a particular reason why you didn't care for the original design of Shasta's outfit? I think it looks good on him personally. So, was your inspiration for the background overall from Persona 3?

I also happen to like your Sonic the Hedgehog drawing. :D You captured Sonic really well. Especially all of his portions look correct. Will you be coloring him in later and finishing the background itself?

Shasta

Awards
I haven't commented in ages in here. I really like this design the best because of the background. The gears of clocks caught my immediate attention. The sword next to Shasta including the hourglass made this picture come to life for me. I really like the outfit you have Shasta wearing too. Was there a particular reason why you didn't care for the original design of Shasta's outfit? I think it looks good on him personally. So, was your inspiration for the background overall from Persona 3?

I also happen to like your Sonic the Hedgehog drawing. :D You captured Sonic really well. Especially all of his portions look correct. Will you be coloring him in later and finishing the background itself?

Nice to see you back here KitKat, haha I don't really post so much here anymore cause if no one talks then whats the point of posting endlessly?

The choice in clothing for Shasta was to show that it takes place during a different time in the story, and that he has aged slightly. So I felt the change in clothing was necessary for what I wanted the entire picture to represent. Also, look at his clothes behind the jacket and accessories..looks like a soldier to me. Haha, I wouldn't say the background was inspired by Persona 3, but the phrase: Momento Mori fit in with the overall point I was trying to get across as it relates to Shasta. I do recall saying that although Shasta is a protagonist, he won't be in the story forever.

In regards to actually explaining the background, since Shasta's existence is in-fact an anomaly, I used a few elements to describe how he got into his situation and how it all ends for him. The clock gears symbolize the reason he is an anomaly: He is sent from his time in the past to the not so distant future, which causes a series of events that he isn't aware of nor knows how to fix, yet like the gears of a clock, everything has to move forward. The slab of stone symbolizes his unwillingness to look back into the past despite what happens, but he always has that option which is why I left openings on both sides. The writing, well I don't need to explain the writing, but it all coincides with the "wings" behind him..it foreshadows the point I was trying to make earlier. His hourglass is to further emphasize that time is limited, and if you look closely to the ratio of sand in the hourglass in relation to each other I'm sure you can come to a conclusion. His sword represents his will to fight, but notice how he doesn't hold it at the ready. It's meant to show that he willing to fight, but there is no need to resort to violence for every situation, so it can be deduced that he is a passive fighter. The flag behind him was just to represent him so to speak, since there is no hint of checkerboards on his clothing, I made it into a flag instead. Also the overall background is just to represent one of three other worlds, which is almost like a moon to them. Last but not least! His facial expression, he's smiling because if something should happen to him he has no regrets for living the life he has led on.

Ha yeah thank you, I used to be a huge Sonic fan artists years ago, so I suppose thats why I can draw him so well. I didn't make plans to color him in or finish the background, and I'm not too sure about the Shasta drawing.

Yay now an opening to post new work!

So the ones of Sky and Chase are meant to be in the same series of drawings, but are rather unfinished. There is also a sort of "sequel" to the Shasta drawing from earlier.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
After reading the symbolism behind each object around Shasta; You put a lot of thought and effort into your drawings. It shows a lot that you don't get lazy after drawing the main character and put work into the objects in the back ground as well. :D As for your newest drawings, I happen to like the Sequel the most. I guess the girl won't have her name revealed, I take it? Or is Sequel her name? (highly unlikely but, I have to ask.) Another hour glass and cubes. It almost looks like she is submerged in water. And I imagine Sky has an official weapon to use now? ouo Chase looks good as always.

Shasta

Awards
After reading the symbolism behind each object around Shasta; You put a lot of thought and effort into your drawings. It shows a lot that you don't get lazy after drawing the main character and put work into the objects in the back ground as well. :D As for your newest drawings, I happen to like the Sequel the most. I guess the girl won't have her name revealed, I take it? Or is Sequel her name? (highly unlikely but, I have to ask.) Another hour glass and cubes. It almost looks like she is submerged in water. And I imagine Sky has an official weapon to use now? ouo Chase looks good as always.
The girl in Sequel is more or less a character experiment, but it is a very important drawing in relation to the Shasta drawing nonetheless. You will literally find the first drawing referenced heavily in that, not only by the debris, but the actual scene itself is in the drawing. I do have a girl I'll be showing as well, that does have a place in Paradox as a key character. She's pretty cool in the way that she plays out the same way that Chase does. Difference being, one is playing Detective, while the other is actually a certified Detective ( I only capitalized detective so it seems important.) For the moment we'll just call her Kaimi. I'll give you a quick rundown of why she joined the force. Her older brother went missing all of a sudden without warning and left no traces of his whereabouts. She wanted to do something about solving the case of her brother, as the military unit he was in provided no information on his disappearance except for a very vague MIA, in which she still believed her brother to be alive somewhere out there. So for years she studied and trained to be a detective and finally got accepted as one of the youngest members of her branch. So in short, she became a detective to track down her missing brother. Trust me, the way I worded her story is very poor, it's like 5 AM here and I'm tired..so forgive me.

Sky just got a change of weapon to go along with his change of clothing, and Chase is always super cool! I'm sure you'll notice some subtle differences with the both of them when I show them off in full while they are a tad bit older.

Here are some drawings of her, as well as a facial concept page for her. I'm sure you'll be able to figure out who her older brother is rather quickly if you pay attention to the drawings.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Shasta

Awards
Here's a little something I drew and put together earlier today. It's just a little headshot of Shasta, but I needed something to do because I was tired on working on another project. The lines in the drawing are completely done by pencil, per usual.
Page_3.jpg

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Here's a little something I drew and put together earlier today. It's just a little headshot of Shasta, but I needed something to do because I was tired on working on another project. The lines in the drawing are completely done by pencil, per usual.
Page_3.jpg
Man that looks cool. Shasta just keeps getting more handsome.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Ms. Estsalut is related to Chase. At least, that's whom she resembles the most. I really like her wearing a suit. It makes her that much more of a badass in my mind. I also like the different facial expression you've drawn of her. In particular, I like the shaded one the best. A part of me thinks of Lightning a little bit too. While still looking like her own individual self. As for Shasta being colored in, he looks quite dashing and handsome. It wouldn't be hard to picture him being more animated. :3 Just to ask, is Estsalut her official name then?

Shasta

Awards
Ms. Estsalut is related to Chase. At least, that's whom she resembles the most. I really like her wearing a suit. It makes her that much more of a badass in my mind. I also like the different facial expression you've drawn of her. In particular, I like the shaded one the best. A part of me thinks of Lightning a little bit too. While still looking like her own individual self. As for Shasta being colored in, he looks quite dashing and handsome. It wouldn't be hard to picture him being more animated. :3 Just to ask, is Estsalut her official name then?
She's Shasta's younger sister. I have an explanation for that, as well as why I draw two versions of Shasta, both as an adult (as you see in my previous post) and as a teenager. Estsalut is actually their family name. Her name however, is Kaimi.

Also, in no relation to anything at all, here is just a random drawing for practice

Image_12.jpg

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Darn. I should of known as much. Jk. xD I really like the random drawing of Kaimi. She's extremely beautiful with her hair like that. It almost looks like she's questioning something she's seeing or looking skeptical at something. So many ways to describe what her facial expression means. That's a true beauty of art.

Speaking of Shasta. Doesn't it have to do with the paradox of why their would be two different versions of Shasta? I remember vaguely of what you told me last year about their world. So, I somewhat imagine that to be why. :3 If I'm wrong or off base, its fine.

Shasta

Awards
Darn. I should of known as much. Jk. xD I really like the random drawing of Kaimi. She's extremely beautiful with her hair like that. It almost looks like she's questioning something she's seeing or looking skeptical at something. So many ways to describe what her facial expression means. That's a true beauty of art.

Speaking of Shasta. Doesn't it have to do with the paradox of why their would be two different versions of Shasta? I remember vaguely of what you told me last year about their world. So, I somewhat imagine that to be why. :3 If I'm wrong or off base, its fine.
Yeah, you are right about the two versions of Shasta being linked together. I do want to say it, okay well I will now. Shasta is in a branch of a military unit, and is a Soldier respectively. Well, I'm not going to say the specifics, but Sora has a lot to do with how Shasta is a paradox. She holds a direct hand on his state of being. Lets just look into Megaman Legends for a bit, I'm not saying the two are related in anyway but they sort of are. In Megaman Legends, we learn that Volnutt was reverted back into a child after taking very lethal damage, and separated himself from his memories and stored them into Data. Well, that same concept applies here, Sora has the power of the Goddess, Nova, because she is an incarnation of her. Long story short, when the two were out on a mission (there was a third person there, who I won't name) he is fatally injured, and not wanting to see her best friend (and possible love interest) die, she has to resort to using magic to revert him to a physical state where he was fully intact, but not being able to control it since it was the first time she had to do so, reverts him back into an infant and ends up transporting him far away from where she is, and from a narrative point of view, that's all we learn about her fate. As far as the story goes. Fast forward 14 years, and we enter Chase and Shasta. Since I did mention that Sky is the same age as Shasta, and my also mentioning there could only be one incarnation of the goddess at a time, one can put the pieces together of what happened to Sora as well.

KHRULER

Awards
Welp,its been a while,I mean a while.Ok Ok ready for more drawings of me.:3

Shasta

Awards
Welp,its been a while,I mean a while.Ok Ok ready for more drawings of me.:3
I probably laughed a lot harder than I should have. Well, welcome back to the thread, and don't worry, I'll have more drawings of "you" in no time flat >:3

Edit: Did a little work on Chase.

Chase_Soldier.jpg

Last edited:
Back