• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Secret Scene-Riku and Kairi's Torment

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
When he said "alright".

I have a feeling that to release someone from their torment has to do with their memories. By the way Riku spoke, it was as if he was referring to that one time during KH1- regardless of how thye were now. The Journal would know that Sora was at him with friends, so he wouldn't just speak as if from that time. Perhaps memories of what it was like, staying with them and hurting them?

Awards
The Japanese word they use is simply 'pain', which isn't really that serious. I dunno why they use 'Torment' in Jiminy's Journal. I wonder if they know what a strong word it is...

I think TAV kind of need restoring, and Axel being restored has been on the cards for a loooong time (despite the fact that I like the way his story ended), but Roxas and Namine shouldn't really get to be people or some bs, I don't think. That would negate the whole point of their character arcs. And the amount of bs in the asspull they'd have to do to get Xion back could very well top the bs asspulls they made to get her into the story in the first place.

I think TAV need restoring too, I just don't think that constitutes as releasing them from their "torment" (or pain). In other words, they need to be released from their pain and restored separately. If releasing them from torment meant restoring them, it wouldn't make much sense given that, in order to restore them, you'd have to do a different thing for each of them. For Ven, he needs his complete heart back, Aqua needs a way out of the Dark Realm, and Terra needs to be restored from his Heartless/Nobody condition and be rid of the influence of MX. And then there's RAX and Namine, who would all also have to have different ways by which they'd be restored.

At least, this is what I hope is the case, otherwise it would entail that RAX and Namine will be restored... And at that point, I would simply walk away from the series.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
I really hope their "troment" is just something like guilt. Riku's guilt for what he did in KH1 and hiding himself in KH2 and Kairi for just being dead weight and doing nothing helpful.

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
okay im kinda lost. what exactly is this? is this the secret scene you get to see in coded?????

Allister Rose

French Lover
i'm not so sure this scene meant that kairi and riku were still in torment. just something in the data world

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
i think this scene is only to show that he will be the same person no matter how bad things get and will try to do the right thing which is why his a wielder and his the one that needs to "save them".

or something like that....

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
i think this scene is only to show that he will be the same person no matter how bad things get and will try to do the right thing which is why his a wielder and his the one that needs to "save them".

or something like that....

Or you know.... Kairi and Riku are actually in torment like the game says.

Lumine

When your Mask falls, what will you see.
Awards
wow that's an awesome new scene =D...though Kairi and Riku are in torment?. I wonder what do they mean by that? didn't they get their hearts back? or do they mean that going through the pain of losing one's heart changed them even after they had their hearts back? like not being like they used to be? maybe the pain of guilt?...That's kinda confusing.

And it seems this scene does hint at something dark that will happen to Sora in the future...hmm again we're left with more questions than answers, great job Nomura-san -.-

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
This scene is interesting, but I'm a little confused about Riku and Kairi's Tourment.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
Does anyone know where to find this scene because I really want to see it.

MeggieKeyblader

Er, so... something bad's gonna happen to Sora in the next game, I'm guessing? Like, he's going to learn everything that we learned from Birth by Sleep (and probably more), and he's gonna go crazy or something because they contradict with his prior beliefs or something... and Riku's warning him to stay as himself. Maybe it's foreshadowing some huge awesome plot twist? Who knows.

I really don't know what they mean when Riku talks about him and Kairi's torment. >_<

And I really hope they don't bring back RAX or Namine. They're time's done, bringing them back would be annoying and useless.

Last edited:

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Doesn't this scene take place during KH1? I still don't understand why Kairi and Riku would be suffering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back