• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Science Screwed Itself Over

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Heart 2

GONE FROM JULY 21-AUGUST 10
Okay, I'm sure some of you know the Law of Conservation of Energy/Matter, it can neither be created or destroyed... if this is the case, then where the heck did the BIG BANG come from? If there was nothing, absolutely NOTHING to begin with, where the heck did this explosion that 'supposedly' create everything come from?

I think it's much easier to believe in a God that created everything in the universe, then it is to believe that a huge KA-BOOM came from non-existence.

Discuss?

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Yeah but the Big Bang doesnt reflect all scientist. Some do believe a big bang happen and the matter was there just reformed into what is here today.

The Big Lovin'

Everyone's Favorite Uncle Ji-Chan
Okay, I'm sure some of you know the Law of Conservation of Energy/Matter, it can neither be created or destroyed... if this is the case, then where the heck did the BIG BANG come from? If there was nothing, absolutely NOTHING to begin with, where the heck did this explosion that 'supposedly' create everything come from?

I think it's much easier to believe in a God that created everything in the universe, then it is to believe that a huge KA-BOOM came from non-existence.

Discuss?

Do you you're homework before you make a thread attacking a theory, okay?

Because I am too lazy to explain it to you, and hopefully don't have to dumb it down, here are some links.

Big Bang - Wikipedia

For those who don't like Wiki

Cosmology: Big Bang Theory

Or just google it yourself.

Dark Heart 2

Again, if there was nothing to begin with, where did all this TEMPERATURE and MASS come from?

And have you ever noticed that they keep changing the Earth's Age every now and then?

It used to be a few million years old... then several dozen million years old... now it's BILLIONS of years old... kind of strange, no?

Also, if you want some facts (and I mean hours worth) that can disapprove the Big Bang theory, search up a guy named Kent Hovind. He will answer many, if not all your questions (and trust me, if you actually WATCH THROUGH IT, it will take you a fairly long time). And it's not just that, it's about a whole BUNCH of other stuff, from a Creationism point of view (for those of you who don't know what Creationism is, it is the belief of a Higher Power/God creating everything in the universe). Even for those that AREN'T Christian, I think you'll enjoy it either way.

Joy

Bronze Member
Err. I didn't read the wiki, so I don't know if this is right or wrong, but whatever.

In order for the law of conservation of energy to come into play with the big bang, you would have to accept the fact that the molecules that created the big bang must have stored in them all of the energy we today have in our universe. Then it would make sense. Other than that, I don't know.

And plus, not every scientist believes in the big bang theory.

Dark Heart 2

Oh, I know not ALL sceintists believe in the BB Theory, but a lot do.

And none of you have answered my question... if there was nothing to begin with, where did the BIG BANG come from? Where did the energy and whatnot come from if there was nothing?

The Big Lovin'

Again, if there was nothing to begin with, where did all this TEMPERATURE and MASS come from?

First Law of Thermodynamics.

And have you ever noticed that they keep changing the Earth's Age every now and then?

It used to be a few million years old... then several dozen million years old... now it's BILLIONS of years old... kind of strange, no?

Who is "they" and from where?

Also, if you want some facts (and I mean hours worth) that can disapprove the Big Bang theory, search up a guy named Kent Hovind. He will answer many, if not all your questions (and trust me, if you actually WATCH THROUGH IT, it will take you a fairly long time). And it's not just that, it's about a whole BUNCH of other stuff, from a Creationism point of view (for those of you who don't know what Creationism is, it is the belief of a Higher Power/God creating everything in the universe). Even for those that AREN'T Christian, I think you'll enjoy it either way.

Oh give me a break...

YouTube - Critical Analysis of Kent Hovind's Age of the Earth

Please, bring me something credible >_>

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
Why do people assume its either God or science? Maybe God did somethings like create the universe or life forms, and then left the universe to itself.....

Dark Heart 2

Okay... but someone still has YET to answer me:

Where did this energy come from if there was nothing to begin with?

And ya, like you watched that video in the last... ten minutes or so. Not to mention the WHOLE THING is actually TWO HOURS AND A HALF... so don't be judging something until you see the whole thing. (Don't take it harshly)

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
Energy is built up over time....Its caused by different ways, meaning its impossible to figure out exactly how it was created way back then.....

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
Dark Heart 2 said:
Where did this energy come from if there was nothing to begin with?
That's rather strange.
square-enix said:
"Energy cannot be created or destroyed" does not presume that there was nothing prior to the Big Bang.
"I often quote myself, it adds spice to my conversation" - George Bernard Shaw

I'll say it in terms you'll understand.
You believe God to be eternal, or otherwise, always in existence.
Since energy cannot be created or destroyed, they must have always been in existence, and the cause of the Big Bang. Understand?

Dark Heart 2

Energy is ENERGY! God is a spirit, there IS a difference. God, being a spirit, COULD have always been here. But ENERGY would have had to be started in order for any LAWS of ENERGY to be created. It couldnt' have just STARTED from NOWHERE!

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
Energy is ENERGY! God is a spirit, there IS a difference. God, being a spirit, COULD have always been here. But ENERGY would have had to be started in order for any LAWS of ENERGY to be created. It couldnt' have just STARTED from NOWHERE!
So your point is,

God is a spirit (I don't know what you're basing this on) because I said so, therefore he could have always been, because I said so.

As for energy, your point was

Energy is energy!!! I don't understand the laws of conversation of energy and mass so it couldn't have started from no where!!! (even when the law clearly stipulates that energy cannot be created.)

I don't think is the place for you. Doesn't seem to me that you actually want to learn anything science related, just to reaffirm your faith by trying to "refute" science.
I pretty confident that there are dozens of religious sites dedicated to what you want Dark Heart. They'll probably all agree that God made the universe and that God is indeed a spirit.

Try a google search. Best of luck to ye

estray

The Big Bang is quite believable. I assume you know what a Black Hole is?

Black hole - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Not EVERYTHING from the wiki is wrong, guys)

Yeah, black holes are pretty much the reason that it's dark at night. Well anyways, scientists believe that when matter is sucked into a black hole, it may come out of the other end, known as a 'White Hole'.

White hole - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All matter in this universe, or omniverse, comes from White Holes. The sudden ejection of matter from this/these white hole(s) is what scientists refer to as the Big Bang.

The Big Bang theory is just as, if not more likely as the Creationalism theories. It sounds like this thread was made to pick a fight.

Dark Heart 2

I'm not picking a fight, people are dodging the point here. (And I'm getting "God is a spirit" from the Bible... though I guess most people don't belive that =S) Yes, I know the law STATES that it can't be created, but MATTER couldnt' have just always been here. Substances couldnt' just come from NOwhere, right? Same with black holes. According to science, black holes would require gravity, which would require force. Stuff like this just can't COME from nothing.

And S-E... i don't mean this to be harsh or rude, but I can't tell if you're being ignorant, sincere, or both in that last bit. I am very well aware there are many forums like that, I don't need to be told so. If this wasn't the place for me, than you might as well tell that to every other Christian here, because I know there are a number of them. Please, don't take offense to that, I am just strong in my beliefs.

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
The theory of a white hole is still rather, well, theoretical and not really set in stone. It is assumed by some that before the Big Bang, all matter and energy were in a black hole/singularity that eventually just exploded. And of course there are variations of that, like the universe inside the black hole and whatnot.

There is no set theory regarding the Big Bang theory and what occurred before it and what will occur as the universe continues expanding.

There is also the concept of entropy not applying to the universe on a large scale, which would solve a multitude of problems. However, that's more of a hypothesis that hasn't really been swayed one way or the other.

What I'm still curious about is why do you feel that it is impossible for matter and energy to have been in existence for infinity?

EDIT: Some extra stuff I forgot to say..

Some even consider that the Big Bang shouldn't actually be considered. It should instead use different models that play with the infinite universe theory, such as the cyclic theory. And then there is the concept that the universe is flat and eventually the universe will implode (see Fermion-boson fate of universe theory)

Last edited:

The Big Lovin'

I'm not picking a fight, people are dodging the point here. (And I'm getting "God is a spirit" from the Bible... though I guess most people don't belive that =S) Yes, I know the law STATES that it can't be created, but MATTER couldnt' have just always been here. Substances couldnt' just come from NOwhere, right?

Why not? Or how about the possiblity that they have always been there?

Same with black holes. According to science, black holes would require gravity, which would require force. Stuff like this just can't COME from nothing

Please explain what a black hole is.

And S-E... i don't mean this to be harsh or rude, but I can't tell if you're being ignorant, sincere, or both in that last bit. I am very well aware there are many forums like that, I don't need to be told so. If this wasn't the place for me, than you might as well tell that to every other Christian here, because I know there are a number of them. Please, don't take offense to that, I am just strong in my beliefs.

...you must also be strong in your own ignorance.

Look, you are just bringing up old, redundant arguments that have already been refuted years ago. Also, Kent Hovind is a f*cking moron. Excuse my language.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Dark Heart, your whole argument is based upon the ASSUMPTION that there was nothing prior to the Big Bang. Do you know as a fact that there was not a source of energy prior to the Big Bang? If you have absolute proof, please, continue, otherwise, shut up.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
The big bang could have happened or something else could have created all of what we know today. We dont know for sure hell maybe everything was created from some space company that makes planets and creates living beings too and their company is called Global Organization Dawnrise or something (couldnt think of anything with a D) but that would explain teh GOD thing. we dont know but people have the belief that a God created it and thats their belief or it was just created from the big bang and thats their belief. people can have beliefs its a freedom we contain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back