• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Science Screwed Itself Over

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkly Aesthetic

could not be found.
Website
www.myspace.com
hell maybe everything was created from some space company that makes planets and creates living beings too and their company is called Global Organization Dawnrise or something (couldnt think of anything with a D) but that would explain teh GOD thing

lol that made me laugh..

but yeah it's practically impossible to prove either theories right or wrong so i don't see what the point of arguing over it is..
as you can see it's kind of hard to convince people to change their minds in this forum...or anywhere else for that matter.

Joy

Bronze Member
Energy is ENERGY! God is a spirit, there IS a difference. God, being a spirit, COULD have always been here. But ENERGY would have had to be started in order for any LAWS of ENERGY to be created. It couldnt' have just STARTED from NOWHERE!

God would be pure energy.

You're avoiding the fact that energy could have existed the same way God may have existed. Forever. You can't grasp that fact, can you?

jamietl

jay chao, if we believed that there was something before the big bing we wouldn't bother trying to prove that its the beggining of the universe's existance. so theres no point in telling people to shut up iver something you dont know for sure about either.
wondering, has anyone ever thought that god is energy, (would explain a vague bit) as much as i hate the concept of god.... also, time should probably take place in this too, considering all of the energy/potential energy in that one point, the explosion could have created itself, from the explosion that just occured, creating the basis of the explosion and so on, creating a paradox (even though i dont think this makes sense, im just spewing out what im thinking).

Angel Shards

I would kill for you <3
God would be pure energy.

You're avoiding the fact that energy could have existed the same way God may have existed. Forever. You can't grasp that fact, can you?

Quoted for emphasis because I don't think reading it once will get it through your skull.

The Big Lovin'

Everyone's Favorite Uncle Ji-Chan
Understand, the Big Bang theory attempts to explain how the UNIVERSE was created. Not how all matter/energy came into existance.

Dark Heart 2

GONE FROM JULY 21-AUGUST 10
^
^
^
That last part is the point I'm trying to get at...

Sorry if I caused so much commotion, I just don't comprehend how matter could have always been here, but I guess you feel the same about a God always being here. I understand that. Seeing as how I don't want to be saying things that I don't know, and cause an uproar, I will leave this debate at that. I'm sorry if I caused you any trouble. Thank you for giving your input though, I do appreciate it.

And Redemption, you don't have a right to say that until you've seen EVERY, or most of the DVD's on the different subjects on whatnot (it's not JUST about the Age of the Earth, but several different subjects on different DVDs). If you still say it's crap after seeing all of them, then I believe you have a right to say and think that. Though, I don't control what you think, so go ahead and think that if you wish.

Sorry again for causing you so much trouble. Have a good day. (And I ask that you do not flame, as wrong as I may have been to start this. I would appreciate it).

God bless... though I guess you don't really care. Cya all later.

The Big Lovin'

And Redemption, you don't have a right to say that until you've seen EVERY, or most of the DVD's on the different subjects on whatnot (it's not JUST about the Age of the Earth, but several different subjects on different DVDs). If you still say it's crap after seeing all of them, then I believe you have a right to say and think that. Though, I don't control what you think, so go ahead and think that if you wish.

No, I have every right to say it. The man is full of shit. If you would have watched the video I posted, you would understand this.

Dark Heart 2

*sigh* I could come up with a whole bunch of things to debate with you, but I don't see the point, seeing as how you will never see my way, and I won't see yours :\ Though I will say you did have some good points. I will give you that :p So lets just leave this at that.

ViVi94

Trying to escape the land of idiots and retards
I actually agreed with dark heart for the most part, everything has a beginning and an end, so matter had to form sometime, it couldn't just have been there everything has a beginning, and I also agree, it's the same way with god, either way, we'll probably never know. I do believe science screwed itself in some shape or form, either with the big bang theory,or the "energy and matter can't be destroyed or created" theory, I'm sorry, I had to say that before someone closes the thread.

Angel Shards

I would kill for you <3
If *everything* has to have a beginning and an end, what about God? He must have a beginning and an end to?

"Well nuuuuuuuuuu AS, bcuz heze Gawd, adn teh buy-bull sayz....."

I hate circular logic.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
^wow thanks for clearifing that Super i now feel better about the Big Bang Theory and my idea of the company out there named G.O.D

The Big Lovin'

Dark Heart 2 said:
*sigh* I could come up with a whole bunch of things to debate with you,

Like what? You already proved you lacked even the basic knowledge of The Big Bang theory when you tried to assault, which is a fault on your part. How can we assume that you could possibly bring a legitimate argument?

but I don't see the point, seeing as how you will never see my way, and I won't see yours :\ Though I will say you did have some good points. I will give you that So lets just leave this at that.

Because none of us had any previous experiences as "Christians", right?

I actually agreed with dark heart for the most part, everything has a beginning and an end, so matter had to form sometime, it couldn't just have been there everything has a beginning,

Why? Where did you learn that everything has to have a begining?

and I also agree, it's the same way with god, either way, we'll probably never know. I do believe science screwed itself in some shape or form, either with the big bang theory,or the "energy and matter can't be destroyed or created" theory, I'm sorry, I had to say that before someone closes the thread.

Because you are just an expert on The Big Bang theory and The laws of thermodynamics, right?

SuperEclipse said:
Also its also called a theory till its been proven.

Please, explain what a scientific theory is.

Dark Heart 2

Science can prove things. The Bible can't..

Also its also called a theory till its been proven.

Science can prove CERTAIN things, the Bible can prove CERTAIN things. I'm guessing you've never read one (if you have then excuse me), so you can't say anything about it unless you've picked it up, read it several times, and tried understanding it. If you haven't, then you don't have a right to say that.

And i'm surprised yet again, someone is actually seeing SOMEWHAT of my point of view XD I warn you ViVi, agree with me, and your bound to get flamed XD I do appreciate the words, though.

And Redemption, I respect your opinions, I really do. I just don't believe them, that's all. I believe that you have more knowledge on these subjects (Science related, anyways) than I do, so I will do my homework before continuing this little conversation :p Thanks for your input, as annoying as it is sometimes, I appreciate it And i just don't see the point in continuing this anyways, because we won't see eye to eye, and I think you know that by now. :p

Well, see you all later! Have a good day... hopefully

Angel Shards

I would kill for you <3
the Bible can prove CERTAIN things.

Man "historical" references in the Bible are innaccurate.

And Redemption, I respect your opinions, I really do. I just don't believe them, that's all. I believe that you have more knowledge on these subjects (Science related, anyways) than I do, so I will do my homework before continuing this little conversation :p

I'd say Ric has a lot of knowledge on the subject because he RESEARCHES IT before talking about it.

I hate you, Dog.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
You know, this was never difficult to understand.

Energy = can't be created or destroyed

Hence, logic tells me it existed before the Big Bang.

I'm confused as to what is difficult to comprehend here...?

Xemnas-sama

Also Dark Heart I totally respect the fact you try to stick to your beliefs like but you stated in your first post that it was easier to belive in a God that created the universe Yeah it is easier to belive in such a thing. But you can't always take what's easier to belive and say it's the truth because it's easier to say and understand. Also if God made it. . .well. . .what's he? Some unkown thing undiscovered? Everyone seems to say he's humanoid or something of the sort.

Also everyone seems to want to say that the Big Bang was truly a Huge explosion but here's yet another explanation of what it was which was probably already said but I have'nt read every single post.

The Big Bang theory is an effort to explain what happened at the very beginning of our universe. Discoveries in astronomy and physics have shown beyond a reasonable doubt that our universe did in fact have a beginning. Prior to that moment there was nothing; during and after that moment there was something: our universe. The big bang theory is an effort to explain what happened during and after that moment.

According to the standard theory, our universe sprang into existence as "singularity" around 13.7 billion years ago. What is a "singularity" and where does it come from? Well, to be honest, we don't know for sure. Singularities are zones which defy our current understanding of physics. They are thought to exist at the core of "black holes." Black holes are areas of intense gravitational pressure. The pressure is thought to be so intense that finite matter is actually squished into infinite density (a mathematical concept which truly boggles the mind). These zones of infinite density are called "singularities." Our universe is thought to have begun as an infinitesimally small, infinitely hot, infinitely dense, something - a singularity. Where did it come from? We don't know. Why did it appear? We don't know.

After its initial appearance, it apparently inflated (the "Big Bang"), expanded and cooled, going from very, very small and very, very hot, to the size and temperature of our current universe. It continues to expand and cool to this day and we are inside of it: incredible creatures living on a unique planet, circling a beautiful star clustered together with several hundred billion other stars in a galaxy soaring through the cosmos, all of which is inside of an expanding universe that began as an infinitesimal singularity which appeared out of nowhere for reasons unknown. This is the Big Bang theory.

Big Bang Theory - Common Misconceptions
There are many misconceptions surrounding the Big Bang theory. For example, we tend to imagine a giant explosion. Experts however say that there was no explosion; there was (and continues to be) an expansion. Rather than imagining a balloon popping and releasing its contents, imagine a balloon expanding: an infinitesimally small balloon expanding to the size of our current universe.Another misconception is that we tend to image the singularity as a little fireball appearing somewhere in space. According to the many experts however, space didn't exist prior to the Big Bang. Big Bang Theory - The Only Plausible Theory?
Is the standard Big Bang theory the only model consistent with these evidences? No, it's just the most popular one.

This kinda says that there was something small that was already here that much resembled our universe but grew to make what we know see and say is our true universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back