• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Say yes to piracy!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Hawkins

Since KH2 has been out for a while, I'm sure this question has been asked, but I think another go would be worthwhile. Basically: What would you all think about the return of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" world, that would cover Dead Man's Chest and possibly At World's End?

I only ask because looking at this site (as well as others), it seems like the opinion is split on the inclusion of Port Royal in KH2. I personally loved it, but I see where people are coming from with the models. However, I think it would be perfect for KH3. It's obvious the third installment is going to be HUGE, especially when it comes to worlds and combat. What better way to show this off than throwing SD&G into a giant whirlpool with two pirate ships shooting at each other? Heck, the 2nd Pirates movie is all about finding a heart! You don't think Sora would have a thing or two to say to his pirate "friends" trying to control someone else's heart? (Jack vs. Will vs. Sora!!!)

I think it would be a tragedy if POtC gets left out of KH3, but that's just me. What do you think community?

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I liked the world, but it seemed like it had absolutely nothing to do with the outside stories. It'd be pretty epic if they do it right, but I'd rather see other worlds if it came down to picking between Port Royale and somewhere else. I'd rather go back to Neverland and fly, than go back to Port Royal.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Totally thought this was a thread about illegally downloading Kingdom Hearts III when it came out, lmao.

I'm indifferent to the inclusion of PotC in KH3, but I remember thinking it wasn't all that fun in KH2, so I'm skeptical. The Kraken would be a hoot of a boss fight, but other than that, I can't think it'd be all that amazing. Well, that maelstrom ship battle from the third movie would be nice. Some KH2 style stuff where Sora flies back and forth between ships would be pretty epic.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
B-but, but what about Treasure Planet - surely you want that band of pirates in KHIII over Johnny Depp?

I actually liked Port Royal, and I've only ever seen the first PotC, but liked it well enough. I like that the models and realism broke up the monotony of the worlds. I mean, the animated classics are where it's at, but this is KH. It needs a diverse universe. The worlds should differentiate. I've been all for thinking outside the box ever since Disney X Final Fantasy. Seeing the (claymation? / stop-motion) Nightmare Before Christmas world was just mind-blowing the first time.

Do I think I need to revisit PR? Not particularly. There are other worlds (realistic or otherwise) that I would like to see, but I certainly wouldn't mind revisiting it. There's enough material for them to work with also.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I'm pretty sure that the team is now capable of making Sora and co. blend better into the environment and with the world characters of Port Royal, so assuming that the world is to make a reappearance, I'd be interested to see how it would turn out to be.

I just hope that they don't include the world just because. I'd like it to have an impact or be relevant to the overarching storyline. The first visit to Port Royal in KH2 suffered greatly from zero contribution (but wasn't it the case for some worlds in KH2?), being only a reenactment of the movie plot with Heartless thrown around. It was only in the second visit that it became quite interesting, with Luxord's appearance and the game-like mission of retrieving the stolen medals from the Gamblers across the world.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
i liked port royal so i would mind that world making a return. but instead of adapting "dead man's chest" and "at worlds end", they should just skip those movies and adapt "on stranger's tides"

Scorpio

B-but, but what about Treasure Planet - surely you want that band of pirates in KHIII over Johnny Depp?
I thought about that too. If it had to be one or the other, I'd go with Treasure Planet.
Pirates in Space > Regular Pirates.

If PotC returns, I agree that it should be an original story adapted from the two movies. I don't want to sit through the Will/Elizabeth romantic sub-plot again. In fact, just cut them out altogether.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I'm pretty sure that the team is now capable of making Sora and co. blend better into the environment and with the world characters of Port Royal, so assuming that the world is to make a reappearance, I'd be interested to see how it would turn out to be.

I just hope that they don't include the world just because. I'd like it to have an impact or be relevant to the overarching storyline. The first visit to Port Royal in KH2 suffered greatly from zero contribution (but wasn't it the case for some worlds in KH2?), being only a reenactment of the movie plot with Heartless thrown around. It was only in the second visit that it became quite interesting, with Luxord's appearance and the game-like mission of retrieving the stolen medals from the Gamblers across the world.

I loved how Sora, Donald, and Goofy stood out in KH2 at Port Royale. It really added to the humour of them "not being from around here." I'm sure if they want to, they can have Donald put on a spell to "fit in better" but it wouldn't explain why they didn't do it the first time or why they're doing it the third time they're visiting.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I loved how Sora, Donald, and Goofy stood out in KH2 at Port Royale. It really added to the humour of them "not being from around here."

While it should have already been obvious from their attire that there aren't from around Port Royal, I guess you can think positively of the poor models that way. Although... I hope it's not bad for me to hope that they'll have the models refined if Port Royal or any live-action movie world is to make an appearance in KH3.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
While it should have already been obvious from their attire that there aren't from around Port Royal, I guess you can think positively of the poor models that way. Although... I hope it's not bad for me to hope that they'll have the models refined if Port Royal or any live-action movie world is to make an appearance in KH3.

I always saw them as doing that intentionally since it was supposed to be them coming into the "real world." I think they even had Sora say that the world looked "funny" or something along those lines.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
If you asked this thread before KH2 I would have been dead against it, I'm not a fan of PoC in KH BUT now that it's in, I'd hate to see it be ignored, especially when the series is so ripe for great bosses (Davy Jones, Kraken, mermaids, zombies, Blackbeard, etc.) so I do want to see the world return, perhaps focusing on the 2nd movie so we can get some huge epic battle against the Kraken that is like the Rock Titan battle we saw in the trailer (just not on a train in the middle of the ocean)...

Gram

Banned
Awards
I dont want to see it return at all. Just felt so out of place.

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards

Why have I not thought about this possibility before?! As of right now this is my new most hyped world.

As for a PoTC world, I remember enjoying Port Royale but being irritated by the enemies. Having to wait until the pirates entered the light to deal damage was annoying in my opinion. That shouldn't be the case anymore though, since that isn't in the plot at all after Curse of the Black Pearl.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
Not only is the combat perfect, theme wise it is absolutely IDEAL for this game, with Davy Jones removing his heart there are endless possibilities with heartless and a potential nobody.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I dont want to see it return at all. Just felt so out of place.

I felt like there was no point to it. One of the thing that a lot of people agree with is that in KH1, the plot's of each Disney world were twisted to incorporate Sora's journey. In KH2, it was the other way around. Sora was on a journey, but he just decided to help these random people who's problems had nothing to do with his own. So, it felt weird.

Yeah, they were looking for Riku and Mickey and they thought "Well, if we can't find Riku and Mickey, we should at least help those in need!" But still. That was the problem. It made sense, but it took away from the motivation. It felt like you were just in a Disney world because you were playing KH, not because you had a real reason to be there.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Unfortunately, the danger of having this again is still there with KH III, as they're practically replacing the premise "search for Riku and the King" with "search for the Key to Return Hearts".
Depending on how they implement the Disney worlds, the actual search for this Key may be put on a backburner for a large swath of the game where we just re-enact the plots of the Disney movies again, moving not an inch closer to actually saving any of the tormented or prepare for the final battle.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
i liked port royal so i would mind that world making a return. but instead of adapting "dead man's chest" and "at worlds end", they should just skip those movies and adapt "on stranger's tides"
For once I agree with you. Only because I've been saying this ever since OST first came out.

While the plots of Dead Man's Chest and At Worlds End would fit with the KH series, I'd rather focus on a race between one of the Xehanorts and the pirate team to find the Fountain of Youth (where a potential clue to the location of the Key to Return Hearts may be, or where they think it is but it's not actually there like Kairi and Riku in Deep Jungle).

alxnort

Awards
I would be OK with them adding in another PotC world in, but they would need to tie it in with the overarching story of KHIII for me to be satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back