• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku's upcoming development

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

digimikej

Awards
I can't remember if it ever was confirmed, but I know for a fact that it was heavily, heavily implied, which pretty much means it's confirmed.

When a Heartless is defeated, its heart disappears into a state of suspension in another Realm/dimension that we don't know of yet. When a Nobody is defeated, its body rejoins with its heart. If a Nobody gets defeated first, there's a smaller chance that the heart and body+soul will rejoin, but it's still possible.

i personally, even though there is absolutely NO basis for it, believe that axels heartless has already been defeated. imo, its the trickmaster, or whatever tht thing in wonderland was. i mean, it controlled fire, its a horribly annoying boss to fight in the games its in, that just goes with axels personality. still, no basis.

on topic, i see riku interacting with disney characters in a way where he has a guilt trip. because i believe the PoH worlds are gonna be here, at least some of them. when he sees any of them, he will feel guilt. and im sure he actually personally got a few of them, so it should be interesting.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
i personally, even though there is absolutely NO basis for it, believe that axels heartless has already been defeated. imo, its the trickmaster, or whatever tht thing in wonderland was. i mean, it controlled fire, its a horribly annoying boss to fight in the games its in, that just goes with axels personality. still, no basis.
Trickmaster was an Emblem Heartless, though. Regardless, I'm sure his Heartless has been, or, will be defeated at some point.

on topic, i see riku interacting with disney characters in a way where he has a guilt trip. because i believe the PoH worlds are gonna be here, at least some of them. when he sees any of them, he will feel guilt. and im sure he actually personally got a few of them, so it should be interesting.
Four of them were captured before the start (at least based on the Awakening at the beginning of the game). As for the rest, well...Kairi is self-explanatory. Alice supposedly went straight to HB when she disappeared. Jasmine's the only one that Riku captured.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
@The Bold.

When was that confirmed that he became whole again ...you mean just by being destroyed Lea's nobody and heart came back together to form him again as whole? Is that rule of that universe where if somebody gets destroyed either by their heart or nobody evaporating into darkness this makes them whole again? I'm sorry I'm just a little confused by this.

Whenever the heartless is destroyed, the heart is released and goes into suspended animation. When the nobody is defeated, the body and soul rejoin the heart and the whole being is reformed. This has only been confirmed to have happened with Xemnas/Xehanort and Axel/Lea.

I remember in the novels, Namine said after Axel dissapeared, he found his heart and became whole. Thus Lea will return. I don't know where to find the novel translations, it's just been years since I remember hearing this so yeah...too lazy to look it up again.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Riku's development, eh? A touching subject, as he's gone through a lot of it. At the end of KH2 we saw the side of Riku from DI at the beginning of KH1, to an extent, just less cocky, and with SRK being on Destiny Islands for a while after KH2 (I'm guessing a month minimum), Riku could of possible gone back to his old self, just without darkness, which I don't see him falling back into soon. If Riku does fall back into darkness, I'll rage quit.

Early in the thread, Ethnic Woman mentioned some tagline for KH3D, "when light and darkness stand together, light falls to darkness." While I don't know where she got this, I'm gonna elaborate on it anyways. First of, I see that this could have two meanings, one of which I very much dislike, and then another, which could also have two meanings on it's own. I'll explain the latter first. If, in this tagline, light=Sora and darkness=Riku, then this could either mean that Sora and Riku standing together will cause Sora to fall to darkness, or Sora falls to Riku, and fails to earn the MoM. As for the meaning I'd dislike, the tagline could be metaphoric for Riku's heart, not Sora and Riku.

Let me explain, Riku obviously has darkness still in his heart, as he only uses Dark Magic at the end of KH2, but he wields it for good. When the machine exploded, Riku really just reverted back to post-CoM, except without the torment of Ansem SOD, and more wisdom. He had finally found the balance between Light and Darkness (unrelated note: MX tried to obtain this perfect balance for the whole universe, and, also, this is the balance Ventus and Vanitas had to have to create X-blade [food for thought]). So, what if this tagline means when Riku tries to have Light and Darkness stand together in his heart, the Light in his heart falls to the Darkness? I hate the thought of this.

/rambling

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
lets take the idea of riku fallling out the equation
then what are we left with

blueheart

Bronze Member
Alice supposedly went straight to HB when she disappeared.

I've always had a theory that it was the Cheshire Cat that took her with the heartless at his command. I know it sounds dumb, but just think of it. They never attcked them, and they came when he said they would, all casually. Of course, he would be smart enough to distatch himself from them afterwords.

digimikej

Awards
I've always had a theory that it was the Cheshire Cat that took her with the heartless at his command. I know it sounds dumb, but just think of it. They never attcked them, and they came when he said they would, all casually. Of course, he would be smart enough to distatch himself from them afterwords.

it all makes sense now....THE MYSTERIOUS FIGURE IS THE CHESHIRE CAT!.....im sorry i couldnt resist. but seriously, i agree that the cheshire cat is related to the heartless somehow.

localorange

Kairi falling into darkness.

I sense a possible joke in this. XDD

On a more serious note, Sora has turned into a free hotel (which defeats the purpose of having one...so maybe he just has one too many couch surfers parking it in his heart). As many people have said on this forum, it's high time for him to have an identity crisis.

I'd much rather see Riku turn into the keyblade master Terra saw him as.

blueheart

Bronze Member
That doesn't really fit, having Sora failing the MoM. He's full of light and has done more than enough to prove himself a master. Maybe he could begin to have doubts, maybe his heart might darken a bit, but he wouldn't fall to it, and not even enough to hurt his chances at passing the exam. That's just not him.

Riku though...Since he seems to be okay again, I could see MX messing with him, guilt tripping him, and using his sadness to his advantage. He wouldn't fall to darkness again either, but he would be upset for the rest of the story until Sora tries to help him. That, or MX might try something on him, like luap911 said about the X blade.

Last edited:

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
That doesn't really fit, having Sora failing the MoM. He's full of light and has done more than enough to prove himself a master. Maybe he could begin to have doubts, maybe his heart might darken a bit, but he wouldn't fall to it, and not even enough to hurt his chances at passing the exam. That's just not him.
Yen Sid and Eraqus may not be on the same page when it comes to Master qualifications. MX has gone to show that you don't have to believe in absolute light or suppress your darkness to be considered a Master.

Riku though...Since he seems to be okay again, I could see MX messing with him, guilt tripping him, and using his sadness to his advantage. He wouldn't fall to darkness again either, but he would be upset for the rest of the story until Sora tries to help him. That, or MX might try something on him, like luap911 said about the X blade.
The problem there is that that's Reverse/Rebirth all over again. Some MX/Riku conversations would be interesting, though, to say the least.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

he may have to learn to use darkness when neccesar "he's far to nice"

localorange

I never said anything about Sora failing the MoM - I don't think he will either. I just think it's high time he had an identity crisis. (and not just because Sora's still due for some character development). It's going to come out sooner or later in the next two games that Riku was actually chosen to wield a keyblade, while Sora was given the gift on purely accidental circumstances. I won't be surprised if someone like MX uses that to try to twist the two of them to his own advantages. Riku won't fall to the darkness again because...honestly, that's old. And repeated. On top of that, Ven's heart was torn because of Vanitas. I'll be incredibly surprised if we don't see Vanitas coming back in any of the two games. And if he does, he's going to be going straight for Sora, because that's where Ven is.

I do however think Sora has a chance of falling into the RoD at one point or another - but knowing Sora, he'll make a few friends along the way and find a way out.

Yen Sid and Eraqus may not be on the same page when it comes to Master qualifications. MX has gone to show that you don't have to believe in absolute light or suppress your darkness to be considered a Master.

I don't think they are on the same page. MX and Eraqus certainly aren't. In fact, they're on two opposite sides of the spectrum. If I had to take a guess, I'd say Yen Sid recognizes that light and dark have to be balanced - instead of the dark being vanquished (Eraqus) or recognizing the need for balance but embracing the dark with open arms (MX).

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
lets not stry off into sora guys this is about riku
often is pushed out of the spotlight
[video=youtube;D-NM-q9VXoA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-NM-q9VXoA&feature=feedrec_grec_index[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back