• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Returning Magic for KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

dgdx218

What spells from any past game would you like to see return in KH3? The main stays do not count(cure, fire, thunder, etc.), because I am sure they will return. For me, I would like to see Balloon from DDD return as it was one of the most useful spells in that game. Spark from DDD would also be cool but I never found it to be all that good as it took too long to actually fire and it never lasted too long. Mega Flare and Firaga Burst would also be cool, but I don't know how that would actually work based off of the magic system from KH2.

Also, I would like to see -za upgrades like zero graviza and stopza from DDD added to all the other spells. So we can have curaza or firaza. Or would that be to OP?

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I'd like to see the Aero spells return. I liked the idea of having buffs in the game and I'm really surprised they took it out in Kingdom Hearts II. As well as the idea that it could work against you like in Ice Titan.

We have seen Firagun and Blizzagun used before in KHII but I'm sure the debate between -gun/-za suffixes was just a translation inconsistency and -za is the updated version in KH3D.

Rael_Oblivion

I'd like to see the -za tier of spells, Mega Flare, and the fire series go back to long range like in I. I prefer the zero gravi- line to gravity or magnet. And finally, I'd like reflect to come back.

dgdx218

I'd like to see the Aero spells return. I liked the idea of having buffs in the game and I'm really surprised they took it out in Kingdom Hearts II. As well as the idea that it could work against you like in Ice Titan.

We have seen Firagun and Blizzagun used before in KHII but I'm sure the debate between -gun/-za suffixes was just a translation inconsistency and -za is the updated version in KH3D.

I forgot about Aero and it would be cool to see it again. And I didn't use -gun because, to me it only really works with the offensive magic. -za sounds more universal to me.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
The only spells I would like to have in every KH game are Aero and Cure. And I personally prefer Fire and Blizzard to be projectile spells like in the original game (where Fire hits one target and blizzard hits several). The only other spell I've liked was Magnet. Balloonga is fun in 3D, but somehow I don't think it would work on a main game. Plus, it never felt like real "magic" to me, even though it technically is.

Tbh, not to be all "old is better," but I do miss the way magic worked in the first game. Maybe it's just me, but I remember getting upgrades (like Cure in Deep Jungle, Gravira after Oogie, and Thundara after Ursula) just felt more satisfying in that game. In KH2, I barely even knew when I had got an upgrade and the only time they made any difference at all was when I needed the Magnet upgrade to finish Atlantica. Part of it just might be the difference in difficulty level between games (and how much more defense spells seem like lifesavers), but I believe it's also the lack of bosses like Trickmaster, Phantom, or Ursula (1st time) that require the use of spells. Who knows.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
As my most favorite spells are the Mines and Balloons, I would absolutely love to see those return.
I completely forgot that Aero was originally a defense spell. I want it baaaaaaack!

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
The only spells I would like to have in every KH game are Aero and Cure. And I personally prefer Fire and Blizzard to be projectile spells like in the original game (where Fire hits one target and blizzard hits several). The only other spell I've liked was Magnet. Balloonga is fun in 3D, but somehow I don't think it would work on a main game. Plus, it never felt like real "magic" to me, even though it technically is.

Tbh, not to be all "old is better," but I do miss the way magic worked in the first game. Maybe it's just me, but I remember getting upgrades (like Cure in Deep Jungle, Gravira after Oogie, and Thundara after Ursula) just felt more satisfying in that game. In KH2, I barely even knew when I had got an upgrade and the only time they made any difference at all was when I needed the Magnet upgrade to finish Atlantica. Part of it just might be the difference in difficulty level between games (and how much more defense spells seem like lifesavers), but I believe it's also the lack of bosses like Trickmaster, Phantom, or Ursula (1st time) that require the use of spells. Who knows.

The magic felt more special and scarce in KH1. In KHII, magic was nerfed a bit. In the handhelds, magic is given out like candy and is the easiest way to win.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
There are many magic spells I'd like to see again, especially since both BBS and DDD were very generous in terms of different magic abilities and didn't feel so limited/cramped as KH 1 and 2.

Mostly however I would like to see some spells to finally account for all eight elements.
We have the Fire, Blizzard and Thunder series as staples, Holy, Faith etc. for light based attacks and Aero-series/Tornado for Wind, so how about adding the last three elements as well, meaning some Earth, Darkness and Water-based spells.

I remember Terra having Quake and some other Earth-based technique and I guess Dark Firaga counts as Darkness, but I've yet to see a true Water-spell.
While Balloon and its variants are waterbased, they do not really count as a pure Water-spell.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I'm not concerned with what magic returns tbh. All I want is for magic to actually feel like it's relevant or worth exploring. In KH1 you was awarded tech points for finding what magic enemies were weak too when you attacked them with it (like how those fire heartless get stunned and award tech points if you use blizzard on them) and in BBS magic was actually useful because the variety of spells more or less sky rocked giving you actual strategies to work with. (like mining the Vanitas Sentiment to bits)

Days, DDD, ReCoded and especially KH2 didn't offer that in my opinion. So I just want spells to be actually worth bothering with more or less.

NeoshadowXC

They're adding those new theme park rides! But I'd also expect some sort of variant on Gravity from KHI, I was so disappointed it didn't come back in KHII

kmorris2609

Definitely the theme park rides, more summons of new characters and old ones, like genie, and improved magic from previous games.

disney233

Awards
I would so like to see the spells upgrade to the ja/jra and za/zra tier 5 tiers in total I mean come on!
Firajra, Firaza,
Blizzarjra, Blizzarza,
Thundarja, Thundarza,
Curaja, Curaza,

and many more! They would have an epic anoint of power.

disney233

Awards
There's Gravity a spell that can force enemies down, and Zero Gravity a spell that can force the enemies up. Why not have both of them in KH3

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Fire better be a projectile, and my controller better vibrate when I use it. How else am I supposed to know that I'm PLAYING WITH POWER?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Fire better be a projectile, and my controller better vibrate when I use it. How else am I supposed to know that I'm PLAYING WITH POWER?
If you get controller vibrations, then I want any and all magic sound effects to come through the DS4 speakers. I also want Donald and Goofy's in-game battle quotes to come through there as well.

Edit: Anyways, I want Aero back. Never used it before 1.5 Remix and that was when I discovered how amazing it is. Same goes for Reflect. Bring that back too. Then mix it up so when Aero is on, it acts as a block and enemies that hit you activate a shockwave of damage that hits all surrounding enemies and deals massive damage. The most OP of magic.

Last edited:

Some guy

I'd rather fire stay a radial attack tbh, that way it's more situational ... What's the point in having different magics if they're all projectiles? (granted with different ranges) But unless they change it, the trailer we got already confirmed they're projectiles ... Well, as long as blizzard works differently ...

And I really hope aero, reflect, (zero)gravity, magnet, balloon, and mine are nerfed (if those ever come back), as they break the games. They're still needed in some cases though (like in a lv1 run for instance), and one can still choose not to use them, so it doesn't matter that much.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'd rather fire stay a radial attack tbh, that way it's more situational ... What's the point in having different magics if they're all projectiles? (granted with different ranges) But unless they change it, the trailer we got already confirmed they're projectiles ... Well, as long as blizzard works differently ...
I hope Blizzard is like how it is in Type-0, where it freezes the ground and enemies surrounding you for a few seconds.
That way you get Fire as a long range projectile, Blizzard as a close range shield/stop type of magic, and I guess I wouldn't mind Lightning being the same as it has been in other games, that is a far distant attack from above.

Some guy

I hope Blizzard is like how it is in Type-0, where it freezes the ground and enemies surrounding you for a few seconds.
That way you get Fire as a long range projectile, Blizzard as a close range shield/stop type of magic, and I guess I wouldn't mind Lightning being the same as it has been in other games, that is a far distant attack from above.
I love that idea! BOM is actually my fav magic type in type-0. And how cool would it be if the ice lingers for a set period and acts as a shield? That way it can be useful even at long range!

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'd also like a Blizzard that acted similar to Glacier in BbS. Perhaps they could have Firaga do something similar to Mega Flare. I'd also like a Light/Holy magic for once.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back