• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Reputation - little boxes made of ticky-tacky

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Rep is back! In an effort to make things a bit less complicated this time around, there will only be one rule: don't do anything in a rep comment that you wouldn't do anywhere else on the forum.

The point of the rep system is to encourage better posting. Be sure to give credit where it's due and award your fellow members with positive feedback!

…Or if someone's being ignorant, you can negrep them. Which ties back in with encouraging better posting. That's cool too.

User should go fly a kite (-26 or lower)
User can only hope to improve (-25)
User has yet to make a name for themselves (0)
User is slowly finding their bearings (50)
User is a diamond in the rough (100)
User is on a distinguished road (250)
User is kind of a big deal (500)
User is beyond repute (1000)
Rankings are pending. If you have better ideas for them, then shoot.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Re: little boxes made of ticky-tacky

The green bar reminds me of Pokemon.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

Ahh I remember when KHinsider used to have the rep system. Are you still able to see each of the reps you've obtained? I remember when you checked your User CP, there was a tab that displayed the person's username along with the comments of who gave the reputation.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

(Malvina Reynolds/Weeds <3)

Questions: I've never encountered this feature on any other boards I frequent; what exactly does reputation prove? For example, are users able to dole out judgement carelessly without pause like youtube's like/dislike function? Do you receive an invoice detailing why someone gives your post a good/bad rating? Do you review the rep comments? In other words, I'm curious because folks have a right to defend themselves without people rashly affecting their reputation.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

Questions: I've never encountered this feature on any other boards I frequent; what exactly does reputation prove? For example, are users able to dole out judgement carelessly without pause like youtube's like/dislike function? Do you receive an invoice detailing why someone gives your post a good/bad rating? Do you review the rep comments? In other words, I'm curious because folks have a right to defend themselves without people rashly affecting their reputation.

nothing so intricate lol

reputation is supposed to encourage better posts from users. if you think a user has made an insightful/well-thought out/humorous post, click on the little star at the bottom left of their post and give them rep for it. that's about the extent of it, but in reality it doesn't necessarily amount to much, it's just a fun little feature.

it used to be that you could see who repped you, but we got rid of that feature to lessen the drama we often got from people who cared too much about rep.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards

wow man all my six boxes are gone just because you disabled this and brought it back now

i hate you

<3

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

wow man all my six boxes are gone just because you disabled this and brought it back now

i hate you

<3
its ok bb you get a second box when you reach 100 rep <3

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards

i swear if you start competing with smile again i will end you

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards

you know he still might

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Did anything in particular prompt this decision or...?

Silh

Slippery People
Awards

So this is why KHI has been down for the past few days. . .
It actually wasn't until yesterday that I started resetting the rep system. >:

To add to Paolo's response:

Members can rep twice a day and cannot rep the same person again until they've given rep to another 20 people. You can see rep comments in your settings, but you can't see who left what (to avoid rep4rep). We'd like to review rep comments, but that was what made us take it down to begin with (too many people complaining about negreps). We'll see what happens. I think the way it is right now should be fine.

Did anything in particular prompt this decision or...?
Mostly just me and Jeels and a few others missing it. Lengthy, well thought out posts going unrewarded was a small factor. ;P

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Does the notifications go away over time or is there a manual way to get rid of them? Like, I have two rep notifications in my CP from before 5 pm today. It's now past 10 pm and they are still there.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards

You mean the notification below the subscribed threads?

The latest reputation will always be shown I think. The list can only go up to ten or so reps though so the older ones get pushed away from the list. I never figured out if it can be taken off.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

You mean the notification below the subscribed threads?

The latest reputation will always be shown I think. The list can only go up to ten or so reps though so the older ones get pushed away from the list. I never figured out if it can be taken off.

Oh well. Thanks anyway.
It's nice to see the rep there, but it would be nice to make it vanish after a while :>

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards

Basically, hell yes. Something to work for again! My god.... I have no life... anyway, assholes better not get it taken away again. Make it clear to not complain about Negrepping. That is why we took it down in the first place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back