• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Platform for Birth by Sleep Volume 2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulicies

Re: Which console/handheld will Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Volume 2 be available to?

The fact that I still own a PSP to play BBS (still beating it myself at the moment) means that it would be much easier for me to get into Volume 2 if it was released on PSP. I doubt that we'll even get an american release. If we do, I'll be pre-ordering it. Although, if it does come out for PSP2, it will give me a reason to pre-order a PSP2.

DiceKiller

hope I don't rust
Re: Which console/handheld will Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Volume 2 be available to?

Yeah I'm guessing it's going to be released on the PSP. I'll be a bit disappointed if it's not.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

The fact that I still own a PSP to play BBS (still beating it myself at the moment) means that it would be much easier for me to get into Volume 2 if it was released on PSP. I doubt that we'll even get an american release. If we do, I'll be pre-ordering it. Although, if it does come out for PSP2, it will give me a reason to pre-order a PSP2.

It's a full game -- they'll do everything they can to release it in the US. (Remember, the reason why they made Re:Coded is because we wouldn't have been able to play Coded otherwise, and Coded would be barely relevant storywise in comparison)

If that means releasing it on NGP/3DS instead of PSP, they'll do that in a second.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I think it'll be for the PSP and my main reason is this:

Disney (and presumably Square Enix after what happened with Dissidia) do not want to send out a game to be downloaded on the PSN because it makes it easier for hackers and pirates to steal it. This is why BBS only got a UMD release. The PSP2... is a download-only handheld. It doesn't have a UMD slot. So it makes much more sense for Disney to stay away from that and just release BBS Vol 2 as a UMD on the PSP.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards

Disney (and presumably Square Enix after what happened with Dissidia) do not want to send out a game to be downloaded on the PSN because it makes it easier for hackers and pirates to steal it. This is why BBS only got a UMD release. The PSP2... is a download-only handheld. It doesn't have a UMD slot. So it makes much more sense for Disney to stay away from that and just release BBS Vol 2 as a UMD on the PSP.

the psp2 has a cartridge slot
like the 3ds

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

the psp2 has a cartridge slot

Really? Because my Gameinformer magazine said otherwise... they said it was pretty much going to be like an HD PSP Go with more features on.
Then again, they also gave Re:Coded a 6/10 (what the heck?!) so I don't know... (yes I know that has nothing to do with content being false or true but... really? a 6/10? That's about the same rating they gave 358/2 Days)

xVanitas

I think you're mistaking the PSP2 for the PSP Go. The PSP2 (named the NGP) uses cartridges, like the 3DS.

SRKxTAVxRAX

psp_media-620x465.jpg

Thats the slot.
The PSP2 is going to have its own games made on the cartridges. You only have to download the original PSP games' because of the lack of UMD slot.
So pirating reasons wont matter at all when they decide which console/handheld its going to be on. If they haven't already decided. Which they probably have since Nomura say's he designs the games to work best on the system they're on. And I'm sure they've probably already started working on it. Who was it on here that said they're on Voice Recording already..? Was that ever confirmed?

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards

Ok
so im a box fag

(atleast for KH)
if my game does not come in a nice and pretty box i can stare at
i wont buy it

and that is why i was happy that the ngp had tangible games

Ikkin

Bronze Member

I think you're mistaking the PSP2 for the PSP Go. The PSP2 (named the NGP) uses cartridges, like the 3DS.

No, he's referring to the rumors from Gamespot, which did say that the NGP was going to be download-only.

Of course, those rumors are wrong, but it would explain his confusion.

I'll leave this here, to show what the game cards look like:
ngp_photo17_m.jpg

EDIT: Beaten, lol.

Ulicies

Unfortunately I can't find the link to where the article talks about Disney putting code into the game itself that keeps it from being saved onto a memory stick period, or something along those lines. Ultimately, it's impossible to ever get BBS digitally, unless the PSP made use of the new cloud-based saving system, and even then, you won't be able to download it on anything other than a PSPGo.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Okay thanks for clearing that up.

I have to say those cards look a LOT better than the UMDs right now...

Unfortunately I can't find the link to where the article talks about Disney putting code into the game itself that keeps it from being saved onto a memory stick period, or something along those lines. Ultimately, it's impossible to ever get BBS digitally, unless the PSP made use of the new cloud-based saving system, and even then, you won't be able to download it on anything other than a PSPGo.

I guess you didn't hear about the English version of BBS getting leaked a weak before it's release.

1+1=FISHXD

i would blame sony if bbsv2 was realesed for the ngp and not psp =/

SRKxTAVxRAX

Eh they spend way too much time worrying about pirating. Every game that has been "secured" has gotten pirated with no longer than 2 weeks from the release day of said game. They really need to start putting that extra time in getting the product done sooner lol

Okay thanks for clearing that up.

I have to say those cards look a LOT better than the UMDs right now...

I guess you didn't hear about the English version of BBS getting leaked a weak before it's release.

Yeah they do, and I'm betting that loading times will be alotttt better on cartridges. BBS load times were horrible even with the data install...

Ikkin

Bronze Member

i would blame sony if bbsv2 was realesed for the ngp and not psp =/

If BbSv2 releases any later than the end of this year, releasing it on PSP wouldn't be feasible regardless of what Sony did. =/ FF Type-0 is probably the last major PSP release that S-E will have.

Yeah they do, and I'm betting that loading times will be alotttt better on cartridges. BBS load times were horrible even with the data install...

Well, remember, while carts are much better at transferring data than UMDs could ever be, the NGP is going to have 16x to 32x as much RAM as the original PSP and needs that extra transfer speed. It'll definitely have less loading, but they probably won't be able to get rid of it completely.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

E

BBS loading times weren't that bad... they are seriously over-exaggerated in my opinion. With data install, they're the same length as the KH2 loading screens :/

SRKxTAVxRAX

BBS loading times weren't that bad... they are seriously over-exaggerated in my opinion. With data install, they're the same length as the KH2 loading screens :/
Guess I'm just frustrated since I just loaded my BBS game yesterday after playing RE:Coded for the past month lol. Command styles got annoying after awhile though since the load time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back