• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Platform for Birth by Sleep Volume 2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
*Looks left*

*Looks right*

No one else is gonna say it? Ok fine I will.

Wii.

There, I said it. Just throwing it out there because someone had to.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Re: Which console/handheld will Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Volume 2 be available to?

Ikkin;5427703[B said:
]It only plays downloadable PSP games[/B], but it seems like the emulator makes them look nicer and adds in analog camera.

(I'd probably rebuy Birth by Sleep if they released the Final Mix in English as a download so I could play it like that XD; )

Exactly. The Next Generation Portable is Download-Only, Square Enix said that they would stop releasing Downloadable games after Dissidia Final Fantasy, so i highly doubt that it is going to come out for the Next Generation Portable.

Awards
WEHRMACHT-Y-U-NO-CALL-BBSV2-A-MAIN-GAME.jpg

Because it won't be.
It's a direct sequel to BbS, but that doesn't make it equal. Case in point: CoM was the direct sequel to KH1.
I can tell you now that it won't be doing much more than tying up loose ends.

At the very least, it's not the game that ought to make the transition to HD.

the psp is a dying system, i am thinking the psp2 although i really hope for psp.

No, it's not a dying system.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Re: Which console/handheld will Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Volume 2 be available to?

Exactly. The Next Generation Portable is Download-Only

You sir, are misinformed.
NGP is using gamecarts [like DS does], to replace the UMD's.
It's not going download only. It'll still have PSN though.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

You sir, are misinformed.
NGP is using gamecarts [like DS does], to replace the UMD's.
It's not going download only. It'll still have PSN though.

Really? Okay thanks, thats gonna be sweet.

dwroxas16

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
*Looks left*

*Looks right*

Wii.

haha yess. I'm hopin for this over NGP.
Actually....a Wii KH would be sick, but i wouldn't want it to be a main game screwed up. So a possible side game like BbS2 would be good for Wii.
Do it.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
*Looks left*

*Looks right*

Wii.

Now why would they want to go and do that?

It's just as much of a new platform to the series as the NGP would be, it'd look worse, and it'd be yet another game on a system without both a D-pad and analog stick for the left hand (which has been driving me bonkers in Re:Coded).

The best case scenario is probably this: BbS Vol 2 is released on NGP, and comes with a NGP cart of the original BbS packed in (without any modifications to keep it cheap, and perhaps as a part of a Collector's Edition, I dunno). That's the only way to make the whole BbS arc playable on one console, apart from releasing before the PSP dies completely.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Now why would they want to go and do that?

It's just as much of a new platform to the series as the NGP would be, it'd look worse, and it'd be yet another game on a system without both a D-pad and analog stick for the left hand (which has been driving me bonkers in Re:Coded).

The best case scenario is probably this: BbS Vol 2 is released on NGP, and comes with a NGP cart of the original BbS packed in (without any modifications to keep it cheap, and perhaps as a part of a Collector's Edition, I dunno). That's the only way to make the whole BbS arc playable on one console, apart from releasing before the PSP dies completely.

What do you mean completely? Whoever said that the Play-Station Portable was dead/dying was wrong. And Congratulations to almost becoming a Premium Member!

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
the psp is a dying system, i am thinking the psp2 although i really hope for psp.

No, it is not a dying system. If anything, I've seen it grow much more recently :/
Besides, just because a console is like a year dated from the new console doesn't mean they'll go for the new console. Look at Re:COM. That came out for the PS2. And guess what? They STILL make games for the PS2. I really don't think we'll see the end for PSP games in a while.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

I love these "The PSP is dying" comments.
The PSP is really at it's peak right now.
It's been receiving great titles over the last year and half or so, and has been doing much better.
And with even more great games going to it this year, I wouldn't be surprised if BBSv2 was released on it.

But now that someone said Wii... hehe. I like that idea.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

It's been receiving great titles over the last year and half or so, and has been doing much better.
And with even more great games going to it this year, I wouldn't be surprised if BBSv2 was released on it.

I know, i think its just because people hate that the PSP doesn't have a second analogue stick. But I think it'll just die because of the NGP.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

But now that someone said Wii... hehe. I like that idea.

PSP's in a bit of a weird state, in that it does really well in Japan and terribly in the west. Square-Enix seems to be a bit of an exception in that regard, in that they can sell hundreds of thousands of copies of KH and FF games regardless of platform, but even they seem to be suffering from western disinterest in the PSP. (A quick look at the sales charts shows this quite handily -- while Days' US sales are much higher than its JP sales, BbS's US sales are significantly lower than its JP sales)

Considering that, and the fact that US sales really are a big deal for KH, Square-Enix would have very little incentive to release a game on the PSP after its successor has already begun drawing interest (and people are even less interested in the PSP).

The console itself is called the PSP2. The "NPG" is the game itself (i/e the disk, the floppy disk, the UMD, etc.)

Actually, no. "NGP" is a codename for the console itself (which may or may not be called PSP2). I think they called the carts "NVM"s or something.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

PSP's in a bit of a weird state, in that it does really well in Japan and terribly in the west. Square-Enix seems to be a bit of an exception in that regard, in that they can sell hundreds of thousands of copies of KH and FF games regardless of platform, but even they seem to be suffering from western disinterest in the PSP. (A quick look at the sales charts shows this quite handily -- while Days' US sales are much higher than its JP sales, BbS's US sales are significantly lower than its JP sales)

The only reason for that is that BBS got leaked about a week before it's release. The low sales of BBS doesn't mean it was a low sale on the PSP (actually, I know a TON of people who just went out to buy a PSP just so they can download games illegally by hacking it)

1+1=FISHXD

*Looks left*

*Looks right*

Wii.

XD XD XD XD wow man so funny but i hardly doubt for the wii that will just be o_OAnyways i think that the wii is actually not that big anymore in comparison to when it first came out i think the psp is bigger than the wii after all the wii's replacement already came out called the kinect for XBOX ;)

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

The thing about the PSP2 is, it's comparable in power to the PS3. You really think SE is going to put forth the time and effort into making another side game an HD title?
If it makes them money? Most definitely.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

The only reason for that is that BBS got leaked about a week before it's release. The low sales of BBS doesn't mean it was a low sale on the PSP (actually, I know a TON of people who just went out to buy a PSP just so they can download games illegally by hacking it)

...I'm not sure how that changes anything, as far as Square-Enix are concerned. They don't get any money from pirated games, so piracy is a reason to avoid the PSP like the plague, if anything. =/

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
after all the wii's replacement already came out called the kinect for XBOX ;)

Bullcrap. You dare say that "Kinect" is a "REPLACEMENT" for the Wii?! And then you go out saying the PSP is BIGGER than the Nintendo friggin' Wii?! BE GONE, DEMON! BE GONE!

...I'm not sure how that changes anything, as far as Square-Enix are concerned. They don't get any money from pirated games, so piracy is a reason to avoid the PSP like the plague, if anything. =/

I'm just simply saying that the PSP is NOT dying despite the fact that you mention BBS having lower sales than Days.

1+1=FISHXD

Bullcrap. You dare say that "Kinect" is a "REPLACEMENT" for the Wii?! And then you go out saying the PSP is BIGGER than the Nintendo friggin' Wii?! BE GONE, DEMON! BE GONE!
XD thats just my opinion.From what ive seen a lot of people bought the wii when it first came out around 6-8 months later they just stop playing it and sold it and either bought a kinect or psp or ps3.either way thats my opinion thats just what ive seen a lot of people do when they get the wii

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back