• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Platform for Birth by Sleep Volume 2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
XD thats just my opinion.From what ive seen a lot of people bought the wii when it first came out around 6-8 months later they just stop playing it and sold it and either bought a kinect or psp or ps3.either way thats my opinion thats just what ive seen a lot of people do when they get the wii

They must be the gamers who believe that anything that is not an FPS sucks then >_>

And yes, I know it's your opinion and all. That post was meant to be taken as a joke

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
If it makes them money? Most definitely.

Making an HD game is a very costly and time-consuming project. Somehow I just don't see SE greenlighting the project when Versus and XIII took so long to finish (with Versus potentially being another year or more away).

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
defintly a handheld and since is began on on it must either continue on that or suceed on the psp2

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Making an HD game is a very costly and time-consuming project. Somehow I just don't see SE greenlighting the project when Versus and XIII took so long to finish (with Versus potentially being another year or more away).

Square-Enix's HD games are not nearly as costly and time-consuming as the production time would lead you to believe -- Crystal Tools was incredibly expensive, for sure, but from what I've heard, most of the real work on XIII was done in a year and a half at the end, since they had only a barebones team working on the game while the engine was being created.

Besides, one has to wonder what they would have to add to make an HD KH game. They already have super-high-quality versions of all of the in-game character models (like so -- and there's one of these for every character, enemy, and NPC in the game), so it's not like they haven't been working with larger textures and higher-poly models all along.

Trying to imitate the CG renders might be more work, but it's also a terrible idea, because CG simply doesn't work for Mickey, Donald, and Goofy. Image quality is a much better place to focus on in a game like this -- KH2 looks amazing emulated with high levels of AA and AF, and it'd look even better with consistently-high-poly models and higher texture resolutions.

And, since the result probably wouldn't be taxing the system in any significant way, they could feel free to add in hordes of NPCs and more complicated enemies to make the worlds feel more alive. I'd like that a lot more than I would CG-style Disney characters, anyway, and it'd probably be a whole ton cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back