• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Platform for Birth by Sleep Volume 2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

1+1=FISHXD

Re: Which console/handheld will Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Volume 2 be available to?

...Command styles never loaded, what are you talking about?
i think there talking about that little intervention they have which does not take long, well for me anyways and i never did the data install

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Which console/handheld will Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Volume 2 be available to?

i think there talking about that little intervention they have which does not take long, well for me anyways and i never did the data install

You mean the whole "characters glow" effect? That takes about less than half of a second.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

You mean the whole "characters glow" effect? That takes about less than half of a second.

Did you do the Data Install? The load time for command styles goes away almost completely if you do. I've seen a video on Youtube where the player didn't do the install, though, and the amount of time you have to wait while the character glows is ridiculous. =/

DiceKiller

hope I don't rust

Did you do the Data Install? The load time for command styles goes away almost completely if you do. I've seen a video on Youtube where the player didn't do the install, though, and the wait for a command style to load is ridiculous. =/

Yeah that's what happened to me. It would take around 5 seconds to actually transform.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

The load time for command styles goes away almost completely if you do.

...that's exactly what I said. I said "LESS than HALF a second." That means, say this game was 30 frames per second, it'd be about 7 frames.

Anyway, I have a friend who didn't do data install and it never loaded that long for them at all. Only one second and that's it. Although I have seen youtube videos where a player did have a 6 second loading screen for the characters glowing... personally, I think it's a problem with their PSP because I and my friends have NEVER had that problem with and without data install.

SRKxTAVxRAX

...that's exactly what I said. I said "LESS than HALF a second." That means, say this game was 30 frames per second, it'd be about 7 frames.

Anyway, I have a friend who didn't do data install and it never loaded that long for them at all. Only one second and that's it. Although I have seen youtube videos where a player did have a 6 second loading screen for the characters glowing... personally, I think it's a problem with their PSP because I and my friends have NEVER had that problem with and without data install.

Lucky lol. The 6 second wait is what I was talking about, without the data install, My PSP, my brothers PSP, my bestfriends PSP and his friends PSP all had to wait about 4 seconds for Command styles and D-links to activate. After the data install it was half a second, but I played half the game before even realizing there was a data install because I wanted to stay spoiler free so I stood off of here. Came on to see if it was a known problem and realized Data Install was the cure haha.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

Didn't mean to imply you didn't know that part. XD;

It might not be a problem with the PSP, per se... remember, not all PSPs have the same amount of RAM. Maybe only PSPs without UMD caching enabled get the massive command style load times (that would be the first thing they should stick in that extra memory, lol).

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Maybe only PSPs without UMD caching enabled get the massive command style load times (that would be the first thing they should stick in that extra memory, lol).

The fact that I don't even know what "UMD caching" is would probably suggest that is not the case. I dunno.

Oh, wait a minute, I completely forgot this was a thread about BBS Vol 2 lol

SRKxTAVxRAX

How could you not notice that there's a "Data Install" option when it's right there in the title screen?

Didn't realize what it did lol.
Just like with Coded, didn't know what the Avatar menu was until I finished the game, never went to it haha.

1+1=FISHXD

Didn't mean to imply you didn't know that part. XD;

It might not be a problem with the PSP, per se... remember, not all PSPs have the same amount of RAM. Maybe only PSPs without UMD caching enabled get the massive command style load times (that would be the first thing they should stick in that extra memory, lol).
i totally agree with you on that XD not all psp have the same amout of ram but im guessing most users here have a psp 3000 or 30004
anyways correct me if im wrong but isnt the psp2 suppose to be touchscreen so wouldnt that mean they would have to change a lot of things in kingdom hearts to be able to use the touch screen feature

Ikkin

Bronze Member

i totally agree with you on that XD not all psp have the same amout of ram but im guessing most users here have a psp 3000 or 30004
anyways correct me if im wrong but isnt the psp2 suppose to be touchscreen so wouldnt that mean they would have to change a lot of things in kingdom hearts to be able to use the touch screen feature

Yeah, probably. XD That's why I said "without caching enabled" rather than "PSP1000," because I think it's possible to shut it off (though I don't see why anyone would do that XD).

NGP has a touchscreen and a back touchpad, yes. It also has a D-pad, dual analog sticks, PS shape face buttons, L and R buttons, gyros, microphone, front and rear cameras, and a GPS that can also be used as control methods, and laughs at anyone who tries to use every single one in the same game.

There's no reason they'd have to change anything at all, honestly. XD And if they want to use the touchscreen, they could easily use it for mini-games and Shotlocks without compromising the rest of the mechanics. (It's not like they changed it all that much on DS, after all)

1+1=FISHXD

Yeah, probably. XD That's why I said "without caching enabled" rather than "PSP1000," because I think it's possible to shut it off (though I don't see why anyone would do that XD).

NGP has a touchscreen and a back touchpad, yes. It also has a D-pad, dual analog sticks, PS shape face buttons, L and R buttons, gyros, microphone, front and rear cameras, and a GPS that can also be used as control methods, and laughs at anyone who tries to use every single one in the same game.

There's no reason they'd have to change anything at all, honestly. XD And if they want to use the touchscreen, they could easily use it for mini-games and Shotlocks without compromising the rest of the mechanics. (It's not like they changed it all that much on DS, after all)
hmm i can understand how it could be used for mini games but for shotlocks?try to keep your finger on the person until it reaches max XD but seem all i know is if it comes out for the ngp im not getting it better to watch youtube walk throughs anyways didnt nomura said that he was goanna realese bbsv2 first then 3D drop distance

ActingDude17

but seem all i know is if it comes out for the ngp im not getting it better to watch youtube walk throughs anyways didnt nomura said that he was goanna realese bbsv2 first then 3D drop distance

Nomura-san has not specifically mentioned "Birth by Sleep - Volume Two" as a title. He did at one point say that he would like to release one game a year, if you want to take that into your calculations. To be honest, there's no way of knowing which will land first. There's even a thread around here debating the topic.

Princess-Sammi

Make it for the psp so people who have economic issues don't have to go ahead and buy the console just for the game, and for everyone who has the normal psp to be able to play.
I most indefinitely agree with this. I only bought my PSP in December 2010 and I'm quite riled that I will probably have to buy another one! BBS II is worth it - but not so worth it that I'll go the whole hog and buy a PSP2 for it.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Volume 2 for PlayStation Portable 2.

Like that means anything.

swim126

Watching the world kill itself. Delightful.

The thing about the PSP2 is, it's comparable in power to the PS3. You really think SE is going to put forth the time and effort into making another side game an HD title?

WEHRMACHT-Y-U-NO-CALL-BBSV2-A-MAIN-GAME.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back