• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Pirates of the Caribbean

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Pirates of the Caribbean 5 Slated for 2017 - IGN

Say what you will, but I'm excited for this. I hope it goes out with a bang (as apparently they may end it with this one possibly). And it comes out right after I graduate five years of college so I'll take that as my present, these films have been very dear to me over the past 11 years since the first one came out

2017? Really? Man, lasst I read about this I thought it was late 2015/2016. But these movies have some amazing quality behind them, so I suppose it's only fair to assume they will do it right.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
2017? Really? Man, lasst I read about this I thought it was late 2015/2016. But these movies have some amazing quality behind them, so I suppose it's only fair to assume they will do it right.
Last I heard there wasn't even a solid script so this sounds about right for me, lol.

I hope this one is fun!

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
"Dead Men Tell No Tales." Interesting title.

Also, I only just realized that this film will be released a decade after the third one was released. It didn't seem so long ago...

Gram

Banned
Awards
Pretty interesting but the 'everything is subject to change' part leaves a bit less than "meh".
I do like the chosen title though.

"Dead Men Tell No Tales." Interesting title.

Also, I only just realized that this film will be released a decade after the third one was released. It didn't seem so long ago...

Now I feel old. xD

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I wonder what type of Pirate mythology can they be able to tell. I'm not sure if there's any other stories to tell. I love the movie franchise by the way. Once you get into terms to what they're saying every thing comes into a complete circle. The character of Captain Jack Sparrow is just incredible.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
It'll be close to ten years since At World's End released, so I feel they can just reflect the real passage of time. By then he'd be free

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
It'll be close to ten years since At World's End released, so I feel they can just reflect the real passage of time. By then he'd be free

I would kind of find it hard to believe that it's been that long between the events of the third and fifth film. 2-3 years sounds reasonable, but a whole decade? Unlikely.

Last edited:

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
The time gap between the third and fourth was roughly a few years. The fact it'll be an even larger gap between the fourth and fifth films, I'd like them to reflect that, so I think it's likely

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I actually kind of want Orlando Bloom to come back. Having him missing in the fourth movie with a Suspiciously Similar Substitute was sort of offputting in hindsight.

Also, I can very easily see him being part of the plot no matter what the situation is or how much time is passed. Jack and company can still somehow cross paths if he is still ferrying the dead. If it happens to have been about ten years, then Will is free to do whatever he wants, even help Jack if he felt it was necessary.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
These movies roughly travel at real time, ie about four years passed between Pirates 3 and 4 released so that's reflected in the movies. At least as far as I'm aware based on context in the films.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
He's only free for one day every ten years and at the end of The World's End, we see him coming to spend that day with Elizabeth and their son.

Gram

Banned
Awards
So that scene of Will Turner returning for that one day took place during the events of Stranger Tides or is it after?

Not sure since we don't see Will nor Elizabeth in Stranger Tides. Going by Taochan and Shadow Fenix I'd imagine it's at least 5yrs maybe? idk.

Back