• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Persona 3 VS Persona 4

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which is your favorite Persona Video Game?

• Persona 3

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Persona 4

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • why isn't Revalations or Innocent Sin in this discussion?

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • can't choose, when is Person 5 gonna be made?

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Janus Q

these are two of my favorite rpgs for the ps2 and then some. however i like each one for allot of different reasons and i have trouble picking my favorite. persona 3 has a great story, shocking plot twists and a music track that makes me bob my head every time i hear "Burn My Dread". And persona 4 has a lighter atmosphere and memorable characters and a better battle system. However both have flaws we all can't overlook. P3 's Tower Tartarus became repetitive after a few dozen floors and P4's story was a times a bit weaker in the long run. So what do you think? Who is the better and what should atlus do to make a better person 5? (we hope, please Atlus)

Sora The Key

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I think P3 wins for me, Since It was my first Persona game, Well P3P was, but I played P4 after, and I have completely beaten it, But So far it is kinda boring for me, But I havent gotten that far, I am only at teh Bonus boss in Yukiko's Castle that King Shadow, He is a bishh D:

O

Oberon

Well P4 is my first Persona game, so I will inherently lean to that. However I've yet to play Persona 3 (but I REALLY want to).

Does anyone know if the difference between the PS2 P3 is huge from the P3 on PSP?

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Well P4 is my first Persona game, so I will inherently lean to that. However I've yet to play Persona 3 (but I REALLY want to).

Does anyone know if the difference between the PS2 P3 is huge from the P3 on PSP?

P3P (PSP) is very similar if you play as the male. The female has the same story, but different Social Links, weapons, and dialogue. Also, there is a new assistant, Theo for the female.

Haven't played P4 yet. MUST HAVE! :p**

O

Oberon

P3P (PSP) is very similar if you play as the male. The female has the same story, but different Social Links, weapons, and dialogue. Also, there is a new assistant, Theo for the female.

Haven't played P4 yet. MUST HAVE! :p**
So the PSP version is basically the same? I'm just worried if I play the PSP one first, I'll miss some critical information that was removed since the PS2 version. I don't know. lol

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
So far I'm about 70 hrs deep in P3:FES so as soon as I finish that, All Three Metroid Primes, Other M, and BBS, I'll play p4 and be able to compare. But P3 is good, just below KH and Resonance of Fate.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
p4 is far better

-superior cast that doesn't suck
-better music
-party members are controllable and even if you choose not to do so their AI works better than 3's
-you can actually see what spells do before you get them
-dungeons are better, no fucking tartarus thank fucking god
-plot pacing is better
-protagonist is so baller he can fuck as many bitches as you want and nobody will give a shit or pull negative social link bullshit on you
-less homogay (no evokers and less wannabe grimdark aesthetics)

etc

granted p3p fixed some of p3's problems but at this point i frankly don't feel like playing it

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
p4 is far better

-better music
-party members are controllable and even if you choose not to do so their AI works better than 3's
-dungeons are better, no fucking tartarus thank fucking god
-plot pacing is better
-protagonist is so baller he can fuck as many bitches as you want and nobody will give a shit or pull negative social link bullshit on you

etc

granted p3p fixed some of p3's problems but at this point i frankly don't feel like playing it

Instead we get really awesome, hot, closeted Kanji <3

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
My 1st Persona is 4 so i will vote that or maybe i should choose P5 TGS is close...now i'm playing P3P as the female protagonist.

I really like both games and both are unique but i still think P4 is a better game.

I'm gonna play P3:FES after i finish P3P.

O

Oberon

p4 is far better

-better music
-dungeons are better, no fcuking tartarus thank fcuking god
-plot pacing is better
-protagonist is so baller he can fcuk as many bitches as you want and nobody will give a shit or pull negative social link bullshit on you

etc

hey I think that's one of the things I noticed too. makes me laugh quite a bit lol

pgtC5.jpg

Janus Q

to this day i still haven't beaten persona 3 and i bought it on the portable version, i'm playing both male and female roles as comparison. but i gotta say overall i'm leaning towards P4 for allot of reasons. it was actually the first of the persona series i beat and replayed again. the casting feels more familiar and home town for myself. plus i like Teddie, he's so cool. i wonder if P4 will get a portable version as well. but in any case i'm hoping persona 5 will have improvements. for one thing i want mini games that are actual mini games. the side quests are interesting but i want more in my person games.

Narukami

&#7435;&#618;&#628;&#610;&#7448;&#618;&#628; &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
fuck you kids and your persona, play some motherfucking smt

Ummm, Persona is SMT, is it not?

And P3P is MUCH better than P3. I've noticed so many P4 refs, plus they've adopted the P4 battle system. So, it tells you, that even though P3 is a good game, P4 is better.

P4 is so nice, it gave P3P it's holy presence.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Persona 4 looks and sounds better. I really want to control my own party members, the ones in P3 are annoying as hell (which why I refuse to bring Mitsuru now).
But I've only played P3.

Narukami

&#7435;&#618;&#628;&#610;&#7448;&#618;&#628; &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Persona 4 looks and sounds better. I really want to control my own party members, the ones in P3 are annoying as hell (which why I refuse to bring Mitsuru now).
But I've only played P3.

P3P adds that and Guarding. :p
I must find a GameStop that carries it. >_<

Janus Q

i find it interesting that in P3 summoning their persona needs the evoker, a gun that's meant to blast their persona out of their mind. but in P4 their persona's can only be accessed after they face themselves and mature a bit after accepting the darkness in their hearts as well. so the evoker may be a cool way to summon a persona, but i like P4's system as it focuses more on character development then P3. with P3 development seems forced at times, but in P4 character development is enjoyable and has great addition to the story as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back