• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

PC Gaming Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Re: Official PC Discussion Thread - We've got DX 10.1!

Ew Oblivion. Already tried it on the shit60 and it got boring really fast.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards

I'd say at least try it for the computer, if you love to mod stuff, that's a safe bet. . .

Ever heard of a little game called Crysis? Or The Orange Box?

Just as Planned

So uh, I'm hopefully building a PC in the summer or after my shitty exams.

IT'LL BE SO MUCH BETTER THAN MY CURRENT PC GUISE. Hopefully I can play some ****awesome games. Been thinking of getting:

Battlefield 2142, RSV2 and uh, mebbe Cod4.
you forgot orange bocks

bf2142 demo was pretty fun, so was etqw but on a different scale of comparison

Ever heard of a little game called Crysis?
it's certainly beautiful but otherwise mediocre and made of snipe cloak snipe cloak CHIKIN MODE ACTIVATED

Spic Steve

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOL
Awards

So, lets say I wanted to buy a computer that could run TF2 top notch. How much would it cost?

Just as Planned

So, lets say I wanted to buy a computer that could run TF2 top notch. How much would it cost?
one grand minimum, i say

'depends on whether you're transfusing parts from your current pc, your monitor size (larger resolution = more grafficks processing power necesary), and your ability to transfuse parts from your current pc based on whether it was based on a btx or atx case formfactor

tl;dr it's not cheap

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards

Lmao :v

So I'm building a PC in the summer. **** YEAH!

I already has a monitor (lmao 2 to be exact) and I'll get my dad to buy Vista, so I just need to spend money on the more important pieces of hardware :D

Just as Planned

DO NOT get vista, stick to XP. . .
And does this come from someone running XP or Vista?

I haet Vista, but I've grown to tolerate it. Plus distribution of XP halts in June so why buy an OS deemed dead by it's manufacturer?

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards

This is coming from a XP user, of course. . .but my dad's a computer technician, and I've read up on Vista, we both agree that it's horrible.

If you really want something new, that isn't XP, wait for a bit, and get whatever Micro$oft is going to pump out next. It's something like Windows 7, and it'll only come with the barebones for the computer. Which is good.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards

:v

I don't buy shitty barebones.

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a

Call Of Duty 4, anyone?

My xfire is hillzagold, as my sig says.

also, anyone wanna give me their credit card number? it's for...activating the WoW trial, yeah........my uh, my parents won't lend me their credit card number, so it would be "swell" if you'd lend me yours.

Covered in Bees

FLYNN LIVES!!!
Walking out at night, alone. Bumping into street s

WoW is good, but, not worth the monthly payments. Occasionally, I grab a trial for it if I feel like I'm gonna be bored for the next week or so.

IMO, best MMO = City of Heroes. I don't have a subscription for it at the moment, but I used to. Absolutely loved playing it.

Personally, the only PC games I've been playing lately are:
-Team Fortress 2
-System Shock 2
-Audiosurf
-Battleships Forever

Manchester Black

Famous for Nothing
Awards

Eh, I've played through about three WoW trials. I've never been enticed to stay. WoW's fun and all, but I personally don't find it to be everything people says it is. It's not the best game out there, and not worth the time I'd have to sink into it. Then again, I'm not a big MMO player. I've played a shitload of them, but I've only ever stuck with Star Wars Galaxies and Tabula Rasa for any amount of time. But even with those... Meh, they're fun, but I find MMO's to just be expensive timesinks (more so then regular games). Though, now that I see CoH mentioned, that reminds me that I have to try out CoV again. I've had it since it came out years ago, and I've only ever logged in ten minutes ingame. Now that I have a computer to handle it, it might be cool to have superpowers instead of fancy guns and gadgets, or axes.

v_a, I'd llove to play CoD4 with you, but you'll have to get Activision to lower their price. I want it on PC, but I've already got it on my 360 and I'm not paying $50 more for it. $30 maybe, but not $50. Add me to Xfire though, if you want. SuperberryK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back