• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

PC Gaming Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manchester Black

Famous for Nothing
Awards
I know we had one of these before. Not sure if it was ever stickied, nor what happened to it, but meh.

Some *might* argue that this can go in with the Microsoft thread, but they'd be stupid. Though Microsoft produces Windows, they do not produce the hardware itself, nor do they produce most of the games. And, seeing as how I know there's a few PC gamers on these forums, I figure it's about time we had a thread.

Use this thread to discuss PC games, show off your sweet ass gaming rig, post up Xfire/Steam/Comrade usernames, organize clans/clan events (or recruit for clans or clan leagues, though, for God's sake, don't be stupid and advertise the league itself), whatever.

By the way, I just got Rainbow Six Vegas, and I was wondering if anyone wanted to play a little coop? Some Terrorist Hunt, or maybe some story (though, due to some other commitments, I won't be able to finish it all in one go). Add me to Xfire (SuperberryK), Steam (SuperberryK), or MSN (Oblivionnightmare@hotmail.com) if you're interested.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
Re: Official PC Discussion Thread - We've got DX 10.1!

We had one, it was stickied, but no one posted in it.

CRYSIS is awesome, everyone should buy it if they could afford a computer it worked on!!!

Fixed.

Was it really a smart move to break the Orange Box into 3 pieces?

Manchester Black

Famous for Nothing
Awards

We had one, it was stickied, but no one posted in it.

Yeah, see, that's what I thought happened. I don't know why though. We've got a shitton of PC Gamers here. You, me, Ray, Ken, Ben, v_a, SE, etc. Consider this an experiment. If the thrad gets used like it should, awesome. If not, I delete it and we shall never speak of this again.

Ryuuzaki said:
CRYSIS is awesome, everyone should buy it.

Oh god yes. Crysis is absolutely amazing. It's as open ended as an FPS can get (without being an RPG as well, ala the Elder Scrolls series). The story's not bad either, and there's just so many ways to do things. It's like a damn combat simulator... If, you know, there were such things as nanosuits and super marines.

I hear Multiplayer is fun too. Didn't try that yet. I'll have to sometime.

No, not fixed. What people fail to realize is that Crysis WILL run on older Mid-range systems. YOUR COMPUTER DOES NOT HAVE TO BE TOP OF THE LINE TO RUN CRYSIS! If you have a dual core processor (or, I think a 3.0 GHz can also do the trick) and a 512mb graphics card, you can run it. You will have to play on Medium to Low graphical settings, but that doesn't take away from the game at all. It's still amazingly beautiful, and all of the playability is there. It just won't be AS beautiful as it can possibly be. But that SHOULDN'T matter. Hell, I still bust out Doom95 and Duke Nukem 3D and have a ball, and those graphics are horrendous by today's standards.

Was it really a smart move to break the Orange Box into 3 pieces?

Yes. Mo' money for Valve, which means more and better games.

What would be wrong with it? It'll sell. Yes, people SHOULD buy the Orange Box in it's entirety, because that's really the best deal, but if you don't care about TF2 or the HL2 story, why not just by Portal? Likewise, if you love the HL2 story, but could care less about Portal, then just buy Episode 2. Etc.

Also, this isn't something new, really. The Orange Box's three components have been available seperately on Steam since it came out.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net

Glad we have this back, I didn't like it when it got moved too the ''Official Microsoft.''

Anyway can't wait for Warhammer Online, I got my beta code and ready too play<333333

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com

Awesome PC thread takes up too little sticky space.

Manchester Black

Famous for Nothing
Awards

We could always unsticky the Halo... I mean Microsoft Discussion thread, you know. Save some space.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net

We should take down the MGS4 sticky and Halo sticky..

It would look much better, XD

Manchester Black

Famous for Nothing
Awards

Just to keep this thing rolling, I've got a copy of both Half Life 2 abd Episode 1 that I don't need. It's through Steam, so if you want it, you need a Steam account. Does anybody want it?

It's free, unless you're willing to perform sexual favors. In that case, PM me ;)

Q

Banned

If I could get enough money to actually get a half-decent rig together, I'd do PC. :< I heard Crysis was amazing, and that the multiplayer was like Battlefield.

I'd be up for a little Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare, within the next few weeks when I go to my brother's house?

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards

Crysis is fun, too bad I'm cheap and only have the demo . . .Maybe I should torrent it. . .or just, you know, buy the game. . .

Manchester Black

Famous for Nothing
Awards

If I could get enough money to actually get a half-decent rig together, I'd do PC. :< I heard Crysis was amazing, and that the multiplayer was like Battlefield.

What's the specs of your current rig? May not be that bad for a gaming rig, you know.

I'll take them, MB.

All yours. Just give me your Steam username and I'll send them ASAP.

Crysis is fun, too bad I'm cheap and only have the demo . . .Maybe I should torrent it. . .or just, you know, buy the game. . .

Buy it. Definitely buy it. I can understand (Though I in no way endorse) torrenting a game JUST to try it out, if there is no demo, or the demo is too short, or whatever. But Crysis' demo should show you everything you need to see. If you liked the demo, you'll LOVE the game. You should buy it if you liked the demo. Don't torrent it.

That brings me to something I've wanted to mention here for a while. The CEO of Stardock (his name's Brad... Something. Can't remember) has said numerous times that they don't believe in putting copyright protection on their games because the ones who are going to pirate them weren't going to buy them anyway, so really, they're just screwing those that were going to buy them. Do you agree?

Personally, I do. If I like a game, I'm going to buy it no matter what. Am I saying I've never pirated a game? No, not at all. I have before, and I probably will again. But I've ONLY done it to see if I will actually like the game, then I'll go out and buy it (or download it through a digital distribution site/program, like Direct2Drive or Steam). It's the same thing with music. If I like what I hear, I'll support the artist. If I don't, I delete it and don't support them.

I firmly agree that anyone who's just going to download a game and not put money back into the industry was never planning on buying said game anyways. So in a sense, how is copyright protection punishing them? Or even stopping them? They ALWAYS find a way to break copyright protection, so they aren't hindered. It's just the honest software buyers who have to deal with bullshit copyright procedures (BioShock's CR protection; StarForge). That's not right.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards

I agree with getting rid of copy protection.

Rarely, do I pirate a game, my internet doesn't allow it, and I'd have to seriously consider it if I could.

I've had the tSims 2, for a while now. But recently it's stopped working, every time I try to run it it claims that there's emulation programs in it, which there aren't. I haven't even attempted to crack the game, since the cd's always nearby. . .

But that's just one of my gripes. . .

I'll buy it (Crysis) \, eventually. Right now I need to get MGS4, and a few other games, so it's on the waiting list.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net

Does anyone know a program where I can rip 360 and Cube FMVs? I got one for a PS2 and PS1..

I just need one for 360 now.. or does anyone know a place where I can down LO and BD FMVs?

Just as Planned

CRYSIS is awesome, everyone should buy it.
More like POWER MODE ACTIVATED WITH CHICKENS right

As for RSV I'd feel more inclined to play some co-op if we had two other people... Arrange for Skype, maybe yell at each-other while doing so, etc

I've seen myself using my PC more for arcade emulation rather than FPS, though RSV2 and small portions of CoD4 have been stating otherwise, but I'm not going to even start playing TF2 again until school ends

Does anyone know a program where I can rip 360 and Cube FMVs? I got one for a PS2 and PS1..

I just need one for 360 now.. or does anyone know a place where I can down LO and BD FMVs?
this isn't the technology (support) forum

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards

So uh, I'm hopefully building a PC in the summer or after my shitty exams.

IT'LL BE SO MUCH BETTER THAN MY CURRENT PC GUISE. Hopefully I can play some ****awesome games. Been thinking of getting:

Battlefield 2142, RSV2 and uh, mebbe Cod4.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards

Well, if you haven't gotten it yet, get The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY.

That'll hold you over for a while. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back