• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Okay... So Why?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleeping Rebirth

Yeah thats what im wondering it wasn't that bad it may have been quite easy compared with the first and the storyline was good im my opinion the boss level were a challenge so i really don't see whats so bad.

Muse

you look atrocious
Why I hate KH2:

- Sora became a big dumbass
- The magic sucked (bring MP bars back)
- Drives made an easy game easier. I don't hate the Drives itself, they just need to be weaken a bit.
- The worlds seemed more like episodes, whereas all the worlds in KH1 tied together. Some worlds barley had any plot (Pride Lands sucked)
- Kairi became worse (though this I blame Nojima, but she was still unlikable in the first place, IMO)
- Loss ass monologues that could've been replaced with fighting.
- SUPER EASY (Proud Mode doesn't deserve the title of Proud)
- More faggotry
- Overall storyline really flawed.

I may be forgetting some. Trust me. :/

ILU.

I don't understand hating a game but your on a fansite for that same game......makes no sense...

No. This isn't a fansite for Kingdom Hearts II. This is a fansite for Kingdom Hearts, as a whole. While that includes II, it also includes I, CoM, Days, BBS, Coded, and whatever else they'll throw at us.

Optimus Rhyme

Better than Ken at LoL
No. This isn't a fansite for Kingdom Hearts II. This is a fansite for Kingdom Hearts, as a whole. While that includes II, it also includes I, CoM, Days, BBS, Coded, and whatever else they'll throw at us.

And there's a Non-KH section.

I disliked KH2 because:

-Too many cutscenes
-Sora was kind of gay
-Too easy
-The worlds didn't seem to tie into the plot as well as they did in KH1.
-Dialogue was eh

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
KH2 was fun to play the first time around but that was pretty much it.
-Sora aged from 14 to 11 in the brain during the period between CoM and KH2.
-Plot was sketchy. Sora, these are Nobodies. Kill them. OKAY!
-Nojima made everything super dumbed down. "Just thinking about all the things you did makes me really mad."
-Worlds were not connected in the least. They seemed to be filler for the sketchy plot that could have been interwoven into each world.
-Kairi was more plot device than in KH1.
-People seen at the beginning of the game don't appear till the end. WTF were they doing?
-Platforming was little to none in this game compared to the intricate designs of KH1 worlds.
-Aero was eliminated! Best spell ever was taken out and replaced with wind tunnels in random spots.
-MP system was pretty lame. Cure uses up all my MP and it doesn't even do anything!?
-Bosses were jokes. Even the hard ones were easy...just tedious to fight with.
-Drives overpowered Sora.
-And Sora was overpowered in general.
-Kairi was fail.

-And no dodge roll. Except in KH2FM in Limit Form.

Last edited:

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com

And yet, the KH2 haters are on the KH2 section of the forums. XD

Personally, I LOVED KH2. The plotline behind the villains was much more solid and interesting. Although they screwed up on plots for a few of the worlds (i.e. Atlantica, Pride Lands, although I loved playing Sora as a lion, the lack of good voice actors and an actual plot sucked), Nobodies were a great addition, Org XIII made great villains, the art was better. I think it was a good upgrade. The only disappointments I had was that synthasizing didn't take much time and that leveling up became boring. In KH1, you could kill two birds with one stone by leveling up while collecting synthasis items. It took a while to get all the ingredients you needed to reach the Ultima Weapon, so that when you finally DID get the weapon, you were at a high level. Since synathisizing didn't last long KH2, you couldn't really get much training in, meaning you had to train with no other goals in mind, which made training incredibly boring, creating the only reason why I'm playing KH1 instead of KH2 right now.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
And yet, the KH2 haters are on the KH2 section of the forums. XD

Personally, I LOVED KH2. The plotline behind the villains was much more solid and interesting. Although they screwed up on plots for a few of the worlds (i.e. Atlantica, Pride Lands, although I loved playing Sora as a lion, the lack of good voice actors and an actual plot sucked), Nobodies were a great addition, Org XIII made great villains, the art was better. I think it was a good upgrade. The only disappointments I had was that synthasizing didn't take much time and that leveling up became boring. In KH1, you could kill two birds with one stone by leveling up while collecting synthasis items. It took a while to get all the ingredients you needed to reach the Ultima Weapon, so that when you finally DID get the weapon, you were at a high level. Since synathisizing didn't last long KH2, you couldn't really get much training in, meaning you had to train with no other goals in mind, which made training incredibly boring, creating the only reason why I'm playing KH1 instead of KH2 right now.

Can the haters not hang about the KH2 section? People might dislike it but that doesn't take away from the fact that they played it and wish to express their feelings about it or use it as a reference to theories or joke about it.

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
Why is everybody always hating on KH2? KH2 > KH IMO. I don't understand how it is bad.

Lmao
Get ready for all the answers you're about to get from people hon...

I prefer Kingdom Hearts of KH2 for many of the same reasons as others:

- Too Easy. The reaction commands basically spoon fed you at times which is kind of sad.

- I didn't really like the storyline as much. I mean I get why they did what they did. But they could've done it better...

- You don't get to see the villain group as much as you would like to.

- Time is spent talking (cutscenes) rather than fighting. Because I know the scene in Radiant Garden where you first see the Org as a whole and Xigbar comes down could've been a fight because Sora isn't THAT dumb.

- Riku's outfit looks odd. Don't give a boy a midriff please.

- I miss dodgeroll

- Axel lost his charm and pizzaz that he had in Chain of Memories.

- Roxas' tutorial was WAYYYYYYYY too long. And if they kept the length then they could've at least made it more fun or exciting.

There are more that I would list but I don't have the time right now.

Grandpriest

I don't understand hating a game but your on a fansite for that same game......makes no sense...
I most certainly agree. To all the people who do complain *mostly about how it is so easy*, not everyone is as good as you at it. There needs to be balance, and this game is targeted at "younger" people.
I must say this game had a lot of upgrades that were left out in the sea of negativity.

1. FIXED CAMERA!!! Camera is a ton better than it was before.
2. The controls are MUCH better now. In the previous game, I can't tell you how many times I fell over a ledge or didn't reach something I was jumping to just because I didn't jump right at the edge or some stupid reason. It was way too annoying. Now the controls are so much smoother, makes it easy to get around. *Reason #1 and 2 are 2 big things that made this game easier. The last game was harder mostly because of of the problems with the camera and the controls.*
3. Drives and limits were an upgrade, not a downgrade, so treat it as a good thing. These things are better to have than the just regular slash-slash/magic. They bring more options when fighting.
4. The MP bar sets up a need for actual strategy. It makes it so magic isn't overused to death. Cure is not a useless skill at all, it was just way overused in the previous game. It can heal you and your party members near completion once it is fully upgraded. It should deplete all of the mana, because this game would be even easier if it wouldn't. It makes you think of when you should use it or if you should use it at all.
5. To continue on with spells, they are fine as well. You can actually chain them into a combo, which I think is very cool. And the magic is different for each form that lets you use them.
6. The skills you are able to get are fine, and the new growth skills give a very nice tough. In the last game, 2 of the growth skills weren't all too good at all; Mermaid Kick being useless unless you're in Atlantica and the regular Glide being shoved away by Super Glide.
7. The world maps are better. Some maps were just confusing and seemed too random in the previous game. This one brings balance in and shows that you are actually in a world and not a stupid puzzle.
8. Gummie ship battles turned into a fun arcade thing, much better than the tedious excuse the previous KH gave.
9. The music is AWESOME! Especially in the Org 13 battles, they made me excited to fight them.
10. The voice acting is GREAT! And most of all (saying this because someone thought Axel was worse in KH 2 than in Chain of Memories), Axel was ASTOUNDING! He gave a lot of life in scenes he was in, and so did everyone else.
11. To all the people who complain about this game being too easy, and have or can obtain a KH 2 FM (I did, it's not hard at all), have you even TRIED the lvl 1 challenge? This extremely difficult challenge makes regular enemies hard as heck! Since you won't get either Second Chance or Last Breath *forgot it's name, but they both basically save you from death from a critical hit and a combo by keeping you at 1 hp*, regular enemies can kill you in one, single, agonizing hit. I have no idea why you complain about this game being too easy if you haven't even tried this challenge.
12. To add on the FM version, the secret bosses alone make Sephy look like a regular shadow heartless, even if you don't do the lvl 1 challenge. Demyx (in his data form you can fight along with all the other org 13 members) will chew you up and spit you out 13 times just because of his "dance water, dance" move. To even be able to kill him, you have to take out 99 of his clowns in like 30 seconds (forgot exact amount). That is impossible without wisdom or final form, and even then you have to time it EXACTLY right, or you're dead. He was like, the easiest org member to kill, and in this version, he gives you a run for your keyblade prowess. And don't get me started on Terra :dizzy: It will take you at least 10 tries to even learn his moves and think of a way to dodge them all.
13. Finally, to sum it all up, there are both good and bad things in this game. Stop looking at all the bad, there was way too much negativity in this thread. If you love this overall series so much, why hate on the 3rd game that actually came out over the 3 that are playable now (6 if you include the director's cut versions of each game). One game doesn't make a series in an overall, especially when the 2nd game is terrible *the GBA version almost made me cry*. So ya, there isn't an excuse to have this much hate. They are only excuses and worthless complaints that doesn't help the series that you love so much.

tl;dr = People who complain don't know what they are talking about and only seem to look at the bad.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Can the haters not hang about the KH2 section? People might dislike it but that doesn't take away from the fact that they played it and wish to express their feelings about it or use it as a reference to theories or joke about it.

Becse the KH2 haters on this site are the only members who are actually knowledgable about the game and the plots, hence them hating on it. :v

2. The controls are MUCH better now. In the previous game, I can't tell you how many times I fell over a ledge or didn't reach something I was jumping to just because I didn't jump right at the edge or some stupid reason. It was way too annoying. Now the controls are so much smoother, makes it easy to get around. *Reason #1 and 2 are 2 big things that made this game easier. The last game was harder mostly because of of the problems with the camera and the controls.*

Because KH1 was a platformer; KH2 was linear.

3. Drives and limits were an upgrade, not a downgrade, so treat it as a good thing. These things are better to have than the just regular slash-slash/magic. They bring more options when fighting.

Reactions commands seemed a lot cooler on paper than anything, and Drives aren't bad until you press a button and blow up everything, or just barely use them at all, a la Wisdom. The slash-slash was a fun, simple, yet intricate way of playing in KH1.

4. The MP bar sets up a need for actual strategy. It makes it so magic isn't overused to death. Cure is not a useless skill at all, it was just way overused in the previous game. It can heal you and your party members near completion once it is fully upgraded. It should deplete all of the mana, because this game would be even easier if it wouldn't. It makes you think of when you should use it or if you should use it at all.

Thing is, what's the point of depleting all your magic if you're just going to get it back in five seconds? In KH1 you still needed to think hard about when to use certain magic because you wouldn't always get it back for a while if you were away from a save point, didn't get enough magic bubbles, or had any items on you for it. KH1 really had more strategy to it's magic; I mean, that's the reason why you could see it in bars, right?

5. To continue on with spells, they are fine as well. You can actually chain them into a combo, which I think is very cool. And the magic is different for each form that lets you use them.

But lacked the varying uses that Gravity, Aero, and Stop gave us. They were like, the most unique spells in the first game.

6. The skills you are able to get are fine, and the new growth skills give a very nice tough. In the last game, 2 of the growth skills weren't all too good at all; Mermaid Kick being useless unless you're in Atlantica and the regular Glide being shoved away by Super Glide.

Um, so? No shit Mermaid Kick is only useful in one place, it's more for aesthetics really. And of course Glide will be useless after getting a new one, it's just how it works. Would you have rathered it just be eliminated from that list once you get Super Glide? Big deal eh.

7. The world maps are better. Some maps were just confusing and seemed too random in the previous game. This one brings balance in and shows that you are actually in a world and not a stupid puzzle.

KH2 doesn't even need a map; that's the problem, it's too linear. Part of KH1's charm is that it was very puzzle-like.

9. The music is AWESOME! Especially in the Org 13 battles, they made me excited to fight them.

Org themes were find, but it always upsets me that they ruined the Hollow Bastion songs and went all synthesizer on them.

10. The voice acting is GREAT! And most of all (saying this because someone thought Axel was worse in KH 2 than in Chain of Memories), Axel was ASTOUNDING! He gave a lot of life in scenes he was in, and so did everyone else.

(Except Kairi) Fanboy aleeeert.

11. To all the people who complain about this game being too easy, and have or can obtain a KH 2 FM (I did, it's not hard at all), have you even TRIED the lvl 1 challenge? This extremely difficult challenge makes regular enemies hard as heck! Since you won't get either Second Chance or Last Breath *forgot it's name, but they both basically save you from death from a critical hit and a combo by keeping you at 1 hp*, regular enemies can kill you in one, single, agonizing hit. I have no idea why you complain about this game being too easy if you haven't even tried this challenge.

Critical Mode is definetely a challenge, as are the Org bosses and LS. Just let it be available for everyone on a convenient level.

12. To add on the FM version, the secret bosses alone make Sephy look like a regular shadow heartless, even if you don't do the lvl 1 challenge. Demyx (in his data form you can fight along with all the other org 13 members) will chew you up and spit you out 13 times just because of his "dance water, dance" move. To even be able to kill him, you have to take out 99 of his clowns in like 30 seconds (forgot exact amount). That is impossible without wisdom or final form, and even then you have to time it EXACTLY right, or you're dead. He was like, the easiest org member to kill, and in this version, he gives you a run for your keyblade prowess. And don't get me started on Terra :dizzy: It will take you at least 10 tries to even learn his moves and think of a way to dodge them all.

Well first off, KH2 Sephy was a joke to begin with, so like, not the best comparison heh. Also easiest Org fight wasn't Demyx by far; more like Xaldin or Luxord or something. But like, geeking out much mang?

13. Finally, to sum it all up, there are both good and bad things in this game. Stop looking at all the bad, there was way too much negativity in this thread. If you love this overall series so much, why hate on the 3rd game that actually came out over the 3 that are playable now (6 if you include the director's cut versions of each game). One game doesn't make a series in an overall, especially when the 2nd game is terrible *the GBA version almost made me cry*. So ya, there isn't an excuse to have this much hate. They are only excuses and worthless complaints that doesn't help the series that you love so much.

Well you know just because-- COM DOES NOT SUCK YOU LOSE CREDABILITY HERE >:

Ahem. All in all, the bad does overweigh the good, and there are plenty of rational people here who can agree to that. Those here that complain are in fact using the most basic and obvious reasons for not liking the game and seeing it as the worst in the series.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Anyone who liked the maps in KHII goes down as an idiot in my book. Complaining is a GOOD thing, it helps the series get better. Nothing would ever change if nobody voiced their opinions.

My opinion is:
KHII sucks compared to the other two games. It isn't bad game, it just doesn't live up in oh so many aspects.

Laine

Formely keyblayedwielder
kh1 In Destiny Islands trying to get to lv100 by b
Anyone who liked the maps in KHII goes down as an idiot in my book. Complaining is a GOOD thing, it helps the series get better. Nothing would ever change if nobody voiced their opinions.

My opinion is:
KHII sucks compared to the other two games. It isn't bad game, it just doesn't live up in oh so many aspects.

well i picked up kh2 without playing the first one and not knowing anything at all
imo-kh2 is the best kh game

Naryx15

I imported it and it was pretty good. Extra cutscenes and boss fights were a plus. Along with the new items and all. Cavern of Remembrance was annoying, but still fun in a way.
Haven't tried critical mode yet. I suck at the silhouette fights though. :/

Laine

Formely keyblayedwielder
kh1 In Destiny Islands trying to get to lv100 by b
I imported it and it was pretty good. Extra cutscenes and boss fights were a plus. Along with the new items and all. Cavern of Remembrance was annoying, but still fun in a way.
Haven't tried critical mode yet. I suck at the silhouette fights though. :/

wow!!!awesome!!
sorry to get of topic but you live in florida....are you a florida gators fan???????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back