• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(o.o) Fanclub For The TAV Trio (o.o)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Key

Exile
Awards
*bump*

HEY guys, i made a wayfinder! 8D
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
That is an awesome wayfinder! :D

Is it made out of clay or something? Because your fingerprints are visible ^^

Key

Exile
Awards
Woah! That's the best one I've seen yet. It seems a little...fluffy, though. Shouldn't it be flat?

not really.... they're just rendered that way in the game, it'd be impossible to physically make it flat o.o; and it's not that 'fluffy,' it's less than half an inch tall ^^;

That is an awesome wayfinder! :D

Is it made out of clay or something? Because your fingerprints are visible ^^

White Sculpy oven-bake clay, to be precise.... and i couldn't figure out how to make the fingerprints go away D: That, and i kinda... burned the clay... left it in the oven for too long... >.> needed ten billion coats of silver XD

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wayfinder Tutorial by ~xcalixax on deviantART
Wayfinder Tutorial 2 by ~xcalixax on deviantART

^^^^^ this is the easiest way i found to make one. there are other tutorials that make more realistic ones, but those are seriously expensive/difficult o.o;

Thanks for the links! I think I'll try making one sometime ^^

Oh, and there are sculpture tools that'll make things easier, but they're rather expensive. A cheaper way to at least prevent fingerprints is to use plastic gloves, though the downside to that is how it makes the overall process so much more inconvenient, especially if you have small hands like mine and the gloves are too large D:

Key

Exile
Awards
Thanks for the links! I think I'll try making one sometime ^^

Oh, and there are sculpture tools that'll make things easier, but they're rather expensive. A cheaper way to at least prevent fingerprints is to use plastic gloves, though the downside to that is how it makes the overall process so much more inconvenient, especially if you have small hands like mine and the gloves are too large D:

therein lies the problem XD we were trying to go as cheap as possible too, so we really didn't worry about it.... my two friend made themselves wayfinders too.. so now we're TAV! 8D *intends to carry wayfinder around...EVERYWHERE*

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Trailer6.jpg

I think a perfect replica of the Wayfinders could be made, but it'd take some serious skill and the proper equipment. They seem to have a thin metal frame, which looks like a fairly complicated bit of metal-work. The Master symbol seems to be made of metal, as well. The inside of the "petals" are translucent, so I'd think they'd need to be stained glass molded to fit into the frame. And then the pieces would need to get tied together with the proper kind of cord to add on the final touch.

Not sure how feasible that is for anyone (apart from Square-Enix's official trinket-makers, who'd proceed to make the frame out of silver and charge $150 for it), though. XD

AxelYoYo

RAWR
Awards
I'm demanding JOINAGE!

....Ventus is awesome. I cried when Eraqus cried. :(

Key

Exile
Awards
Trailer6.jpg

I think a perfect replica of the Wayfinders could be made, but it'd take some serious skill and the proper equipment. They seem to have a thin metal frame, which looks like a fairly complicated bit of metal-work. The Master symbol seems to be made of metal, as well. The inside of the "petals" are translucent, so I'd think they'd need to be stained glass molded to fit into the frame. And then the pieces would need to get tied together with the proper kind of cord to add on the final touch.

Not sure how feasible that is for anyone (apart from Square-Enix's official trinket-makers, who'd proceed to make the frame out of silver and charge $150 for it), though. XD

*is not a metal-worker and has fail sculpting skills to boot* XD

i saw a tutorial that involved using clear epoxy to make the center pieces (which would result in a see-through wayfinder), but we didn't have money to spare, since we'd have to buy paints and stuff too. o.o the clay was much more affordable. I didn't literally mean 'impossible', just very difficult.

If ANYONE can make a realistic wayfinder, i would buy it. i don't care how expensive it is, i'd buy it. dead serious.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
*is not a metal-worker and has fail sculpting skills to boot* XD

i saw a tutorial that involved using clear epoxy to make the center pieces (which would result in a see-through wayfinder), but we didn't have money to spare, since we'd have to buy paints and stuff too. o.o the clay was much more affordable. I didn't literally mean 'impossible', just very difficult.

If ANYONE can make a realistic wayfinder, i would buy it. i don't care how expensive it is, i'd buy it. dead serious.

By any chance, do you have a link to that tutorial?

Zeagal

Lick It Good
MUST JOINNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (aqua ftw)
I will add you

I'm demanding JOINAGE!
....Ventus is awesome. I cried when Eraqus cried. :(
I will add you

So liek yeah.
Remove me from the list. They lost me as a fan.
Do I even want to know why? o_O

Um so yeah sorry I disappeared again, but I'm just stopping by to add the new members and announce my departure. I don't know when I'll be back sadly. So feel free after a few months to start a new thread if I'm not back. Just keep me as a member please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back