• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nomura on if Kingdom Hearts III is the end of Sora's story. Sora/Riku/Kairi friendship

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsoraful

Awards
"I do consider Kingdom Hearts to be Sora's story. But if I go into any more details, I think I'll be spoiling the game for everyone, so I just want to leave it at that," Nomura said.

Going off of the surprising reveal that Aqua has seemingly fallen prey to the darkness, Nomura emphasized Kingdom Hearts 3 will deliver some shocking scenes.

"There are going to be a lot of shocking scenes, especially toward the end of the game," he said. "So I think you would definitely need to brace yourselves for them."

One thing fans may hope Kingdom Hearts 3 can deliver on is offering a satisfying wrap-up to the friendships that began the franchise — the trio of Sora, Riku, and Kairi. All will obviously feature in the game, Nomura hopes its depiction of their bonds can offer a realistic sense of how friendships evolve and change over time.

"{Kingdom Hearts is] not too realistic, but I do want my players to grasp a sense of reality from it as well," Nomura said. "For example, I'm sure you had friends when you were young, a good group of friends, but as you grow older things change and it doesn't always stay the same. I think all I can say is please play to the very end and see what happens. But I think [Kingdom Hearts 3] does depict how each character feels about each other in this new storyline."

E3 2018: Tetsuya Nomura on If Kingdom Hearts 3 Is the End of Sora's Story - IGN

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
It'll be nice to actually see SRK interacting with each as a proper trio. We haven't had that since the beginning of the first game.

kingsoraful

Awards
Evolving probably means Sora/Kairi get together as well. This trio is always gonna be the leads of this series.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Oh no. It's official. This game is going to break my heart into tiny little pieces isn't it? I don't think I'm ready XD

Still, happy to see the original trio is gonna get some screen time together. I hope this isn't the end for all of them but if it is, Noruma is going about it the right way. I'm excited!

Wallflower3582

I think all I can say is please play to the very end and see what happens. But I think [Kingdom Hearts 3] does depict how each character feels about each other in this new storyline."

SoKai finally??? Maybe??? Lol I don't know if Sora's mature enough for a relationship tbh. I still want it tho

kingsoraful

Awards
SoKai finally??? Maybe??? Lol I don't know if Sora's mature enough for a relationship tbh. I still want it tho

I imagine that Sora, Kairi, and Riku are going to be the main leads of the franchise. So they'll still be in KH4 and beyond.

And so will the other characters this is just the end of Xehanort saga.

What I consider this is the end of the first arc in an anime. The big bad is Master Xehanort, but there will bbe other big bads after him.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Riku: sorry guys, I'm just too cool to be your friend anymore...
Repliku, inside Toyota Camry: let's go dude

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
sora,kairi and riku are always going to be a trio they friendship might change or evolve but they always remain a trio no mater what happens

also ithe tri friendshop could like this riku can take the teacher role since there much left riku other then death which i odnt will happen, sora and kairi could go back the isalnd and ride the rafts together yes they might be speated as tri but always remain friends

Last edited:

robotman

OKAY... THAT'S IT. I need this damn game now :mad::mad::mad:... I don't want to wait until January to find out all this stuff. I wish that I was best friends with someone who worked on the game >_>.

kingsoraful

Awards
sora,kairi and riku are always going to be a trio they friendship might change or evolve but they always remain a trio no mater what happens

also ithe tri friendshop could like this riku can take the teacher role since there much left riku other then death which i odnt will happen, sora and kairi could go back the isalnd and ride the rafts together yes they might be speated as tri but always remain friends

This isn't the end of Sora/Riku/Kairi in KH. They're the leads, the story will always follow them. This is just the end of the first arc.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
This isn't the end of Sora/Riku/Kairi in KH. They're the leads, the story will always follow them. This is just the end of the first arc.
i never ending of the friendship they friendship might change a bit and things will be ddifernt

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

Are we sure though? Noruma seemed pretty vague about it. I'd say its kind of up in the air. And I don't know how It feel about the series if the three main leads don't return for the next arc and I feel like Noruma is somewhat implying that when talking when you grow older, things change.

I guess he doesn't confirm one way or other from those words (obviously because that's revealing too much story) but they make me believe this may be the end of this respective stories. Which I hope isn't the case but we'll see. I know Noruma said KH is Sora's story but he can always change his mind.

Plus, I want Sora and Kairi to get together. Sorry Riku, you the homie though xD

Sdog

Awards
You can't tease us like thish, Nomura! That's not ok, Nomura! The shippers are gonna go wild for the next 7 months, Nomura!

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Are we sure though? Noruma seemed pretty vague about it. I'd say its kind of up in the air. And I don't know how It feel about the series if the three main leads don't return for the next arc and I feel like Noruma is somewhat implying that when talking when you grow older, things change.

I guess he doesn't confirm one way or other from those words (obviously because that's revealing too much story) but they make me believe this may be the end of this respective stories. Which I hope isn't the case but we'll see. I know Noruma said KH is Sora's story but he can always change his mind.

Plus, I want Sora and Kairi to get together. Sorry Riku, you the homie though xD
i really think riku going to leave the group because he probally going he the only that change in the group while sora and kairi havent

Meow Wow

Awards
I've always shipped Sora and Kairi but the thought of them actually becoming cannon will require me months of emotional preparation

Tbh this game will require me months of emotional preparation

Alja

I SWEAR TO GOD THIS BETTER HINT AT SOKAI BECAUSE I NEED THAT!!!!

Also YAY, FINALLY some Destiny trio friendship!! Gosh I can't wait to finally see them interact organically again! I mean we only ever had short glimpses, it's time we get to see them, especially with the stupid rivalry between Riku and Sora gone. That automatically affects how they act in front of Kairi after all.

*starts whispering* Soranort, Soranort, Soranort, Soranort?

This game series will be my end but it'll be a glorious end, I can feel it.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It's also entirely possible that this vagueness of Nomura is hinting towards the series after KH 3 taking on a sort of different form with several "sub series" in the next arc with different central characters, meaning not all stories will feature SRK as the leads but they will also not be entirely discarded.

A character's current story arc being resolved and ending also doesn't mean the character will be completely discarded. It is always possible to set up a new story arc for characters whose stories have been resolved beforehand.

KH III's theme is resolution so very many of the current problems and story arcs will indeed be resolved, including personal character stories, but that doesn't rule out new stories for those characters being opened up later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back