• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nomura on if Kingdom Hearts III is the end of Sora's story. Sora/Riku/Kairi friendship

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
A game of Riku, Donald, and Goofy would be interesting to think about. I think Riku would be a little boring all by himself--I think the same could be said of any of the original characters really--but with some Disney characters to play the straight man next to, potentially he could be hilarious.

I don't want D&G to be abandoned post-KH3. I'd rather they added more choices. For example, Riku and Kairi join SDG in the Gummi ship, and you're able to choose among all 5 characters + the world-specific party members for every world's gameplay (with Sora as the one constant) while all the characters are featured in world cutscenes.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
.I don't want D&G to be abandoned post-KH3. I'd rather they added more choices. For example, Riku and Kairi join SDG in the Gummi ship, and you're able to choose among all 5 characters + the world-specific party members for every world's gameplay (with Sora as the one constant) while all the characters are featured in world cutscenes.
taratus i could see that happen next saga as well you know the focus been on sora ,donald goofy i think it time we mix up a bit by having the destiny trio go with s,d and g as well

Last edited:

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Evolving probably means Sora/Kairi get together as well. This trio is always gonna be the leads of this series.
tch
after what digimon did with tk and kari i have lost faith in love

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
tch
after what digimon did with tk and kari i have lost faith in love

Do you mean at the end of Adventure 02 or what we've seen of Tri so far? Because I always figured she liked Davis more, but I was angry they ignored the 02 kids for all of Tri.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
You know, what if none of the Destiny Island trio return to Destiny Island? Sora seems to be heavily involved in Twilight Town, Kairi in Radiant Garden and Riku may be designated to the new Disney world as the Keyblade Master.

The changing friendships may be a side effect to the changing roles of these three signature characters.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
You know, what if none of the Destiny Island trio return to Destiny Island? Sora seems to be heavily involved in Twilight Town, Kairi in Radiant Garden and Riku may be designated to the new Disney world as the Keyblade Master.

The changing friendships may be a side effect to the changing roles of these three signature characters.
i kind of expect only sora and kairi only return to destiny island and ride the raft together as a callback from kingdom hearts game while riku goes on own advnetune

Sorakh212

Awards
For some reason I get more of an ominous sort of vibe based on how he answers that question. Like how realistically it seems pretty common for friends to sort of drift apart and not necessarily literally be close in proximity. Sure they might still be close in terms of bonds, but I hope in Sora, Kairi, and Riku's story that's not the case. I'd be bummed if something bad happened to one of the and or I they drifted further apart.
Idk o just want them to be happy and still chill on Destiny Islands. Here's hoping this dose of reality isn'ttoo bitter :eek:

Awards
I'm of the opinion that Nomura says this because he's ending the puppy love between Sora and Kairi. I mean, I'm thinking of that scene in KH2 where Sora daydreams about seeing Kairi again, but pictures her as the young girl he knew. Then when he actually found her again, she was different, and he backed away from her, and was actually more excited to find Riku again.

Sora seems to be pretty resistant to change; every time something major happens, he has difficulty coping. Riku and Kairi have both developed and changed, leaving Sora behind, and that's why he wasn't chosen as a master, because that requires growth, change, and adaptation to the world around you. Rigidity tends to be more fragile than flowing with the situation.

Tl;dr, Sora doesn't develop romance, HE becomes the homie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back